Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Voting leaderboard

Discussion in 'Support Forums' started by Tabbyfat, Dec 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabbyfat

How does the voting leaderboard work because I was once second for a few minutes (at least 2 I reloaded the page twice) with CamillaFalida being first and blockbuster98 being third, but I reload the page 10 minutes later and find that ChineseEquation is now first launching the former top 3 a step down. How is this possible?

2. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey Tabbyfat,

Because of how database sorting works; its not uncommon for people with the same number of votes to be randomly shuffled.

Simply put, if you try and order the number 76, and the number 76, and the number 76... which should go first?

The database will randomly guess and order them in whatever order it pleases.

As such, the top list will no doubt shuffle around as indexes change and such.

The ordering of the top players is irrelevant though, because at the end of the month, ALL the top voters (irrelevant of order) will be put into a list. 5 of those people are randomly awarded the giftcard.

InsaneIsMyName and 10Controls like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.