Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

which do you reccomend

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by NightFighter1432, Jan 31, 2021.

1. NightFighter1432

Do you think it's better to make my own skyblock island or join someone else's?

2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! Personally, I have almost always been doing solo islands on skyblock, although both solo islands and team islands have advantages. In general, here is what each island type offers.

You should join a Team Island if:
    - If you are newer to skyblock but you have some experience or are somewhat known.
    - If you have friends who are making their own solo islands (you don't have to join your friends' islands, though)
    - If you play skyblock actively and have lots of time to work for the island.
    - If you know you work better in a team than alone, or if you like working with others a lot.
    - If you have no problem being a worker, such as doing farming, working for the island leader.
    - If you want to be part of a larger community and (in general) have more than a solo island.
    - Make sure you trust the island leader, so that they don't take all of your stuff and kick you, and also make sure you trust the island has a smart and nice enough leader who won't let the island die.

You should be a Solo Island if:
    - If you don't plan to be competitive, or don't have a lot of time to play
    - Better if you know what you're doing
    - If you generally get better results when working alone
    - If you have a lot of keys or money and you know what you're doing
    - If you don't want to have to coordinate with other people moving expensive items around, or possibly losing them
    - If you are okay with likely not having enough work-force to go extremely far, unless you have a lot of keys

You should start Your own team island (as a team leader) if:
    - You are well-known to the skyblock server you play on, and play MCC skyblock often.
    - Make sure you know what you're doing, through skyblock experience on MCC!
    - Better if you have keys to start you off on day 1 of the season
    - Better if you can recruit people before the season starts
    - If you like being in an administrative position
    - If you don't want to do a lot of farming but still want to go far, using workers
    - Able to coordinate workers entering and leaving the island, as well as how to provide tools, farms, benefits, etc. to attract workers and keep them.

In general, as a team member, you work for an island leader (or you could be promoted to officer and have some more power), mostly doing farming, or if it's a larger island near the end of the season, possibly placing lots of precious blocks. Solo islands are harder to get success with, but everything on the island belongs 100% to you. To quickly answer your question, it really depends on what you're looking for in skyblock, as well as your personality.

3. Breazia

Breazia
    personally i’d rather run my own island unless i have a good group of friends to play with and that can be hard to find. I recommend being your own leader and recruiting people and making new friends.

4. jemelina

jemelina
    Honestly, I think this is all about preferences. From my point of view, the more the merrier. I would get pretty bored quickly of playing just on my own, and having friends around just makes the whole gaming experience more fun!

Creeper7777777 listed pretty good points on each sides, you just need to figure out what type of gaming experience you want to go for. Just playing every now and then, just having fun with friends or going for island top. I myself started 2 seasons alone at first, but realized that having the company makes everything better :3

notaspleen and Myko like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.