Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Toronto Slang - Filter Bypass

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcrcus, Aug 13, 2020.

1. mcrcus

mcrcus
    -= PLEASE PARDON MY LANGUAGE IN THIS THREAD. I MAY USE IT AS AN EXAMPLE AND IT SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY =-

Howdy everyone! This is for my non-Canadians out there, so if you are Canadian, you may know what I'm talking about. If you aren't, well you are in for a treat.

I was playing Murder Mayhem today, when I got these messages (btw, I said "nah im good" after he/she said it):

Screenshot 2020-08-12 21.54.46.png

If you are Canadian, you may know what that kid was talking about, if you don't know what it means, a "wozzle" is another way of saying "blowjob," which is a blacklisted word on the server.

For people that may not know, it is a form of Toronto Slang, which is slang that typically young citizens use that adapt to the city of Toronto. However, if you aren't from Toronto, and you know this form of slang, then I am not surprised, as it is spreading around the world. If you want more information on word meanings, here are some links:

https://www.narcity.com/life/ca/on/...ng-words-youve-definitely-heard-at-least-once
    https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/on/...nly-understand-if-youre-fluent-in-torontonian
    https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toronto/lifestyle/60-scarborough-slang-words-for-everyday-situations

Most of the words in those links are harmless, such as "6ix" or "mans," but then there are some others that may offend some users. For instance, "Top," which is also meaning a blowjob, and "Bucktee," which is what you call a homeless person. Bucktee may not be that big, but Top is a form of Bypassing Chat Filter, considering "blowjob" is a blacklisted word. And from my two minutes of research, "Top," "Bucktee," and "Wozzle" are ALL not blacklisted. Considering these have meanings that may offend people, this could be considered Filter Bypass.

I am worried that if I /chatreported someone for saying "someone gimme a wozzle," then it would be denied because the staff member may not know what a wozzle is, or any explicit Toronto Slang word for that matter.

I am not saying change the Bypassing Chat Filter rule completely, but I would recommend to the Admins, to do some research on explicit Toronto Slang words that people may be offended by. As my IGN is "TorontoCanada," it is pretty annoying to see everyone type stuff to me that is explicit in Torontonian.

Let me know what you guys think! And keep it happy! :D

<3

abbs and ctrs like this.
  2. ctrs

ctrs
    yeah there are a lot of problems with blacklisted words on mcc and players can get around it easily without punishment, I suggest just contacting a moderator+ about this, and asking to make a staff ticket, or even better just contacting an admin because this is a worthy enough problem. personally i'm not from canada but i still see where you're coming from.

mcrcus likes this.
  3. forgranted

inhabited
    Not from Canada, but it would be great if someone made a forum thread for staff members that could see slang that has been used in-game and knew whether or not it bypassed a filter. The admin team would probably have to look through and decide what is considered breaking the rule.

abbs likes this.
  4. TeddyOreo

TeddyOreo
    Hey TorontoCanada,

As a Canadian, I personally think this would be a nice idea to add to the list of blacklisted words. I see a lot of people use that terminology irl which is pretty explicit in my opinion. On the other hand, we'd have to go through all different kinds of slang and blacklist words that can mean other things. Also, keep in mind that not all players know what these words mean as they might not be from that country/city.

mcrcus and abbs like this.
  5. abbs

Abbskababs
    Hey, if it is something that really concerns you, you can screen shot and forum report (Just include in the report that they are using slag to bypass filter). It's probably not as quick as chat reporting but then the staff will know why its been reported, at least this way they can still be punished.

6. Twizzrel

Twizzrel
    Hey, I totally agree that all slangs or explicit words should be blacklisted, however they rarely update the plugin with new words. I think that this should cause bigger concern in order for them to implement it. I highly doubt that some of these words will ever be put into the blacklisted words. As someone above said, just report them and explain the meaning of the word.

mcrcus likes this.
  7. Reeme

Reeme
    Hey!
    I 100% agree with this. I know a couple of different words in other languages that would be blacklisted if it was in English. Even though not all people speak these languages or jargon, I think it's essential that if you see someone filter bypass a word in a different language (which you understand), make a chatreport or make a forum report.

8. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    The problem is in my language there’s a lot of swear words that aren’t swear words in English. I think there should be a forum for slang words to black list(only in English) that you can subbmiting slang words that have a bad meaning.

9. Tcay

why tho? what harm did it do? he was clearly making a joke and you go ahead to get the whole forums on his *** , what harm did it do and what help did you do? nothing. jack shit.

10. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    Ye let’s not get toxic, but this server is supposed to be family friendly and he showed how people bypassed it

11. Tcay

its not suppose to be family friendly because i can still cuss... it aint hypixel mate, people get toxic , the player was making a harmless joke and you just want to mute his arse it aint even just

12. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    Well rules are rules. If certain swears are blacklisted why won’t the same meaning of the swear wont be blacklisted? This is just dumb. Plus staff are trying to calm down toxicity, do you think they just give up? I want to mute him so he stops being toxic, not to do it for fun. In fact I was a toxic player but I’ve changed since and part of it is because of the mutes.

13. Tcay

'i want to mute so he stops being toxic' please sir tell me where this man was toxic? COZ I DONT SEE NO TOXICITY

14. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    Well I meant like generally players that are toxic not this specific one, and, it’s more inappropriate than toxic to offer a blowjob for someone I do agree with you on this one. It’s a mistake in my opinion for someone talking inappropriately in chat, a mute is a punishment for that, and the rules are the rules. Staff are muting people for them to change, not to attack back. Tbh I don’t realy care about people cussing in chat but there are people who do and I understand that.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.