Survival Season 7 - RECAP

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by iiSean, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Rate how much you enjoyed this season out of 10:

1. 10/10 Best Season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9/10

5.3%
  3. 8/10

5.3%
  4. 7/10

21.1%
  5. 6/10

31.6%
  6. 5/10

21.1%
  7. 4/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10 Huge Disappointment

15.8%
  1. iiSean

iiSean_
    [​IMG]

Hello Survival Players

It is that time again, Survival reset time!! I did one of these last year as we ended Season 6 back in October (You can check that one out here: https://mccentral.org/community/threads/survival-season-6-recap.25502/) So I thought I would make another one looking back at the past 54 weeks of Survival. This Season Of Survival began on the 1st Of November 2019 so let’s have a look at what has happened since then.

[​IMG]

Top 10 Changes from Season 6!

There were lots of changes to this Season of Survival making it one of the largest updates in MCC Survival History. The biggest changes were:

1: 1.12.2 backend

By far the #1 biggest change this Season would be the addition of the 1.12.2 backend. This was added so we could experience the new features of end cities, shulker boxes, concrete, new biomes, shields,

and even ELYTRA!! Whilst this was a big step towards the future of Survival there was a downside with the change of PVP combat. As you may know, 1.9+ PVP is fairly different from 1.8- PVP with the new addition of cooldowns and stuff. Whilst some may think this was a small price to pay for all the new additions, it is a shame PVP will not be the same on Survival.

[​IMG]

2: Removal of Spawners.

Another massive change towards Survival Plots this Season was the removal of spawners. While this wasn’t something a lot of people didn’t see coming (maybe it was I don’t know) it was a good idea to make Survival a bit less.. Grind-like I guess and more Vanilla, something Survival is all about.

3: Removal of /Fly-in Resource Worlds.

This was the third biggest change in Survival this season. Since (i don’t know how long) players could fly in the Survival Resource Worlds to gather materials, and search long distance biomes. This however was removed as “this is something that should never have been this way in the first place.” This led players to try and find elytra to fly to their destination instead.

4: Head Shop / Market.

Added a couple of days into the season, Head shops were introduced making them purchasable for $25,000 each. These included colors, animals, letters, and a lot of other types of heads.

5: Envoy Update

This Season, envoys have been more spaced out to make them less rushed. They have a 10-second delay instead of being all at once and adding it from 5 to 10 chests!

6: Ender Dragon Battles!

With the addition of End Cities and the removal of /Fly in the overworld, the End took a complete revamp and even added the Enderdragon to Survival :D All this required was 4 end crystals on the middle podium (the Vanilla way to respawn the ender dragon) and the dragon was spawned. Players often found this fun with a group of friends working together by taking out the towers etc. You even got a Dragon Egg as a small token for defeating the dragon.

7: New Plots Decoration

The plot world certainly took a revamp this season, with the plots being pre-decorated with terrain, flowers, and trees :D If you didn’t like these decorations however you could always flatten your plot manually or do /p clear for the regular flat green grass

[​IMG]

8: Money Pouches

Added from other sub-servers, such as Skyblock, instead of receiving money from your ancient/mythical keys that stay the same the whole season, you get money pouches. These give you an estimated guess on how much it should be worth based on the economy and gives you a lucky chance to win high or low. For example, a money pouch may say that it will add between 122k-178k to your account.

[​IMG]

9: Kit Rebalanced

Kits got rebalanced a lot this season. Kit Immortal in Season 6 would give you Efficiency 5, Fortune 3 tools, Fully Prot 3 armor and a Sharpness 3, Fire aspect Sword as well as a golden apple. This season, you get Prot 2, Efficiency 2, and Sharpness 2 diamond swords. This was added so players had to unlock better gear themselves and the kits were there to assist them.

10: Holographic Skulls.

Added from Skyblock as well, Holographic skulls were introduced as an alternative to the boring signs. They were able to produce a message that can be colored for all ranks and were obtainable from Ancient and Mythical keys.

Full Change Log Found Here:
    https://mccentral.org/community/threads/1st-november-2019-survival-7-0-changelog.25598/

Photos:

Have one last visit at your Season 7 Warps. It may be the last time you see it.

