Why vanilla skyblock is so unique, and why modded skyblocks usually aren't

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by SenltonGomes, Nov 26, 2019.

1. SenltonGomes

The vanilla skyblock map has a simple premise. You need to use your knowledge of renewable resources to survive. Resources are limited, but you can thrive if you know how to make farms.

Make a cobblestone generator. Use charcoal for fuel. Get redstone from witches. With a few map tweaks, you can make iron golem farms for iron.

It's slow and grindy, but that isn't why I like skyblock. I like skyblock because I need to find new creative ways to get resources. I can't go mining for diamonds, but villagers sell diamond equipment.

Let's compare this to packs like Sky Factory. You have access to most of the same mods and machines you normally do. Ex Nihilo is interesting, but sieving gives you access to every ore in the game, and a few mob drops.
    10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 hotmail.com

With a handful of exceptions, skyblock packs feel like you're playing a normal survival world in a void world. Once you have ore generation, some lava and the same mob farm you'd make anyway, it's just a normal world with some extra time spent making cobblestone squares.

#1 SenltonGomes, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.