Skyblock Reset Feedback

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Unadvised, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Unadvised

Unadvised
    We want to know how you like the reset! Leave feedback below. What do you like, what don't you like, What needs some tweaks, etc. Let us know!

2. Jazmiin

Jazmiin
    NO EFFICIENT WAY TO FARM TOKENS

3. BabyJuice

BabyJuice
    need an efficient way to farm tokens, takes for ever :(

abbs and Jazmiin like this.
  4. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
    Reset is pretty good, but please please please revert to old boss battle. New boss battle is so bad :(

5. Fasilisnt

Fasilisnt
    Tokens ^ are useless so nobody cares, also fix those numerous bugs ive already seen:
    1)U cant place a dub above a privated dub
    2)magma/slime make the server go dog and u get kicked every 2 seconds
    If I find any more ill make another reply.
    other than that good job on reset
    btw when u place a block outside ur island it says "wilderness doesnt allow u to edit the terrain", is that a complete factions port on sb? XD

6. Unadvised

Unadvised
    Well instead of just complaining tell us why? What needs fixing. Why was the old boss so much better?

7. Simplistiq

snoic
    Make it easier to have you're harvest hoe upgraded. Takes me quite a while just to upgrade 1 level on harvest hoe. I think it would be a little nicer to have it easier to have harvest hoe upgraded, considering of the harvest hoes perks take 2+ points to unlock, taking it a long time to get a solid harvest hoe. Thats just something i would change, other than that sb season 10 is amazing. Or, this harvest hoe can add the grind factor, I can adjust to it.

AlexMarkey likes this.
  8. smugglee

smugglee
    I love the reset, however Warp Boss is a bit annoying because we have to use our own armour etc..

abbs and Devon like this.
  9. Unadvised

Unadvised
    This is something we are currently looking at. Its a little too early to say just yet but we will be watching it closely to see if we need to make this change.

Simplistiq likes this.
  10. forgranted

inhabited
    Honestly, I am very impressed with how much you guys did to sky block and the rest was phenomenal. The one thing I have noticed is that compost bins seem a bit overpowered. I can break a single pumpkin and one second later it has already regrown. I believe they need a nerf but if they were to be nerfed I think it should definitely be on the speed part because it is sometimes to fast for me to keep up with.
    Otherwise, great job on reset!
    Edit: Also, when you use an anvil to combine a book and a tool, the tool loses the custom name it had if it had one. Players shouldn't have to waste rename scrolls because of this.

#10 forgranted, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  11. Devon

sadsy
    A list of things that I believe are good about the update:
    1. New island perms and settings that you can customize
    2. Obviously the 40% sale on all things in the store
    3. Compost Bins are an alright idea
    4. I don't really notice the difference in the new plugin + bug fixes, but thanks for adding it :>

-Explanations-
    1. I feel that the team listened to the community and added new things that we have wanted for awhile. For example, some sort of island leadership type thing. They added roles that the leader of an island can promote players to if they are trusted.

2. It's always nice to hype your reset with a sale so that more keys and ranks are purchased to enjoy the games, and I feel that sales should still continue with resets.

3. Compost Bins basically dramatically increase how fast your crops grow in an 8x8 area, which I felt is a little cool edition that was not that OP and was a cool reward to receive in a crate.

4. I really respect the Developers for trying to create a new plugin for Skyblock and not just tossing the "ASkyBlock" plugin in, this shows that they do care about their community and what they want, we just have to tell them. I also appreciate the bugs that were fixed while implementing this new plugin.​

A list of things that I believe should be fixed or are terribly implemented:
    1. The Boss battles
    2. The Up-gradable hoe
    3. Token (economy)

-Explainations-
    1. I alongside a couple of people (FarisNyanNyan, smugglee) do not like the new way that the Boss battles were introduced. Since this is a negative thing I'll add more detail. I dislike that idea that killing the boss isn't a challenge. I was able to do around 40% damage with a sharp 2 and strength 2 in about 2 1/2 minutes, which is kinda lame if you think about it, especially when the Boss didn't even move. Eventually, boss battles will take around a minute with everyone critting out the boss, and can't really be called an "event" anymore. Another reason why I believe this is a bad idea because not everyone is given a fair chance at this event. I feel that events are supposed to be enjoyed, and be an equal chance for everyone. With the way this was added, that is not the case, you have to sacrifice your own gear and items to kill this boss, and I believe the traditional "everyone has a fair chance with the same kit" should same the same. A lot of people may go against this but trust me on this, most of the community will not even attempt to do boss events and it'll just be one guy winning every time. My last statement about the general idea of a "boss". I may have said this in my first point, but this can't even be considered a boss if it can be killed in 5 minutes by a crowd of 4-5 people.
    The old boss mechanics were much more fun, and I hope that you read this and think about a few things I said about the boss.

