[UHC] Unbreaking 3 on Hastey Boys

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by guih, May 18, 2021.

1. guih

guihzy
    So this is just a short post to suggest adding unbreaking 3 as well as efficiency 3 (already a thing) to the hastey boys scenario. I see that as a really useful feature that the majority of servers where that scenario can be found already possess. If unbreaking 3 is too disbalanced, even unbreaking 1 would help a lot already. Pickaxes last just enough for you to mine a full diamond set, a little more than that if you're lucky with diamonds, but it's certain that making an absurd amount of pickaxes when you're struggling with ore rates isn't cool at all.

BlockyBeach, Bruno, 89p and 2 others like this.
  2. micunmuted

PLARPS
    +1. This would be a nice idea since when your mining you usually mine for a while and your pickaxe breaks if you are mining for too long. It would certainly help people and make it balanced.

3. JakeOnPc

GamingsFinest
    What's poppin

Honestly unbreaking 3 is way too op, mining is already meta right now, I'd be worried people would stay down for even more time and less pvp would happen. However I do agree that maybe unbreaking 1 is needed.

micunmuted likes this.
  4. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    This was considered when the major update was launching, but putting unbreaking on the pickaxe (regardless of the level) it's simply just too good and not very balanced. The balanced end of mining twice is fast is having the same durability; you don't mine any worse because of the efficiency 3 and you won't go through tools at a different rate. You're breaking blocks faster so you're going to be going through pickaxes faster, so if you don't like going through 12 iron pickaxes then maybe it's time to switch it up and make a diamond one.

It's really balanced where it's at right now and I don't really see the purpose of buffing mining even more when that's one of the worst problems of the mode right now. If a normal pickaxe without efficiency is enough to mine a full diamond set, the efficiency 3 won't hinder that process at all.

PorkChcp and KierenBoal like this.
  5. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Agreed with Cxrtr.

Hastey boys allow faster mining - it doesn't (and shouldn't) increase tool duration.
    With or without efficiency on a pickaxe, your stone/iron/diamond pickaxe will still break the same quantity of blocks.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.