Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Youtuber rank requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guih, Nov 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guih

guihzy
    Hey
    As most of you may be aware, MCC has a media rank - the YouTuber rank. As of today, the requirements needed for the application are:
    - A channel with over 5k subscribers/followers
    - An active YouTube/Twitch channel where you create content regularly (highlighted the word content as they state you must produce minecraft-related content)
    - Preferably have mccentral content already on your channel

The whole context of the thread is showing how easy it is to achieve a media rank in the server, given the current requirements.
    I have went ahead and looked into some of the youtubers' channels. Also had conversations with some of them, who even admitted never having created mcc content in the past - [​IMG].

One more interesting fact that could be looked into is the amount of servers in which the applicant has a media rank -
    [​IMG].
    No hate towards any youtubers, but after looking into all the data I could find I realized that none of them have created MCC content in the past 2 months (September & October). Not to mention how weak the requirement checking is -
    [​IMG]
    Applenox does in fact have a media rank on mcc. I have not yet checked whether he has or not produced mcc content. The image shows the amount of subs in his channel.

Once again I'd like to state this thread isn't meant to bring hate towards any of the youtubers, let them do whatever the f- they want to. I would just like to see a more strict application process (with more strict requirements) so that there wouldn't be dozens of randoms who had never been seen around mcc (discord, forums or in-game server) getting a $110 rank for a 10 minute application process.

- guih

ectratr, MAXILES, Ahnxious and 2 others like this.
  2. stiva

seray
    Hello, I just read over this thread and I personally see nothing wrong. It says preferably having MCC related content. This twitch streamer does not have MCC content after I looked through his channel, but he DOES have 33k followers which I’m sure took a lot of work and is an accomplishment. With that being said, unless I am mistaken, he has more followers than any of the other twitch streamers who have YT rank in this server. Additionally, although he may not have any MCC related content currently, how does that suggest that he will never stream on this server in the future? He has well over the requirement of 5k as he has 33k followers, so I really don’t see the issue. Also, why must a youtuber/streamer have content on the specified server? Youtuber rank doesn’t mean that they’re, for example, a Minecraft Cenral based youtuber , he’s just a regular streamer who met the requirements and was accepted by the staff. So I don’t understand the issue, because earlier in general I saw everyone dragging him for no reason. lol.

Edit: There’s only 4 youtubers. not dozens. lol

3. Unadvised

Unadvised
    We make sure youtubers at least play on the server even if they don't have any uploads from the server. Some of these youtubers already had ranks before hand too. No need to worry. Apple was given the rank more for this twitch channel than youtube. Again, no need to worry. Apple and Pr0x gotten their rank from their twitch channel. Probably should rename youtuber to partner.

If it is so easy, lets see your channel with 5k subs.

Locked to prevent any further Issues.

stiva likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.