[Guide] How to type color / chats in color text!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 254, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Many people have been asking for a good guide of how to correctly use color codes in Minecraft so here it is!

This guide would be in more detail on how to type in color chats or signs!

Note: To use color signs you have to be a donator rank (Coal or above) but even as a member you can use the formatting codes!
    Note: To use color codes in chats you have to be Diamond rank or above!

Color Codes
    (0 - 9) (a - f)
    To type, a color code make sure to type first "&" and then (Number from 0-9 or a-f)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Formatting codes
    &k = Random characters
    &n = Underline
    &o = Italics
    &r = Reset (force line to be defualt)

&l = Bold
    &m = S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶
    [​IMG]
    You can always combine Formatting codes with Color codes!

How to use for chat color
    Whenever you want to type in chat color make sure to do this: "& (color code) (text)" below you can see an example:
    [​IMG]
    If you want to use "Formatting codes" just add the Formatting code at the end, something like this should be done: & (color code) (Formatting code) (text), color code is an optional part, you can use Formatting codes without having any colors!
    [​IMG]

You can have as many colors as you want, but keep in mind colors would effect all next words rather than a word or a letter.
    &aHello bhey!
    &aHello &bHey!
    &6[&cEpic&6]
    [​IMG]
    Typing in a different color won't change your above text (as I just had cut a frame out)
    Typing first a "Formatting code" and then color would result in the "Formatting code" to be white (or any original color that server had set)

[​IMG]
    Using Color code for Signs
    The color code plays and acts the same way for signs, all of the rules of color code stays the same for signs but (color codes or Formatting code would work per line of a sign, means if you place "&a" (Green color) the only line thats gonna be affected is the first, not second or third or fourth! Leaving a line without any colors would result in it to be regular black text (same goes if you leave just placed Formatting text)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope this Guide could help to thoese that are new to the Minecraft color code system!

~Cya!

#1 Deleted member 254, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
    fraz and olo_YT like this.
  2. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey Regent!

What I love about your guides is that they are so well formatted <3

You have quick snippets to show for one instruction.

Also you make your guide more intriguing and more entertaining to read if that makes sense.

Thanks so much for this guide!

Have a Nice Day
    All The Best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    i-
    didn’t timp make a thread? :thinking:
    :thinking:

anyways idc. this is an amzinng post!
    i appreciate the time and effort you put into this post for players to resource off of!
    although this did not help me, i’m sure it’s gonna helpbmany other players!

4. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    You should add this on the FAQ along with timps color chat guide. I feel like this is a very good visual for people who are unclear. Thank you for making this post!

5. Ankh

Ankh
    It's a detailed thread, but I don't really see why it's necessary. There's already a guide on how to use chat color codes by Timppali, and it's even in FAQ. This will just disappear off the first page after a few days, getting lost in the endless posts. I'd recommend suggesting to Timp to update his.

puposaurus likes this.
  6. PorkChcp

PorkChcp
    Hey! thanks for this guide. Even though I have been using color codes for me I even find it useful. I will have to agree will Ankh that there is already a useful guide. So maybe you should msg Timppali like he recommended.

7. FBI

FBI

What astrafings said above "I feel like this is a very good visual for people who are unclear. Thank you for making this post!" Timp's post is rather less detailed, and wasn't updated for ages, imo this is a very clear thread and who cares if it will disappear from the first page? It's still going to be here, old one doesn't means its good xD

8. Ankh

Ankh
    Like I said, it will disappear off the first page eventually. After that happens, there's a very low chance that anyone who needs the help will find this thread. That's why I suggested asking Timppali to update his. Also, if you read my reply, I never specified one being better than the other.

9. FBI

FBI

“Google second page” anyways it doesn’t have to be on the first page, people will just simply search, not like “oh nothing I am looking for on the first page, I guess it doesn’t exists.” People will use “search” option, not first page option. Why will Timp update his? Just take regent’s work? This is already valid enough.

Gavin Baert likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.