We want the old lobby back

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by _Noxid, Apr 26, 2020.

?

Should the old lobby be brought back?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. _Noxid

_Noxid
    I was talking in the lobby with other people about the lobby, and everyone said we want it back. Everyone misses all the secret rooms, like the house in the rocketship, and the little base under one of the ponds. Then during Christmas, there would be Reindeer and Santa flying above it. Everyone I knew, and know loved it and want it back. It's special and sentimental. It represents MCC better than the current one. Its less bland, and more unique than the other servers. It makes MCC stand out. I can't think of a reason for it not to be brought back. Let's get enough people wanting it back so at least an admin can see it.
    https://gyazo.com/85853e7388cb327f9e2a3b1c0b14f6f2

AdrienleSmelly and abbzyy like this.
  2. _Noxid

_Noxid
    I assume the people voting no weren't around with the old lobby :/

3. Modify

modify
    The old lobby was difficult to navigate and was so long that you wouldn't even be able to render the whole thing. While players could still use the compass, it's still a better idea for new players to be able to visually see all the servers which the network has to offer. I think this new centralized spawn approach is more logical and so I disagree with the suggestion. Of course, like any build, more detail could be added to the current one - or it could always receive a revamp - but I just don't think we need to revert to the original.

kuieren, 10Controls and abbzyy like this.
  4. _Noxid

_Noxid
    You might have had to walk around it to look at the servers, but really it's not that big of a deal. Being able to visually see all the servers is pretty useless. That won't add any benefit to anyone to see a big portal. Why not just bring back the good times and have the old lobby back.

5. LendingGalaxy

LendingGalaxy
    I like the current lobby, from what i've seen so far. The old lobby was kinda plain as time wen't on. Things have to update and i'd like to see a new lobby actually.

6. AndyEatsGames

lemonshark541
    As much I miss the old lobby, I do think the new lobby is more new user-friendly and better overall. It gives users a clear view of what the server is, seeing as it isn't so massive. So I agree with @Modify on this one.

Modify likes this.
  7. kay

kay

kaykay6789
    i've been playing for years now & seeing the lobbies change over time has been fascinating to watch! while i do like some components of the old lobby, i agree with others in this thread in the sense of the current lobby being "new user friendly".
    it is very easy to navigate, as well as being pleasing to the eye.
    the og lobby was a bit suffocating and since the server gets more & more popular each day, it would become very stressful to be in.
    also, when mc central wasn't as well known not many people hung around in the lobbies.
    since gaining more popularity, more users like to stay in the lobby & chat with their friends. bringing me back to the point of the old lobby being a bit small!
    a great idea, just not including all of the components might be able to work.
    have a nice day!

8. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Heyo, I do like the easy to navigate part of this new loby, but can we bring back the sense of character? The old lobby had hidden rooms, a whole tunnel system, an admin area, etc etc. It was always fun for me to explore this, and it added a sense of character that the now corporate MCC was actually run by humans. While I dont think the old lobby is coming back, let the builders have some fun, it benefits everyone.

9. FourNut

FourNut
    Hey,
    I kind of agree with this. I did like the old lobby for it was much more compact, it had hidden areas, tunnels, staff areas etc. But now, it looks much better, there is a certain staff lobby for staff members, it is basically the same besides the hidden spots. I like the current lobby much better for it has a good Minecraft server vibe to it. I do not like the old lobby as much as the current for it was really big, and it was too big to render in, and it didn't have that good lobby vibe to it. The old lobby was basically a small room, with a much much larger room behind a doorway, and it was basically a large hallway to a big room. The current lobby is all in one, there are different mini-mini-games to play in the lobbies, and it feels nice, and smooth, and overall a good minecraft server vibe.

Some ways to bring it back is to get suggestions of things to add in the lobbies, and to be able to include possibly more mini-mini-games into it, or to add hidden areas to hide!

Have a nice day!

-FourNut

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.