Upgradable Pickaxes- An Idea

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by maaaya, Sep 9, 2020.

1. maaaya

maaaya
    Upgradable Pickaxes- Leveling up outside of mines.

I love the grinding aspect of Upgradable Pickaxes. I think it really brought prison to a new level. That being said, I think that Upgradable Pickaxes should be able to level up outside of the mines. For example, I think they should level up when digging out plots. This will become much more motivating on not only leveling them up, but also digging out plots in itself. Many people do not dig out plots like they use too in previous seasons, and I think that this feature would really help with that.

Upgradable Pickaxes Vs. Ranked Pickaxes. (The fall of the Ranked Pickaxes)
    Also, in this season, Ranked Pickaxes are not worth anything anymore. I think Admins should start thinking of bringing more perks into ranked pickaxes to level out with the Upgradable Pickaxes. Since last season, Ranked Pickaxes have slowly became less important. The seasons before hand, I felt that ranked pickaxes use to be a big deal and had a much higher place on value of items. I would really hope to see if they can make a comeback.

Thanks for Reading,

-maaaya

Ahnxious, tayhlor, ZQuan and 5 others like this.
  2. Kxrmaa__

Kxrmaa__
    I totally agree with this

maaaya likes this.
  3. guih

guihzy
    While you do have a point on saying that it would be more motivating, it would also be extremely overrated. Upon mining all the stone in a plot you'll have mined roughly 165k blocks. With a pickaxe exp booster on you'd get around 35 levels. Not to mention the money you'd also making from selling 165.000 blocks of cobblestone (roughly 500k).
    However, I do agree that pickaxes should have more perks, such as something that would work just like the treasure hunter upgrade for harvest hoes on skyblock does. Overall bringing more perks sounds great whereas leveling up outside of the mines doesn't.
    Have a good one

puposaurus and maaaya like this.
  4. nouhs

nouhs
    Staff told me that it was disabled on plots to avoid having people afk mine.

Raqueese and maaaya like this.
  5. tayhlor

tayhlor
    Hi Maya! I partly agree with the downfall of ranked pickaxes. Having everyone use the upgradable pickaxe as their main pickaxe makes prison less pay to win, and it attracts more players to keep on coming back. I do agree though that they should make ranked pickaxes a little more valuable. I'm trying to think of ideas to make ranked pickaxes more valuable but I can't really think of anything because upgradable pickaxes are far way better than ranked pickaxes. A possibility is that they could nerf the upgradable pickaxes in some way and it could help the ranked pickaxes come back. Thank you for reading!

maaaya likes this.
  6. Guwoq

I agree with disabling block count on plot world to avoid afk cobble mining BUTTT... if it was possible to have the original plot blocks count towards the pic/blocks mined for prestige but after using /reset on a plot it replaces the blocks with ones that wouldn’t count? Sounds tricky but who knows it could be simple I wouldn’t be able to say lol
    Edit: also any blocks spawned as in cobble spawning via a cobble gen it would spawn in as a block that wouldn’t count towards aswell, also with any blocks placed from mining/shop blocks

maaaya likes this.
  7. Guwoq

Also most ranks have a decent amount of perks that come with them alone, the immortal rank is either paid for with a decent amount of money, or grinded hard on prison for IRL deals to rankup, this being said if the ranked pics had one extra enchant, only one I could think of was an enchant similar to the harvest hoe in SB where you’re chance of doubling loot could happen, this is basically fortune but could be added to all ranked pics making the ones below fort10 have an extra chance aswell, so either add it as an enchant or make the immortal pic fort11 and call it a day that would make grinding to IRL deals to get rank upgrades more popular or even bring in more income To MCC as an incentive to become immortal for the only pic that could be fort11 also I think it would be balanced well considering it can break unless you use tokens to repair It. making more use of tokens, aswell as boost eco for players doing shops selling the /kit items

BlockyBeach and maaaya like this.
  8. maaaya

maaaya
    True, I agree with this 100%.

tayhlor likes this.
  9. Raqueese

Raqueese
    Maybe instead of ranked pickaxes, it could just be upgradable ones and whenever you claimed your ranked kits, the pickaxe's level increased by a certain amount? This way anyone can get a good pickaxe but donors still benefit.

EDIT:
    Just to clarify, it could be like pickaxe xp vouchers you drag onto the pick

10. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    Interesting ideas.
    Ranked pickaxes are really not valuable after the first 2 weeks or so of the season, and adding more enchants as Guwoppp suggested above.
    I don't agree, however, with adding pickaxe xp vouchers nor removing ranked pickaxes completely. Pickaxe exp can only be gained from mining at the moment, and people may abuse being able to afk upgrade their pickaxes - e.g if an immortal ranked player got the equivalent of 1000 blocks of pickaxe exp per day as part of their kit, then they could easily level up levels 1- 10 much faster than a rookie would, undermining the point of the upgradeable pickaxe - which is to be unbreakable and accessible to everyone if you work at it.

11. Raqueese

Raqueese
    You couldn't "abuse" afking with this system because there would be people getting the same xp from their kit but then also grinding out their pickaxe. It's not spawners where the more you afk the more you get, it would actually be the opposite. Your point about rookies being unable to compete because of these xp vouchers is also dumb because, first of all, mining 1000 blocks really doesn't take that long and basically nothing. In fact, I think it would have to be more than 1000 blocks worth of xp or it would be a pointless perk.

12. chocopie2222

chocopie22
    Yes!! I love this upgradable pickaxe idea. Personally I don't have a rank, so I can't really say anything about the ranked pickaxes.

maaaya likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.