Unplayable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aethonan, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aethonan

Hey. I made a post yesterday about lag on west coast.

Im in SoCal and use an ethernet cable. I get a constant and very stable 60ms ping on Hypixel.

If I do a ping test, and ping servers all across the country, I get 68ms to Atlanta, 70ms to Chicago, and 80ms to New York.

However. On this server? Which is hosted in Arizona? I get an average of 110-160ms ping. I had a 26% win rate last month and lag wasn't an issue. But ever since the hacker influx came, and im presuming the anticheat got updated, there has been a huge spike in ping. Every fight I get into is a 50,50 because I don't know if ill be turned into a frozen piñata after one hit. I take weird knock back and basically get hit from like 9 blocks because of hitbox stretching.

So for now? Ill preserve what win rate I have left this season and come back to SG when this shit is fixed and try some other game modes. But man does that suck.

2. Zguy2000

Papa_PickleZ
    Hey TurqoiseAsh!

Currently, the Quality Assurance team is working on actually updating the Anti-Cheat. because I am neither a part of this team or even staff in general, I do not know the progress of the update on the anti-cheat. However, I just wanted to let you know that the problem is being worked on daily and that rest-assured there will be a fix coming very soon :)

Have a nice day/night!!
    -Zguy2000
    Discord: Zguy2000#2656

puposaurus likes this.
  3. Aethonan

Thanks!
    Is this what is causing such bad lag issues?

4. Zguy2000

Papa_PickleZ
    It could be a good variety of things, but my guess is yes. Ever since QA started working on fixing the Anti-Cheat, multiple forums posts have been created to complain about Lag spikes. I would just recommend testing out things and seeing what works to make it smoother. Turn off shaders, lower render distance, remove certain Client Mods, just mess around and see what works :)

5. Aethonan

Ok, thanks for the advice

6. ImConcerned

vNato
    Just try and cope with the lag. Sadly, most posts like this are locked as they do not solve anything but I see where you are coming from and your frustration, but the only thing you can really do isn’t just hang on until things are back to normal.
    Apologies,
    -ImConcerned

7. Nxgget

kreamykhummies
    Hi I agree I get an average of about 150/200 ping and it does get very frustrating! however it is where the server is located and I don't think there is anything they can do im afraid, I guess just get used to playing with the ping and adjust to the lag. that's what im currently trying to do!

8. xXPuffleXx

It's most likely your wifi or location, I live in california and my ping is fine, I get 100ms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.