Why do people hate MCC staff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcticOozzi, Nov 28, 2019.

1. ArcticOozzi

ArcticOozzi
    A lot of people I meet hate or dislike the MCC staff, tho they’ve been helpful to me? Can people who dislike the staff tell me their side of the story?

Abar likes this.
  2. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    People dislike staff because they mute them and feel like rules don;t apply to them for some reason. There is no reason to hate staff and they are helpful and keep the server running and chat monitored. People just don;t like staff because they get punished for braking server rules https://mccentral.org/community/rules/ People may also think they would make a better staff and become jealous that they are not staff and don;t realize the amount of work it is.

Abar likes this.
  3. seekingattention

seekingattention
    When I was younger I used to just dislike staff for no real good reason, as I thought it was something "cool" and I felt like everyone else was doing it so I'd join in. If you knew me a few years ago, then you'd know that I was pretty bad- I'd be flooding my enjin wall and the forums with tons of slander. Rarely would I actually have an issue with a staff member and I just thought none of them knew what they were doing because that's what everyone else said. While that may have been partially true back then, I think the same is still true for today- most of the time, people hop on the bandwagon and try to hate on us when they don't know anything about what we do.
    In my experience as a staff member, I've seen that people tend to get angry over a punishment when they were justly punished and they just don't want to accept it. That usually leads to them hating on the staff team as a whole, and leads to them thinking that the staff team is biased against them- when that is literally never the case.

If you, or anyone else reading this, ever has an actual issue with a staff member, the best thing to do is to just report them here and not freak out about it. Drama doesn't help anyone.

Abar and EssentialsPlus like this.
  4. sinderr

sinderr
    I would say that most of the people who "hate" the staff members belives that they were falsley punished although most of the time if you are falsley punished they would see this in your appeal. Its more of a personal issue between the player vs staff member , rather than a blatant reason or incident that caused the playerbase to be annoyed. I agree with you when you said the staff have been nothing but helpful!

5. Abar

Abar
    Overall, I think it’s easy to hop on the bandwagon of hating staff members but they do a lot more than you think. Due to the fact that the anti cheat isn’t the best, they’re practically the server’s Anticheaf. There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes that the average player doesn’t know about. I’ve grown to appreciate the staff more and more as time has gone by. They are all dedicated to the server and try to do their best to make it the best experience for their community.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.