Video: Beirut Explosion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PistolPet, Aug 9, 2020.

1. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Recently, an explosion happened in Lebanon's capital of Beirut. I made a video explaining everything in detail, and I would love it if you could give me advice if it were good and what I can change. It was my first documentary-style video. Have a good day :)

2. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Hey PistolPet!

I have to say I am impressed by the time and effort that has gone in to this video. Especially the research you had to do to get the right and correct information for this video must've taken you a lot of time. it makes me very happy that you want to spread awareness about the event of this tragic incident. To help out even more then you did by making this video, you could maybe put a link of a website where people can donate to help the victims of the incident. I hope to see more of those mini-docu's of yours :D

Enjoy the rest of your day PistolPet!

PistolPet likes this.
  3. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Thank you for your kind words. I'll add the links of the Lebanese Red Cross and other websites in a pinned comment and the description.

4. Ahnxious

Emiies
    This video was really good, and I would love to see more videos like this. (Research videos and etc..)

PistolPet likes this.
  5. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hewy PistolPet,

Quality video, very informative.

My pointers for future videos:
    -Level out the audio/music in some parts, especially the music at the begining was a little bit TOO loud, making it hard to hear the audio of the clips.
    -Don't use the 'pop' sound for every infographic that pops up; gets very repetative. Perhaps reducing the voulme of it may make it less noticable?

Other than those 2 points, I don't have much else to add.
    Solid video, good pacing and editing, infromative, plenty of visual aides to keep my brain entertained.

PistolPet likes this.
  6. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Appreciate it! I'll definitely be looking to make more videos like this.
    When I rewatched the video, I also noticed those weaknesses.I'll definitely work on it. Thank you for the kind tips though :)

7. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    Very good video.
    You should make more!
    The idea from Dionnysus is good.
    Just some feedback (just a few points):
    - I agree with the feedback from KierenBoal.
    Also, you spelt "hectares" wrong ("hectars").
    - It is only suspected to be caused by welding work and the estimated 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate (NH₄ NO₃) is only suspected to have caused the explosion. When ammonium nitrate decomposes under high heat, it breaks down into diatomic nitrogen, diatomic oxygen and water, with the nitrogen and oxygen reacting to form nitrogen dioxide, a red gas possibly seen in some explosion videos.
    (Sorry, I'm a chemistry student.)
    - Trump's administration walked back on his comments, saying it was an "accident".
    - Lebanese are angry at their government for corruption and negligence - remember the 2019-2020 protests?
    - Subtitles are a bit fast and flashing (for me).
    Still, good video.
    Have a nice day!

PistolPet likes this.
  8. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Thanks for the feedback :)
    I'll definitely improve on future documentaries. This was my first one so I was experimenting.
    Have a good day :)

BlockyBeach likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.