What's your favourite game outside MC and why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheTNTPotato, Jul 22, 2019.

1. TheTNTPotato

TheTNTPotato
    I bought a lot of steam games during the recent summer sale and haven't had any time to play them all. Instead of going through and playing those first, I'm probably going to buy more games and play those for a bit then continue that loop. I bought Hat In Time during the sale and it's now my favourite game alongside Stardew Valley. I'm terrible at the parkour but I love the humour and cuteness of it. Stardew is cute as well but the gameplay gets a bit stale once you finish the main story. I'm just in it for completion at this point.

What's your favourite game? If your favourite is MC, what other games do you really like and why? What makes it more fun than any other game you've played? Are there any games you want to hear an opinion about? Post it below and if I've played it, I'll talk about it.

Feeeh, Invader, Travis and 1 other person like this.
  2. MasterChheda

MasterChheda
    Hi Maddy :D

My favorite game is Minecraft. I'll play any other game, but then once I play Minecraft again, I'm just all-in with it. Before that, I used to play Stardew Valley, BTD5, and Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga on Steam. I tried Forager, but I didn't like it that much.

Anyways my favorite game other than Minecraft has got to be Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga. I didn't finish it on Steam, but I used to play it on my Wii and XBOX 360. It's actually an amazing game, and I'm surprised it's on Steam. It's a bit expensive, but I think you'd like it. It's just going through levels and completing chapters, which relate to the movies. You can unlock different characters along the way, complete chapters, find minikits and red bricks, gather gold bricks to do extra levels, and then if you get 100% in the game, you unlock the Bounty Hunter sector for more missions. It's a big grind, but the story levels are a lot of fun. It's also not competitive, and you can take your time playing through it.

Invader, TheTNTPotato and Travis like this.
  3. Travis

Hey, I’m Travis. I’m not sure if you mean video games or all games but my favorite game is baseball. It’s my favorite game/sport of all time, but if you mean video games, I love Clash of Clans.

TheTNTPotato and MasterChheda like this.
  4. TheTNTPotato

TheTNTPotato
    Considering I really like Lego Harry Potter I'd probably really like the Star Wars version too. The HP games weren't very extensive with mechanics, but they were really cute. I'm completely fine with grind, a lot of games I play (Stardew, Runescape, Warframe, etc.) are very grindy but 100% worth if they have an interesting story. I'll definitely look into it :D

By all means talk about non-video games as well if that's what you enjoy! I'm personally not big on sports but I used to really like badminton as a kid. Clash of Clans was by far my favourite phone game a few years ago, but now I mostly play a game called Shop Heroes. I don't play my phone games too often, but if I do decide to then I usually play that or random ones that I only play once every couple weeks.

Invader and MasterChheda like this.
  5. BrysonOA

Hey Potato. My favorite video game is definitely Minecraft, but I enjoy Geometry Dash and BTD Battles as well. However, neither of those will ever be as great. Minecraft is awesome because there is so much you can do with it. If you like to play PvP, then there are so many options for that. If, you wanna just chill in Singleplayer, then that's great! I believe every person can enjoy Minecraft in some way.

TheTNTPotato likes this.
  6. TheTNTPotato

TheTNTPotato
    I actually watched a video recently by The Spiffing Brit where he said something similar. It was a video of him exploiting a bug in the game, but throughout the video he talked about how great the Minecraft community is and how many possibilities there are with creating games within it. It almost feels like each server and it's gamemodes are free DLC for Minecraft. I like MC a lot as well for that reason. BTD is great too, I used to play the old games a few years ago. I surprisingly never played Geometry Dash but I've watched a bunch of YTers play it and it looks really fun. I'm not great at those type of time/rhythm based games, but I'd definitely try it out.

7. Saphiya

Saphiya
    My favourite game other than Minecraft is honestly stardew and i play it so much i think its a bit unhealthy LOL. It's so much like minecraft but a bit more different with missions and more. i highly recommend it for everyone :D

#7 Saphiya, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    TheTNTPotato likes this.
  8. rolledsushi

Hmm I don’t really know. I’ve pre-ordered Cyberpunk on PS4 and I really can’t wait for that game to come out! Honestly, I’ve been too busy at work lately so I can’t really game as much as I used to. I prefer playing Minecraft in my spare time because it’s honestly so relaxin especially when you’re playing a survival type game mode.

Other than Minecraft I’d say I like playing Watch Dogs (I bought a bundle for the first and second installments and I still haven’t had the time to play til the end :yikes: ), Assassins Creed installments, and osu! though I’m not really good at that. With college starting soon I don’t really know if I’ll ever find the time to play Minecraft or the games I’ve mentioned. I’m trying to enjoy my last bit of freedom.

