UHC Spectator Area

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Spiriten, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Today I launched MC and noticed the MCC server list text saying 'Massive UHC Update', so decided to log on and join UHC. When I first joined, I was in a 100x100 vanilla terrain area as a spectator. Confused me so I headed into the #support on the discord. Apparently that's the new "spectator" area to prevent ghosting.

First off, there is no mention anywhere that the area is a spectator lobby. I honestly thought it was a glitch, just seemed so off.

Secondly, its not spectating. Trust me, I agree that spectating shouldn't be allowed due to ghosting, but you cannot call that spectating.

So, what do I suggest? Add a little lobby for dead people to hang out in until death match. Since death match is the only thing we can spectate now, we should have something to do in our free time instead of just AFK'ing on a stone hill. You can add a little PvP area like in the hub, some parkour, just little things to keep you distracted and make the time pass a bit easier until death match.

Why though? In hub or minigames there's no announcement for when the death match is starting, so unless you have some friends in call or an alarm set you really gotta stay if you want to spectate death match. And I really doubt you just want to AFK in a stone hill area for a while, so why not add little things to do?

Pros:
    -Stuff to do so you can keep distracted until death match
    -All of the plugins needed already exist in the hub
    -Pretty much any map could be used for it
    -Doesn't need separate hosting

Cons:
    -PorkChcp seems to think this is ghosting but I'm not sure how high that guy is
    -??

2. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    I’m sure there’s plenty of other things to do until deathmatch starts. This was a needed change because players ghosting was single handedly the biggest problem, and that’s coming from a top player with the most games played.

This won’t be changing, as allowing people to spectate outside of the designated area ruins the game experience for the people actually playing the game. I’m not sure why UHC in specific needs something such as a parkour or designating chat area when there are other places for parkour and you are still able to chat.

TL;DR - You don’t have to sit there, time to figure something else out to do if you don’t want to watch nothing for an hour.

3. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Please tell me, do you actively have an alarm set or are in call with people still alive if you get eliminated early to notify you of when to join back to spec?

If you do not, you're exactly the target with this. Why make people wait in an empty area if you can spend 10 minutes building something to make it more enjoyable?

4. Spiriten

Spiriten
    So, add a global broadcast for when death match is going to begin. If I'm not on UHC, I'm not going to know when UHC deathmatch begins.

And the "hacker" issue isn't this at all, if MCC were to have a proper anticheat that wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Replace both the copies of NCP and AAC to something modern.

5. DarkBeastPro

DarkBeastPro
    I feel like instead of a global broadcast, there should be like a toggleable thing for it. This would be a simple command where you would do something like /deathmatch, and it would give one the people who enabled that command a reminder for it. There is already enough automatic chat messages that mcc spams so it would be better if the people who don't play uhc get one.

Zonafer likes this.
  6. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    Adding on to the previous comments, not only will this change help eliminate ghosting, it will also help staff determine if a player is tracing or not. Previously, it was sometimes difficult to distinguish between a player that may be tracing vs someone who is being ghosted for/the ghoster xraying. While this change will certainly be something that will take time to get used to, I see minimal differences between this and spectators who would fly around the map the entire game without finding anyone until close to deathmatch.

Overall, I feel there is no need to add additional changes such as a parkour for spectators. There are ample amounts of subservers and minigames that players can take advantage of while waiting for deathmatch.

7. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    Whilst it may be interesting to have some changes made, I really don't see the need to add anything since, as the people above have said, you don't actually have to wait for deathmatch, just go and play on a subserver until deathmatch starts. Overall I think it would be cool but not needed so a - 1 from me

8. Ringars

Ringars
    or they could add a little pvp arena in the spectating room.
    like mmc and lunar uhc meetups, where players can join a mini uhc game and it would be like a deathmatch.
    this wouldnt have any stats or rankings, but it would just be a uhc ffa to fight and practice in an open terrain

abbs likes this.
  9. Unadvised

Unadvised
    I don't think this should be change nor do I think it will be changed. You join uhc as a spectator to spectate. Yes its contained to 50x50 or whatever it is. But that's the point. if you want to go do parkour, Go to creative or another sub server, If you want to pvp. Go to another sub server to pvp. Point is if your joining uhc to spectate, Your gonna spectate 0,0 and if you don't want to wait till death match. Go do something else. No point to add a separate lobby to spare time when you joined in the first place to spectate.

LeafyTiger24, 10sec and PorkChcp like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.