2. I really dislike the up gradable hoe for good reasons that I will state ahead. If you take a look in chat, mostly everyone asks if there is a Up-HH for sale, and I don't blame them.Taking evidence from previous seasons of a sub-server like Survival. The HH itself was OP, and wasn't really in demand because you had fairly good odds to get it in a chest. Nowadays on Skyblock, people open 40 myth keys = $120USD (ON SALE) and only get a couple of these. This is broken for many reasons, one reason being its price. If you were reading chat earlier, people were offering several silver fish spawners = 2.8m on shop, for a RARE DROP in an ancient and mythical key. This is mind boggling considering that it is only a rare drop, and people are neglecting most of the Legendary drops like perks, holoskulls, etc. I don't wanna drag this out for too long so I'm just going to state that it is way too op atm. If non P2W players don't have a way to collect items without having to replace each crop, this game will probably die sooner or later (MY OPINION PLEASE DONT HATE ME :D).

3. I'm going to make this one brief so you don't have to read as much. Tokens shouldn't be hard to acquire. Token rates need to be changed sooner or later to make the game more stable with its token economy, that is all.

P.s. I tried to explain things to my best ability from my standpoint, if you could reply with some opinions you may have about mine, that'd be awesome.​

abbs and PistolPet like this.
  12. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
  13. Devon

sadsy
    Please don't hate this on me but hear me out. In the first 2 hours of the reset, I saw a couple of people with level 10 upgradable hoes (meabust, isabust) on the 2nd hour of the FIRST DAY on reset. This is crazy to me. I logged on just to confirm and their HH's are now at level 19 and level 18. For being the first day and suggesting this idea is crazy, give it more time and investigate before you give some of these suggestions. (P.s. farming netherwart with a compost bin is most likely what they did to get that far in a small amt of time, so it may not be the Up-HH's fault.)

14. Saboru_

Saboru_
    Can you make /warp enchant highest enchant level to be lvl 30?? Could the Repair Sign be blocking enchants?

Devon likes this.
  15. AlexMarkey

Thank you for the feedback everyone, we are going to addres as many of these as possible over the upcoming week. Please keep the feedback coming.

iiSean, BabyJuice, mcrcus and 3 others like this.
  16. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    This is a very cool reset, I really love this reset compared to many others, I have been playing the skyblock server since Sb3 (around ssn 1-2) and it has always been fun, but this took fun to another level. Everything seems a lot more exiting to do now, the new plug-in is really cool, especially with /is perms and the /is setwarp commands, but there is one thing in particular that is really cool, allowing everyone to access every generator, without making them pay! This will help because people can get the resources they need, and get them quickly, When ever i can, i plan to record a video going over the things that are the most cool, and the things that, i don't really like, i'm just going to get a better feel for the skyblock for now!

17. Unadvised

Unadvised
    I fixed this last night. Did it revert back some how?

18. kenkojuko

kenkojuko
    So far this season has been quite nice, and I've really been enjoying the new Island Perms. My only complaint is that "valuable items" is all one permission. I trust most of my island members with breaking spawners this early but not chunk loaders. Because of this, I'm still stuck doing the private door barrier. Maybe if there were two or three tiers of "valuable blocks" things would be a little easier?

Full_of_Parties likes this.
  19. Unadvised

Unadvised
    Everyone has different trust in their island members, The only real way to fix this issue is to make a individual perm for each valuable item which might be a lot. It might be something we wouldn't want to do. We can definitly look into it in the future if people would like that. For now id recommend to be safe than sorry and turn it off.

ItsDrakonz72 likes this.
  20. peed

The new boss battles gives an unfair advantage to some players. Ones with better gear and have more to spend on the game. The old boss battles gave all players the SAME advantage with the same gear. Other than that, skyblocks good.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.