TheTNTPotato likes this.
  9. TheTNTPotato

TheTNTPotato
    Oooooh trust me I get that LOL, I have 188 hours in it and nearly all of the steam achievements so I totally get that. I definitely recommend it too, it's a really cute game with a fun storyline, and each of the characters you can befriend are fun to talk to. Next time I play it, I'll probably work on making one of those big organized farms for fun. I worked on it a little but then got super lazy. xD

I'm really excited for Cyberpunk too. I haven't pre-ordered it but once it releases on PC I'll definitely check it out more. Keanu Reeves is 10/10

I definitely agree that MC is super relaxing. I don't PvP much, I mainly play on Survival on MCC and build random things on my plot. Been playing a lot of modpacks recently too which have quest books so I've been having a blast going through the quests and trying to 100% the packs.
    I've never played Watch Dogs or Assassins Creed but I have friends who have and they can definitely vouch for both. ACO in particular seems awesome and even I want to try it one day but just haven't gotten the chance to yet. I used to play a LOT of osu and right now I have around 2000pp. My skill level isn't that good anymore since I stopped playing, but I even bought a tablet a few years ago just to see what all the hype was about.. it was super fun LOL

I'm going into my second year of college and I can definitely say that whether or not you have time for games depends on what kind of student you are. I slacked off a bit and played a lot of games so my grades weren't that good, but I was okay with it for the first year. This year I'll be trying much harder so I too won't be playing many games unless I 100% know I'll have time to. Some people can get great grades and still manage to have a bunch of free time, it just depends on how you allocate your time and how quick you are. It really depends on the person, but I can definitely say that you shouldn't underestimate college. It's not usually just difficulty that gets you but the huge spike in difficulty and workload compared to high school that gets people. Just try to stay calm and focus on your work first, but also try to find time to relax so you don't burn out.

10. rolledsushi

I don't even know if my major would allow me to take a break LOL. It's my first year in college so I'm kind of nervous. I'm trying to get a major in Computer Science. It's kind of funny how games launched me into my (hopefully) future career in the gaming industry. I definitely need to get my head in the game every time I'll walk into class. Gotta get that networking wheel rolling.

11. TheTNTPotato

TheTNTPotato
    Ah yeah I have a few friends who are taking a business and computer science double major. It's really challenging for them but if you work with other people and study with them then it's not too bad. I'm not super knowledgeable about CompSci so I can't give super great examples, but if there's any ways you can play games and practice school-related things at the same time then it can be a way for you to learn as well as enjoy yourself a bit. I kinda did this by using a ton of spreadsheets for keeping track of game statistics, school work, etc. and experimenting with the functions that I was taught in my courses. I made a bunch of weird tables for Stardew and Warframe as well as different Minecraft servers. I mostly kept track of achievement progress and quests. I think I made around 8 of them before moving onto a word document instead. When I was staff here I also had spreadsheets for different staff-related things that I'd send to the admins. It was definitely more fun doing all that than reading through a bunch of lecture notes about spreadsheets.. xD

12. Ewhz

Ewhz
    Personally I'm on MC a lot more than most of my games, but I play Rainbow Six Siege & Paladins. Both very fun games.

I enjoy MC because it's very creativity based and it's seemingly limitless with what you're capable of doing/making.​

TheTNTPotato likes this.
  13. xDcoleDx

So you like humor in video games? DR2C (Death Road To Canada) is your go. I love it. Its a game with a similar camera to Pokemon games. A somewhat tilted top down zombie blasting shooter game. The graphics a 8-bit, making it a 20$ game with what I remember 128 Mega bites jam packed with action. You collect guns on a dangerous 15 day trip to Canada where no zombies lie, or thats the rumor. Play through several game modes such as Marathon Mode, Familiar Face mode, and MUCH more! You can design your own characters, which can even appear in Familiar face mode. So you can make you're friends! I always find myself spurting nonsense whenever one of them die, like, "Day 13. (So and so) got overrun by a hoard of zombies. The colors." There are a small variety of weapons, but despite that, its so rewarding if you run out of shotgun bullets and run to the next room, only to find a mighty case of shells sitting there. The game has never really lost its replayability, though. And, there is a way to activate console commands, or set supplies. Although, console commands are only really used for inserting scripts or mods. And the music, despite not fitting the theme, is just perfect. I'll link a video where it plays through all the soundtracks. --> (This link is not mine.) Some of the sound tracks include "Green on Green," "Rotten Shotun," "Canada Shmanada" And much more. If one thing, its worth the 20 bucks.

TheTNTPotato likes this.
  14. xDcoleDx

Oof. Well, you get to hear Canada Ho atleast.

15. xDcoleDx

why did i make that sound like a advertisement lol

16. Ankh

Ankh
    Pretty much the only thing I play outside of MC is Clash of Clans. Also have boom beach but all I do is get on daily for operation attacks cause my main base is maxed and they haven't had an update for it in years (*cough MCC Minigames cough*).

TheTNTPotato likes this.
  17. Zade

Csgo, Overwatch and Osu

TheTNTPotato likes this.
  18. xDcoleDx

your fish is undercooked

unnamed.jpg

19. sadbaby

sadbaby
    Hey there!

I really like Paladins. Over the past 2 weeks I've played like 48 hours of this game and I don't regret it even tho it's kind of unhealthy at this point LOL. I started playing it with obsessively and I think I'm addicted now

TheTNTPotato likes this.
  20. xDcoleDx

me when i reach the boarders of canada:

download.jpg

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.