Spawn:

[​IMG]

PVP:

[​IMG]

Tutorial Room:

[​IMG]

Leaderboards

Congratulations to everyone who made the leaderboards this Season! Here is the Leaderboard as of 3 days before Reset:

Baltop:

1: Rxnz ($910,000,000)

2: aDuq ($413,000,000)
    3: jovonejc ($211,000,000)
    4: SmolKingu ($113,000,000)
    5: DaddiMeg ($110,000,000)
    6: MamiMeow ($101,000,000)
    7: MortiFire ($101,000,000)
    8: JEBFour ($99,000,000)
    9: Wraith_Shane ($62,000,000)
    10: RyanHealy ($58,000,000)

Statstop:

1: JollyWrld (13707 Kills)

2: LD_Supersonic (12053 Kills)
    3: uglymadi (7707 Kills)
    4: SmolAki (7289 Kills)
    5: sxber (6301 Kills)
    6: Etmo (6250 Kills)
    7: Plqmy (6137 Kills)
    8: yD4rkry_ (6084 Kills)
    9: Meriton (5618 Kills)
    10: CrispWrld (6485 Kills)

Questtop:
    QP = Quest Points

1: Mortifire (1928 QP)

2: Rxnz (1398 QP)
    3: 0pang (1155 QP)
    4: rayrex (978 QP)
    5: HimboCap (874 QP)
    6: RainbowHeartz (750 QP)
    7: iitsGrace (725 QP)
    8: Puposaurus (687 QP)
    9: AwesomeGirl5201 (549 QP)
    10: 7heDwarf (465 QP)

Luckiest Coinflippers:

1: JollyDropBear (+$10,000,000)

2: siroa_ (+$4,200,000)
    3: _Vesperal_ (+$3,100,000)
    4: Gilbert (+$3,000,000)
    5: JollyBoi_ (+$2,500,000)
    6: Bearrrrr (+$2,300,000)
    7: Yargan (+$2,200,000)
    8: oxBunBunxo (+$2,200,000)
    9: Rxnz (+$2,200,000)
    10: LamaOnTheWind (+$2,000,000)

Best Ways To Make Money!

This Season, there were many ways to make money. Some are better than others, some easier than others. The current sell prices are as follows:

[​IMG]

Farming:
    (In order of most profitable)

Pumpkins: $704 per Stack
    Wheat: $224 per Stack
    Sugar Cane: $134.4 per Stack
    Melon Slices: $128 per Stack
    Potatoes and Carrots: $72.32 per Stack
    Netherwart: $51.2 per Stack
    Cocoa Beans: $48 per Stack
    Cactus: $12.8 per Stack

Fishing:
    (In order of most profitable and rarest to catch)

Clownfish: $10000 each
    Pufferfish: $1500 each
    Salmon: $800 each
    Cod: $300 each

Wood Chopping:
    (In order of most profitable)

Acacia Logs: $2688 per Stack
    Oak Logs: $1920 per Stack
    Birch Logs: $1920 per Stack
    Jungle Logs: $1280 per Stack
    Spruce Logs: $1280 per Stack
    Dark Oak Logs: $1280 per Stack

Mining Ores:
    (In Order of Most profitable)

Emerald Ore: $64,000 per Stack
    Diamond Ore: $25,600 per Stack
    Lapis Lazuli Ore: $3840 per Stack
    Gold Ore: $3840 per Stack
    Redstone Ore: $3200 per Stack
    Iron Ore: $2560 per Stack
    Nether Quartz Ore: $1792 per Stack
    Coal Ore: $640 per Stack

Quests:
    (In Order of Hardest to Achieve and Most Profitable)

Monthly Quests: $40,000 Each
    Weekly Quests: $15,000 Each
    Daily Quests: $2000 Each

3 Set at a time in Each Category.

Additional Methods:

PVP Kills: $500 Each
    ($1000 Each Kill for Donators)

Coinflips: Minimum $1000 Gamble
    Maximum $100,000 Gamble

Community Events Recap!

Thanks to the community events team on the server, there have been a lot of great events occurring on Survival. So let's go back and have a look through all the community events this season.

Survival Crafting Olympics:
    Date: 30th of November 2019
    Host: httpmeme

[​IMG]

Our first event this Season was hosted by httpmeme. This event happened on the 30th of November and was a race on who could craft the following items the quickest: A Redstone block, an Enchanting table, A Bone block, Black concrete and a White banner. The first three people to craft these items were the winners.

Prize:
    1st Place: Mythical Key
    2nd Place: Ancient Key
    3rd Place: $1,000,000 In Game

There were chests containing mob loot and ores placed around the plot with built cave systems which made this a very fun event.

