Useless quests on skyblock

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Issel, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Issel

Issel

This thread is going to focus on the quests (/quests) on skyblock and my thoughts on them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of right now there are three types of quests you can do with rewards according to diffculity:

Daily (24hrs) - 1000$, 1 dragon egg
    Weekly (7days) - 2500$, 1 dragon egg
    Monthly(1 month) - 5000$, 1 dragon egg

Personally I am a big fan of the concept of having quests you can do as they can be entertaining and fun for many. However the problem I see with the current state of the quests is the fact that the rewards you get from them are pretty much worthless.

If you are a skyblock player you would know that 1000$ is pretty much nothing as you can easily gain this within 3 seconds of farming nether wart with a harvest hoe. So with the money set aside there is only the dragon egg. The dragon eggs are used/placed for island level and island value where island levels put you on a higher ranking on /is top. The only problem is that dragon eggs are worth close to nothing:

https://gyazo.com/71632b9d42c57ad3c7848b14fd9ca709

[​IMG]
    As a comparison the emerald blocks that can be purchsed for 2,300$ each (without the 15% off perk) are worth more:

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/28af553bb35b8e66c499131031608a95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see the rewards are really not worth spending time on getting as they are pretty much worthless. Personally I believe that you should get more money and more dragon eggs/have dragon eggs being worth more.

Idea for quests rewards if dragon eggs were worth 3000 island level and 12000$ value each:

Daily - 10000$, 1 dragon egg
    Weekly - 25000$, 2 dragon eggs
    monthly - 50000$, 4 dragon eggs

Idea for quests rewards if dragon eggs are worth the same as right now:

Daily - 10000$, 20 dragon eggs
    Weekly - 25000$, 40 dragon eggs
    Monthly - 50000$, 80 dragon eggs

Let me know what your opinion on the /quests on skyblock are by commenting, do you agree with me or do you disagree? Either way I am interested in hearing everyones opinion on this.

-Issel

#1 Issel, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Shiftr15, Evin Reed, abbs and 3 others like this.
  2. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Heya @Issel!

As an avid skyblock player myself I agree completely with this thread. It'd be great to see the challenges rewards reworked and it feels like that during the process of development for the new season, they were forgotten about.

I would definitely agree with;

Rather than having stacks of dragon eggs clogging chests and inventories eventually. Not to mention that when that player acquires the dragon eggs it makes them feel like their time was well spent to gain an item of substantial value.

Also the idea of reworking the money obtained from each challenge in my eyes is perfect for the effort needed to complete them! Nothing to dispute there:)

Great thread! xo

Crispy_Hax and Issel like this.
  3. WanderingMaster

I play SB2 quite often and I think they should upgrade the concept of questing! Sure it's fun, but to spend like 300 gold to make 100 gold pickaxes aren't worth it for 5000$ and a dragon egg which gives the same amount as a emmy block. I do agree they should increase the reward value greatly.

Issel likes this.
  4. stampyrhodes

stampyrhodes
    I Completely agree with what you're saying, It would add more of an incentive to doing quests then doing them right now, I also think that there should be milestone quests where you get a special item which you can only get from doing quests like a special sword or bow etc.

Overall I think this is a great idea +1 from me

Issel likes this.
  5. tayhlor

tayhlor
    Hi Issel! I do agree with this. I have never done any quests intentionally just because of how small the rewards are. I feel like the quests are too time consuming for the small rewards you receive. Having quests is a great idea and I think they can be fun if they altered it a little. An idea I have is the higher your island level is the more time consuming it is, but you get greater rewards. For instance (levels 1-9k have to place 100 blocks for ____) (levels 10k-30k have to place 300 blocks for___). Thanks for reading.

Issel likes this.
  6. 27JAS

27JAS
    Hi Issel!

I agree with this. At the beginning of the skyblock season, i did challenges for the dragon eggs.
    Little did i know that the dragon eggs are worth close to nothing.
    So i stopped doing them. Also, the money is so little, it only matters for people who dont have kits, or people who are having a hard time getting money.

I am immortal rank ingame. /Kit immortal gives me a banknote that is worth $2500.
    Thats more money than 2 of the daily quests give me. This is rediculous.
    I think that quests should give more money than what it currently gives.

Thanks for reading!

Issel likes this.
  7. Melifly

Melifly
    I feel like the most painful challenges are the ones where you need to consume a certain amount of food because for anyone with /feed or /god on, it just isn't worth it to do.

8. Lxvely

Lxvely
    I absolutely agree, especially with the ratio you've used. On another note, I wish they would add more variety of quests and preferably do away with the eating quests because they're really inconvenient for people with /feed or /god.

Issel likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.