upgrade plot size

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by eZMini, Jul 28, 2020.

1. eZMini

so the normal plot size is small. On creative talented ppl can build big cool stuff because of the plot size, also applys to prison,survival. You should create an update for prison and survival where you can pay money to upgrade ur plot size (igm) and for creative idrk but ig add a currency where you can get money by voting idk, if you do fix the plot size then talented builders would be happy and can enjoy building cool big stuff

2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! Honestly, in my opinion the plot sizes on creative are big enough. There's lots of space to make things. Maybe not a lot of space to make very large structures, however most people don't do that. They have had to expand the world size in creative before to accommodate more plots as more and more players join and create a plot, so if they made plots bigger, then they would have to expand the world more often, making the world file very large, which might create lag or crash the server. There are also no plans to reset creative, and the only reset in the past was to implement 1.12 onto the server. An entire new creative season just to accommodate larger plots would not be worth it.

As for prison/survival, they would also have to reset to add larger plots, however they do that, unlike creative. Prison and survival don't have many amazing builds, and a lot of the plots are empty. On prison, if someone chooses to build something on their plot, they often only use blocks from their available mines. I have worked with PlotSquared (the plugin responsible for creating/running plots) before, and as far as I know, it isn't possible for someone to have a larger plot unless they merge other neighboring plots together, which requires admin permissions. Because of that, there's no way someone could "upgrade" their plot to be a bigger size.

It's a good idea, although I don't see this likely happening in the future, sorry. Maybe they could increase creative plots by a little bit IF there is a reset, although it's extremely unlikely that there will be another creative reset, as versions 1.13+ are unstable for multiplayer (lag and bugs). -1

Lewklo likes this.
  3. Reeme

Reeme
    Hey! I agree with Creeper7777777 that the plots one creative are big enough. However, I know a lot of people like to create large builds. Players want to make a large build, but the plots aren't big enough. Usually, one would have to find an open area so they can "combine" 4 plots to act like one big one. There is a way to merge these plots, but most players don't have access to these commands. Sadly making these plots larger could crash the server to accommodate the larger plots. In the long run, it wouldn't be worth it.

As for prison/survival plots, I don't see a valid point in making these plots larger; if players want to make large build, most typically go to creative since the blocks are endless. Also, most of the time, players in survival use their plots from farms to get money. I have seen servers have large plots for creative, survival, and prison, but every reset of the server would crash and they would have to bring down the plot size to fix this problem.

I like the idea, but sadly I sent to see this likely happening in the future :(. -1

Have a good one!

4. 27JAS

27JAS
    Hi!
    I agree that the plot sizes should be bigger because some people want to make HUGE strucures. But like creeper7777777 said, this probably wont happen in the future. However, I might have an idea that could accommodate for players who would like to build large structures.

/merge. I think you should be able to use /merge to... well... to merge two plots together. That way, players who want to build large structures can, and the staff wont have to expand every single plot in creative. But lets say you want to build something bigger than 2 plots. I know this is highly unlikely, but humor me and pretend it does happen. I think you shouldnt be able to merge a plot already merged with a plot that hasnt been. Its like 2048. You cant merge a 4 with a 2. you need to have two 4's. so you need to have 4 plots to make a plot 4 times the size, but you cant have 3 plots and make one 3 times the size. I know its a bit confusing, but maybe someone can rephrase that in a less confusing way. Anyway, if people understand this, please reply what you think of /merge!

Have a nice day!

5. abbs

Abbskababs
    Just wanted to point out that your idea has some flaws in it. Firstly, for plot to be upgraded as you put it they would have to change the entire setup of the plot world. There realistically would be no way to expand the plots when they are together like they are now. Your idea would require plots to be more like sky-block and separated from each other. This would defeat the entire purpose of your idea as players wouldn't even see your build anyway. Secondly, The plots are plenty big as they are and neither prison nor survival revolve around building in a cosmetic way so there is really no purpose to making the plots larger than they already are.

While i do see where you're coming from i just can't see this being necessary and can't see this being implemented.

89p likes this.
  6. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    IMO, the plot size is perfect for my builds(I’m a spawn builder in creative) builders don’t have a lot of space so they expand higher(more epic) which wouldn’t happend if the plot size was big. Builders add way more detail and thought to their builds. Most builders that I know of love MCC creative because of the plot size, it fits their scale. If they made plot size bigger, it will kinda ruin it for those builders. I do have a suggestion tho, making 2 plot areas, one big and the other small. Then you will have the option to choose but it will cost 2 small plots. I don’t think it’s a good idea, it’s not worth the time and the money running another area of creative. Anyways I don’t think this should be changed at all, creative doesn’t have a good amount of builders too so the ones that do come is because the sizes of plot or just the lack of builders to compete(lets be honest). Thank you for giving ideas how to improve the server and taking the time to make these threads. -1

abbs likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.