Why are hoppers so precious?

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by creeper7777777, Apr 1, 2020.

1. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hi everyone,
    This season, they added the point system - which included placing upgrades on how many hoppers could be placed on the island, similar to spawners. Thing is, though, why do we need to make hoppers so valuable? They really aren't, because they can be cheaply made.

I get it if they want to make it harder for people to obtain massive amounts of them, since they supposedly cause lag. However, they can just make hoppers slower, reducing the problem, making their value unnecessary.

Some other solutions are, if they don't want to make hoppers slower, they could make them less expensive or make their upgrades cost less points. At least make it so the upgrade GUI doesn't close every time you do an upgrade, because you can only make hopper upgrades 10 at a time, making it annoying every time you have to place hoppers.

I don't know if they'll ever read this, but if you're reading this and you're an owner of the server, please consider changing the way that hoppers are obtained and placed, and if they really need to be expensive or not.

2. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Hello Creeper!
    I am not sure if this is the reason, but a few seasons back spawners were so available there was no point even playing. Players would have 600+ spawners on their island and as a result, this broke the economy. Now, the reason this affects hoppers, is that players would need massive amounts of them in order to collect the drops. By creating this limit, and having to upgrade once you've maxed out, players must work harder in order to do this.
    As I said, I'm not totally sure if this is correct, but from what I understand, it makes sense.
    Thanks,
    Nikki

ItsDrakonz72 likes this.
  3. Keeggs

Keeggs
    Hoppers are valuable and amazing in the game is because we need them in the game for spawners and the top island will have around 400/500 hoppers for their spawners for the most effectiveness and fast production so they can level up quick.

4. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    Yes hoppers are so rare because some islands need lots and lots of spawners to make money, and with these spawners, comes a need to sort them into chests, and the most effective way to do this is via hoppers. Hoppers are and easy way to transport blocks and mob drops for things like selling with sell wands and stuff. Hoppers also can be used with automatic farming like water breaking or cactus farms. Hoppers are i believe $2,500, which should easily be earned by farming melons or something if your farm is large enough

5. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hello creeper7777777,

First of all, I would like to put out that hoppers do cause lag especially when there are massive amounts of them needing to sort out items throughout the entire sub-server. Hoppers are also super valuable due to what Nikki said about where players could just afk for a day and collect millions of dollars in mob drops. This was done to make it so players had to actually be active to farm to then be able to purchase the upgrade hopper limit. I think hoppers should not be slowed as this would be super annoying for collection systems.

For these reasons I do not believe anything with hoppers will change.

Thanks,
    Incarnati0n_

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.