warp pvp cooldown

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by puposaurus, Feb 20, 2021.

1. puposaurus

puposaurus
    Hey folksies (this post is refrencing survival more than other subs, but thought it'd be something that applies to other subs too),

Y'all ever notice how rookies totally avoid getting killed or something in pvp since they go into pvp, wait a few sec, and when someone goes up to them, they just warp. Especially, in survival during envoys since survival is more dead than my grandparents.

I think there should be a cooldown on when a player does "/warp pvp" (really any warp, but focussing more on pvp). It can prevent situations like that happen across all subs. While it may not be as common in prison since the map is bigger, I've seen happen in sb last season and I'm sure it happens occasionally there too.
    There are also situations when players hold down 'W' and walk on preasure plate and go flying then warp back to pvp as a kinda tease for players in the pvp arena and/or to be annoying. Basically to prevent instant logging.
    While I can see this not working to stop logging since players can stil just disconnect, I think for the players that just looking for easy envoys it'd help with that.

Like, what's the point of doing envoys if you don't wanna risk anything (stats or gear, doesn't matter). I feel that's kinda the point of envoys, and instantly warping back wiuthin few seconds of doing the command takes that away.

Why not add a move cooldown like factions and kitpvp? I don't see an issue with it, but I also don't see a point when a simple cooldown on how often u can run that command could work. I think rather than a move cooldown, it could work more similar to factions "/wild" where it doesn't let you spam it, or epearl cooldown where you ca

Why bring this up when a sub is dead or envoys are shit? I think it's something to consider all round since it kinda takes away the rush and such in envoys and/or any pvp like event. This obv isn't a huge deal, but thought I could bring it up since it's something I've noticed happening more often (seen it happen in all subs, but more commonly in survival. sb was a bit ago, prison is possible but not as common). I bring up sb and prison since the pvp map is similar, and imo, too open. A pvp map like last seasons (kinda similar to kitpvps, where there's a wall or corner with one spawn/entrance) worked well.

I get pvp on survival this season (and tbh seasons prior) has had issues and is kinda a shitshow, but im not here to fully discuss those.
    also, survival is not the only sub that has this issue, with the newer pvp maps being more open, iit's become a lot more common, and equally as annoying.

anyways, gn

2. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    I think this could be useful but what I would suggest instead would be to make it so players have to stand still for 3 seconds on all subservers before they get teleported so they cant just run to an envoy and then instantly log. To combat the logging, you could make it so that if a player logs in the pvp arena (for survival and sb only) make it so that they have 2 minutes to relog before they are killed.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.