Unbreakable Pickaxe Boost for Immortal Ranks / High Ranks

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by xUntidy, Feb 6, 2020.

?

Should this be added?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2020.
  1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

44.4%
  1. xUntidy

fatbananaguy
    Hi everyone,
    I am making this thread because I think that Immortal Ranks / Higher Ranked players should have a "boost" for upgrading the unbreakable pickaxe so that they can upgrade it quicker than other players. This could make more high-level players grind and lower players grind as well, as they want to get to immortal rank for the boost.

This boost should be a slight increase for obvious reasons. In my opinion, it should be increased by 10-15% for bedrock players, 15-20% for legend players, and 20-25% for immortal players. Obviously this is not my decision, but I think because players spent money to buy the ranks and get the free pickaxe that only takes a few days of mining to get better than an immortal pick that costs 110$ to get the kit.

This could be a dumb thread, but I would really like this to be added to the game.
    Thanks!
    ~ fatbananaguy

#1 xUntidy, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  2. OstrichMann

OstrichMann
    This is certainly an interesting suggestion. At first, I almost wanted to say that I think this would fall under the 'Pay To Win' category. However, thinking about it I remembered that currently, every few donator ranks get a 'Shop Multiplier' which is essentially what you described but for the pickaxes. I think I am on the side that something to this effect would be a great addition to the server and to those who have donated. I'd almost venture to say that this kind of multiplier should be included with the 'Shop Multiplier' that way the incentive is available to more of the donator ranks, similarly to how the 'Shop Multiplier' already is.
    My vote for this is yes.

xUntidy likes this.
  3. RedPandaKilla

TheNotHuman
    I think the point of the upgradables were to draw away for the only pay to win strategy as many NEW players were drawing back due to the inability to start. By adding in the boosted upgradable pickaxes takes away from this completely. Its essentially giving the new players a good thing but giving donors an even better thing (what it is) leaving the P2W ratio near the same, maybe just a little better. Prison even with these pickaxes are an incredible P2W sub-server, we don't need any more of that.

This is just my opinion, please let me know what you think about my thought process.

4. xUntidy

fatbananaguy
    Yeah man that's completely fine. I just came up with the idea and thought it could be a good addon to the game.
    Have a good one, and thanks for reading!
    ~fatbananaguy

5. xUntidy

fatbananaguy
    Thanks for the opinion man. This is totally what I was thinking!
    ~fatbananaguy

6. AttackOZach

AttackOZach
    I totally agree with this, as its unfair to the immortal ranks that anyone could get a better pick by just grinding for a bit.

xUntidy likes this.
  7. xUntidy

fatbananaguy
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    ~fatbananaguy

8. ssophiie

ssophiie
    I like this idea and as an immortal myself, i would love to have a permanent immortal pic that can never break. However, I think its unfair for the lower ranks/ rookies as they are already at a greater disadvantage. Immortals already have multipliers, dmine, kits which support their game. The pic is the only beneficial thing they can build up.

Another idea could be like the shop multiplier and charity booster, they could add another for the pickaxe that could half the amount or reduce by 10% or something the blocks players have to break to level it up. So therefore its added but not a permanent thing just for ranked players but something that everyone can benefit from when it is active.

xUntidy likes this.
  9. oJackz

Just to branch of this idea more, a way to make it less unfair to rookies would be to allow every rank to get to a certain level of enchantment, as it is set at Fortune 10 at the moment , they could change this so that people with a certain rank can get to Fortune 12 , Fortune 15 etc, for example maybe let Emerald rank get 2 more enchantment levels on all enchantments and let Legend get 3 more added on to those 2, this means ranks still have to work hard to gain those levels.

xUntidy likes this.
  10. xUntidy

fatbananaguy
    Thanks for reading man! I really appreciate this comment!
    Have a good one,
    ~fatbananaguy!

mxbel likes this.
  11. xUntidy

fatbananaguy
    Good idea, but I'm pretty sure that staff wants to keep this server to the maxium fortune of 10, as anything above will be too op. BUT, if there was a chance that staff would make the maxium fortune more then I would gladly say a yes to this idea!
    Thanks for reading and have a good one,
    ~fatbananguy!

12. 1nksp3ll

You could have donators unbreakable pickaxes start at level 10-20 or something like that so they'd have a head start on all the rookies instead of raising the cap

13. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    I disagree with this. I do think that this is once again p2w and everyone should have equal amounts of leveling so two people can grind equally as hard and get the same level. I do like the idea above that it could start at like level 10 or something. I also think that fortune should go up to 15 but you have to use tokens long with points to upgrade past level 10.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.