Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Youtube Rank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stiva, Apr 25, 2020.

1. stiva

seray
    Hey!
    I was playing on MCC the other day and I saw a Youtube Ranked player, which I thought was pretty cool since there are very few within our server! I was thinking about it, and I feel like it would be nice if the Youtube Ranked players had a different colored IGN. For example, staff have a red tag and ranked members have a blue tag. Although it may not be a high priority or very important at the moment, I feel like it would be nice for a Youtube rank to have a different color like purple or something else so that they could get some more appreciation! Since the Youtube Ranked players have to apply for the rank just like a staff member would, I think that it could be very fitting for them to be noticed a bit more. Unless there is already a different color tag that i’m unaware of, I thought this would be nice. Thoughts?

stiva // trippiecudi

puposaurus likes this.
  2. Zlain

Zlain
    Hey,
    I think this is a great idea. I think it youtube rank should have a separate tag from donor & staff, so they can be more visible. However, I feel that this could also have a negative affect. It could possible cause members of the community to stalk and continuously message the player, which could be annoying. But I do see where you are coming from as well! Do you have any idea on what color their name would be in tab? ​

Issel, stiva and MasterChheda like this.
  3. Mxats

Mxats
    Heyo!
    I personally think this would be a great addition, as mentioned above this could afcourse focus/constant messaging that's why I think to prevent focus they could have a nick system and to prevent the constant messaging it would be nice to give Youtube rank (maybe even everyone) acces to /msgtoggle <on/off>. I also think it would be nice to have to color gold as the color on tab for Youtube rank! :D
    Best regards,
    Mats :)

stiva likes this.
  4. iZyro

iZyro
    Hey, although I think this would be a cool addition to the youtuber rank, I don't think it would be worth adding since their is only one person with the youtuber rank(IIRC) on the server, maybe if we got a few more people with the youtuber rank it would be a worthy addition but right now I don't see the point, still a good idea though.

Issel, stiva and Pinkapie like this.
  5. Mauricioh

Mauricioh
    Hello! I'd love to see Youtubers with a different colored tag. Maybe purple or dark blue. Also, it'd be awesome if they had the chance /fakeign, so they wouldn't get targeted on their games.
    I agree with iZyro, in my opinion it'd be better if MCC had more Youtubers first, then just revamp their permissions and stuff later,

Have a lovely rest of your day.

stiva likes this.
  6. Timppali

Timppali
    YouTubers do have a special tag which you can see here: https://mc-central.fandom.com/wiki/YouTuber

I think that their colour in TAB should remain the same (blue). It makes them stand out less in Minigames, and allows them to play without being targetted, as long as they don't talk in chat. We have discussed a disguise plugin for staff in Minigames, and it's being planned at some point. YouTubers might also benefit from it but we will see how it goes.

DrBrando and stiva like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.