Youtube Rank Requirement sub count change

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Veridiss, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Veridiss

Veridiss
    Hey I think that the YouTube rank requirement sub count should be changed. I feel like 5k maybe be too much (considering mc central is a small server) and I don't see many youtubers on the server. I feel like it should be lowered to 2k or even 1k, but that's just my suggestion.

2. Swinger

Swinger
    General consensus from the admins/owners is that the requirements are fine as is (I believe). I also disagree with you; 5000 is fairly achievable, and sets the bar at a reasonable level.

3. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey Veridiss! Hope you are having a great day :D

As Swinger mentioned in his reply, The requirements would probably stay the same for now but I do think the sub requirement for youtube should be lowered just a little. Although 5000 is fairly achievable, Most youtubers / twitch streamers on MCC kinda get bored of trying to get 5000 because it is only really achievable if you also play other servers so I personally think It should be lowered to about 2.5k (Mccentrals average player count) so more people get the rank. Overall this is a +1 from me

I hope you have a lovely rest of your day / night!
    DM me on discord if you have any questions (Mentioned below)
    -boom

4. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    Hi,
    I don't see any need to change the amount of subscribers needed for YouTube rank and there are a few reasons why. Firstly, if you are committed to YouTube then getting 5000 subscribers isn't that hard. Also, Mccentral's sub requirement is actually a lot lower than other servers. Finally, lowering the sub count would make YT rank have less value since basically anyone can get it. Overall, a - 1 from me for the reasons I have said above.

5. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    You don't have to only play on MCC. It says that you need some content on here and that is all

6. Veridiss

Veridiss
    thats true, if the youtube rank was set more lower, i think it would be less valuable if a lot of 1k-2k sub channels started playing on the server

7. guih

guihzy
    Not a lot of the current youtubers produce content regularly or have produced it in the past. Most of them joined few days prior to getting the rank, hence I believe the system needs a complete revamp. You gotta make sure the creators are actually bringing people into the server, and that their content is strictly mcc related. The requirements should be stricter as well. I feel like they’re being too lenient and bringing way too many “random” youtubers who apply into the community. Idk if 2k would be a good number, on the other hand, I was looking into 7.5k+, because that would surely have an impact on the audience. -1 from me but I do agree that the system needs a revamp.

puposaurus likes this.
  8. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey LeafyTiger24! I hope you are having a great day :D

My point for this statement was that I have multiple friends which stream weekly on MCC because Minecraft central is the only server they play on which makes getting youtube rank for them really difficult.

I hope you have a lovely rest of your day / night!
    DM me on discord if you have any questions (Mentioned below)
    -boom

9. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    Oh alright

10. Nikki_

Nikki_
    heya,
    all im going to add to this forum post is that YouTube rank is free immortal costing no money at all for the user. lowering the requirement to apply for this rank with an actual chance of being accepted would allow for more people to get the rank easier. I do understand how it doesn't make sense to need 5k followers when mcc's average player base is only around 2k, however I doubt that this will be changed.
    thanks,
    nikki

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.