Why often resets?

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Good InRealLife, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Good InRealLife

Hello, I'm a person who used to play years ago. I just need to understand why the prison server reset so often? I don't mean to stir tension I'm just curious on this.

2. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    It resets because after a few months everyone is bored and has left because they've run out of motivation to play. Resets bring new content and a fresh start which makes people want to play again. It also means people will spend money on keys to use for that season which allows the server to have the money to keep running.

Good InRealLife likes this.
  3. Good InRealLife

That is an excellent insight. I would need to ask, would the reset in fact do the opposite? Wouldn't it push away a lot of players because they don't wanna put forth a lot of effort for it all to be erased in 3 months?

LeafyTiger24 likes this.
  4. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    Some new players quit when it resets yes but almost all long-time players like the resets. The player count on prison seems to spike at resets and gradually dip as the season goes on and then spikes again at the next reset. Most people that want to put in a lot of effort play survival instead of prison because that only resets when each new minecraft update comes out so its roughly once a year.

Good InRealLife likes this.
  5. Good InRealLife

I think that would prove the point I was making. People are willing to put time into survival because it resets less often than the other servers. I remember when the prison didn't reset ever there were hundreds of players, where now it resets often and people have disappeared. A staff member told me a while back that they also reset to clear up data from inactive players (which is completely fair). Shouldn't there be a way to save data through a reset? It seems impossible to reach Z9 before the reset.

6. MrFatboysing

You bring up a good point. Resets happen every few months because a while after every reset (few weeks), nobody plays anymore. There's no real point to mine a lot, sellshops aren't actively maintained, people afk for spawners, etc. The entire economy and incentive system to keep grinding prison basically stops, and a reset is the only way that gets the spike of players. Would people in theory like a longer prison system? Maybe. But the current money system, and things to do with basically unlimited money from spawners, isn't enough. Eventually people get sick of mining and all the top people have $1 trillion. Currently, prison only seems fun in the beginning when everybody is competing, pvping, cfing huge amounts, and there's lots of sellshops competing. I don't think there is a large enough player base to sustain a longer season, and it definitely wouldn't help player count at the moment after the initial spike goes away.

7. Landshut

Landshut
    I like the Idea of resets, I feel like it levels the playing field. Plus I like the challenges and new additions that they sometimes bring.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.