Survival Parrot Exhibit Building Contest:
    Date: 3rd of December - 27th of December 2019
    Host: Muel_
    Inspired By: Nikki_

The Survival Parrot Exhibit Building Contest was a month-long competition held by Muel_ (I think he might have changed his name tho) in which players could decorate their plots to the theme of a Parrot Exhibit. The two winners were joooshy ($5,000,000 or Ancient Key Prize) and puposaurus ($2,500,000 Prize)

[​IMG]

The Great Elytra Race!
    Date: 8th of December 2019
    Host: httpmeme

[​IMG]

Another event held by httpmeme, the Great Elytra race took place on Survival where players started at the spawn of /warp FB and had to get to the coordinates X: -166 Y:117 Z: -9919 when they were announced before anyone else got there! The winners of this was LendingGalaxy (1 Ancient Key) and Cxrtr ($300,000)

Survival Scavenger Hunt:
    Hosts: fouffy and Vervain
    Date: 13th of May 2020

[​IMG]

Our final event held this season was held by fouffy and Vervain in which players had to find chests scattered around the overworld based on coordinates given by the hosts. The chests contained all sorts of valuables such as mythical / ancient gear and all sorts of valuables. The event was a great success with many items given away to the community.

Overall there were many great events hosted by our Community Events team members on MCCentral.

[​IMG]

Conclusion

In conclusion, this season was full of memories, activities, community events and all sorts of memories to go down and to never forget. This season was a significant one in the history of Survival with game changing updates and hope we can enjoy all the fun sides of it.

Have A Great Day
    Bring on Season 8!
    ~~ iiSnowMan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Cool Threads:

Survival Mega Thread By AZXG (Ideas)
    https://mccentral.org/community/threads/survival-season-8-0-mega-thread.96923/#post-225662

Survival Plots 8.0 Reset Announcement
    https://mccentral.org/community/threads/survival-8-0-reset-friday-20th-november-3pm-mst.122064/

#1 iiSean, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hun yes. amazing post as always. i do gotta say season7 was a great stepping stone for survival in being a less sucky sub (since season3) with the compromises it removing spawners, rendering eco useless, and updating versions.

anyways buckeorooo gn :flushed:

httpmeme and iiSean like this.
  3. guih

guihzy
    Very nice

But pls minigames next

Pls it’s been 3 years

httpmeme, iiSean and puposaurus like this.
  4. CatBoyFable

fablesoul
    Yo tbh. This season has been the best for me even though the economy was fucked. I created hella pumpkin farms, fished a lot, and just ran errands for other people. But the reason why I liked it the most is the friends I made. Survival’s a small sub, it’s known. But the people who are on are some of the kindest people I know. We all had our ups and downs but at this point we’re all at an even playing ground. I met two of my best friends on here and I’m so glad they’re in my life now. I’m glad survival is resetting because that means the people who don’t play as much anymore may come back and it’ll be like the old times but different. I’ve had a lot of favorite moments, whether it be running around pvp with only a diamond shovel hitting players to groups of us dropping in on plots to listen to “drama” and making memes out of it. As cliche it sounds, I’m sad to see it go but I’m proud of what came out of it. https://gyazo.com/5f817b4c3e6d7c30a45e33acc9c8ac32

puposaurus, httpmeme, iiSean and 2 others like this.
  5. Unadvised

Unadvised
    Loved seeing survival move to a newer version. I know mojang is still tinkering with combat in these future versions so hopefully one day its ready for servers. Performance wise and pvp wise. Hopefully this up coming seasons eco will be a lot more stable. Should be with the addition of jobs and patching up the dupes that occurred.

iiSean likes this.
  6. httpmeme

genderroles
    Hiya!

Great thread! I'm glad I was able to host those fun events while I was still staff. I didn't play much during this season but I'm glad other people had fun. Looking forward to the next season!

Have a good day/night ! <3

CatBoyFable, iiSean and puposaurus like this.
  7. Chimpmeat_OG

Chimpmeat_OG
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm assuming that our plots, inventory, money etc will remain after the move to S8? Or is it totally fresh everything reset? I've read the change log and the announcement thread but couldn't glean wether or not this is happening. Thanks.

8. 7heDwarf

No, everything is gone. Your plot, balance, and stuff. It will be a completely fresh start.

9. Unadvised

Unadvised
    This is correct. But a new addition to this season is the ability to download your plot into a schematica. So at the end of this season you can download your plot and save it for memories.

10. Samboni

Thank you for always making these! Was great to see this since I was not able to play this season

iiSean likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.