Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

/warp End

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by UpYourNorth, Nov 11, 2019.

1. UpYourNorth

UpYourNorth
    Dear Staff

/Warp end is the only place I can respawn the ender dragon, and since it is a "resource world" according to Cxrtr "anything is free real estate. Since I cannot spawn the Ender dragon on my plot the ender egg can be stolen by other people. The enderegg is a valuebal piece it is significantly hard to respawn the ender dragon considering you need to kill ghasts to obtain the ghast tears. Ghasts already have a low spawn rate especially since no one afks the nether. It took me along time to gather ghast tears and I spent a lot of money to respawn the ender dragon only for the ender egg to be taken from me.
    I suggest we make more locations to respawn the ender dragon to fix the issue of the ender egg to be stolen. Or we could make a event area "/warp dragon" to respawn the ender dragon and only have 1 person in there at a time but have a time limit on it so people don't afk there. We could even a border around the respawn point so that other people cant steal the ender egg.
    I don't think im the only one that thinks this is a good idea because I know other people have had this stolen from them aswell

01i and iiSean like this.
  2. HarryIsADuck

HRY01
    Its a resources world, you need to be more careful when doing Ender dragon

01i and iiSean like this.
  3. Bedz

I can attest. Some random *** skid tried to steal my dragon egg. Mined it but I picked it up.

01i, UpYourNorth and iiSean like this.
  4. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey! This is a shame this has happened to you and I myself have thought of what would happen if they could stop it. I don’t think they should make it so only one can kill the ender dragon as it is fun to kill with a group of friends but maybe the person who spawned the ender dragon gets it in their inventory straight away? Honestly not sure but there must be some way to fix this and I understand your frustration.

Have a Nice Day
    All The Best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

01i and UpYourNorth like this.
  5. deleteduser

Hello UpYourNorth,
    I completely agree with you !

Considering Dragon Eggs are hard to come by, and as you suggested above. I believe a new warp should be implemented and dedicated to respawning the Ender Dragon. However instead of one person being allowed there I believe some system should be implemented to allow the person spawning in the dragon to allow other users to help if needed.

This will help prevent people from stealing the loot upon killing the Dragon.

6. HarryIsADuck

HRY01
    There's no rules against it, its in a resources warp everyone needs to be careful so they don't get theirs taken otherwise its your own fault

01i likes this.
  7. 01i

01i

support sean +1 as like u get instant the egg in ur inv but i wouldve said last person who hits dragon gets the "kill"

UpYourNorth likes this.
  8. Unadvised

Unadvised
    Hey
    Although id like to keep survival as vanilla as possible i do agree something needs to be done to prevent the ender dragon egg from being stolen. It would be nice for the community to brain storm ideas on how to prevent this so we can look at them and consider our options.

01i likes this.
  9. iiSean

iiSean_

Adding on to My Idea how about there is a warp to kill the ender dragon that only works for minimum 1 person maximum 8 people and they all had to be in a party to make the same warp, though this may not be very “vanilla like”

Option 2: Another option could be Simmilar to boss battles but whoever deals most damage gets egg. Though someone could just overtake the original spawner so yeah.

01i and UpYourNorth like this.
  10. ....Downtism_.

Harry you only want it allowed so you can steal other peoples eggs like you how you stole mine
    Also I agree with ___Sean___ with the first idea

01i, iiSean and UpYourNorth like this.
  11. AZXG

AZXG
    I don't see the need to change it much other than making it so that only the player who spawned the ender dragon can mine and pick up the dragon egg.

01i likes this.
  12. AlexMarkey

Here are the 2 options which I see most viable:

# The player that deals the most damage to the dragon is the one that is able to mine the dragon egg (this would only be a ~60 second protection, after this amount of time anyone can mine it)

# The player who places the 4th end crystal (Im assuming that usually 1 player places all the end crystals, however we could simply detect who places the final one which triggers the spawn sequence) is the one who can mine the dragon egg (again a 60 second protection period)

13. ....Downtism_.

alex the second one is the one that should be applied on the server

01i, AZXG and AlexMarkey like this.
  14. iiSean

iiSean_
    I would definitely say number 2. Even if a player kills the ender dragon by 51% who didn’t spawn it the spawner still deserves it more. If this is possible I would be a +1. Like you said, usually 1 player does then all.

01i likes this.
  15. AlexMarkey

I have gone ahead and noted this down,
    Thank you for the feedback!

16. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
  17. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    Hello Alex_Markey

18. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    The issue with number 2 is that there is the potential for multiple people to place down an end crystal to respawn the ender dragon. Yes usually 1 player does them all however there are exceptions. I think a mix of both would be needed to help remove most issues. e.g the player who does the most damage and places the most crystals should get to mine the dragon egg. However this also poses the question of having an equal amount of damage and end crystals placed. A third measure could be implemented that a 50/50 system would be implemented to randomly select a winner.

What do you think of this?

Thanks, Olli

19. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey Olli!

I think that even though there is a tiny chance of this occurring, it is fine.

We have had this running for a while and it is running smoothly!

If there is major problems we shall see.

Have a Nice Day
    All The Best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.