why is pineapple called pineapple even tho it tastes more like banana than apple?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by StupidBlockBoy, Jun 1, 2021.

1. StupidBlockBoy

So one day when I was at the grocery store, I thought to myself that maybe I should buy some fruit since I've heard it's healthy. I usually prefer vegetables over fruit but then I realized that I can stop eating candy if I combine vegetables and candy. Well what happens when you combine sugar with vegetables? You guessed right, they become fruits. After I had figured this out there was still one problem left, I had to choose which fruit I would buy. The fact that the only fruits left in the store were pineapples and bananas, made my decision easier. I decided to buy a couple of bananas instead of pineapples because I don't like yellow. And yes, I know that pineapples are yellow but they are also green, or at least greener than bananas. When I arrived I started thinking about a thing that had been bugging me since I was 5 years old. Why are pineapples called pineapples even tho they taste more like bananas than apples? Shouldn't they be called pinebananas instead? Let me know what you think.

2. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    The word pineapple in English was first recorded in 1398, when it was originally used to describe the reproductive organs of conifer trees (now termed pine cones). When European explorers discovered this tropical fruit in South America, they called it pineapple due to resemblance to what is now known as the pine cone.

SplatBerry and bdqt like this.
  3. bdqt

bdqt
    #1 the way you worded this was a little confusing, but ofc we all have opinions but id think pineapples taste anything like banannas for example, bannas are sweet and have that dry texture after you've eaten it, pineapples are sour and sweet and after you eat it it makes your mouth either sting or tingle depending if you have cuts. And as you said in you post a fruit is a vegetable with sugar, that is not true lol a fruit has seeds and vegies dont, there are things called fregies that are fruits but they taste like veggies.

But Trying things is very important, so ima go try some worms i found in the forest, maybe if i add sugar to them theyll turn into fruits too!!

LeafyTiger24 likes this.
  4. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Off-topic but pineapple and banana is actually a match made in heaven. It's my go-to when I don't know what to pack for lunch. :)

fraz, bdqt, BlockyBeach and 1 other person like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.