Tokens

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Incarnati0n_, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    I made a post within the Skyblock general discussion that I believe also needs to be addressed here for all Prison players like myself. Tokens are becoming such a hassle as prices have increased from 2k at the start of the season to 20k ish currently. Currently I am one of the top ranked in prison 1 so I am able to afford to purchase tokens at this price, however many other people struggle to get tokens to be able to purchase spawners.

I believe Versailies had a very good suggestion on the Skyblock discussion about introducing another alternative way of getting tokens (e.g. Killing mobs, pvp kills, etc.). This would hopefully reduce the prices of tokens so it doesn't become the next in-game bitcoin.

I want to see what all Prison players think of this.
    Thanks, Olli

puposaurus and Kane like this.
  2. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew
    I don't like the way tokens have influenced the sub servers of Prison and Skyblock. I have noticed they have ranged in price in the economy between 2,000-25,000 in the past few months. Newer players are finding it harder and harder to catch up to the other prison players that have these mass amounts of balance. I would like to see them reintroduced in a different way these next resets.

Incarnati0n_ likes this.
  3. Kane

Kane
    I definitely agree with your suggestion. As token prices are still increasing, they only keep getting harder and harder to get. Tokens should be obtained by ways other than mining, such as killing mobs or killing player at pvp. In my opinion, adding a tokens booster would be a pretty decent solution in itself too.

Incarnati0n_ likes this.
  4. puposaurus

puposaurus
    i agree with the idea of getting tokens another way, other than just mining. I “rejoined” prison about two or three months ago, and when i joined players were already at 100mil and 6th prestige, so i get what ya’ mean for new meat who join prison in the middle of a season to feel almost overwhelmed by the “wealth”/economy of prison. however, I don’t see tokens being obtainable from killing mobs.
    also, js. i think one of the main reasons that tokens were only obtainable from mining was to make mcc prison a “mining” economy.. at least compared to previous seasons ever since season 3 when purchasable spawners were first introduced to prison.
    ‘n i feel like if getting tokens from killing mobs was implemented, prison would just turn into season 3. where people relied on grinders and even rented them out and made 1m-2m+ an hour.
    I really like the idea of pvp kills. i can see it getting abused becuase people could just farm off of their alts or a friend. Players could also advertise “giving 100kills away for <amount> so you can get tokens”... or something like that. if that makes sense. Although this is kinda counter intuitive, maybe have a custom enchant you can put on swords for a chance of a token drop from kills.
    Another idea i have could be from mining out plots. since many players mine out their plot and/or pay people to mine out their plots it could be a ‘lil bonus ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Overall, I agree with the idea of getting tokens another way than just mining.
    okie sorry for long thread, i bet half the things don’t make sense- err sorry ‘bout that

Have a star day!
    ~poo poo saurus

5. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    The use of having alt accounts or friends to boost and a main account would be bannable as a gameplay severity 2 offence and therefore I believe this would not occur.​

I see your point here about wanting prison to remain mining based, however being one of the top players in Prison 1 I already make more than 1-2m an hour if i afk spawners/get others to afk for me. Combined with this, if i decided to mine or farm apples i could easily make 5+ mil per hour

Thanks Olli​

puposaurus likes this.
  6. wolt

Well my counter argument is "The rich will get richer". If the tokens price were too low, a lot of donor would have a lot of spawners. It is better to have a low chance of tokens so that more people would grind mining and spend more time on the server. But no ones want to do that so I like your idea of getting tokens from killing mobs. By having blaze spawners, you also get money and tokens. And the good side of it is not having afks on the server and actually play it. I like your idea and I think they should make the drop rate the same as ores.

7. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_

Yes I agree that something needs to change also taking in mind that it has to not be super overpowered

Thanks, Olli​

8. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    Based off this thread people are wanting a easier way to obtain tokens to stop the inflation of their prices and slow the wealth, however, if tokens were more common then acquiring spawners would be just as easier which is where the tokens are sent to. I do see the pov coming from those who suggested other ways to get tokens but in all fairness the way they are being used as of now seems to be the only even way to get tokens without causing a shortage or a mass produce.

puposaurus likes this.
  9. bypaths

bypaths Guest

Hey,

I don't play prisons very often but I can refer to this token issue from other servers. Although I see where you are coming from with them being such a hassle, but this is part of the gamemode and how it is meant to be played, if they are so crucial for someone to have there is suppose to be a challenge for players to get it, and the rich people like you (as you stated) should be able to get them because you worked for it.

puposaurus likes this.
  10. FourNut

FourNut
    Hello,
    My opinion is that Tokens balanced the economy, as in prisons, you could just buy spawners after spawners, but with tokens it balanced that out. Of course with grinding, you can get it easily with mining, and creating sell shops for people to sell their tokens to it.

11. guih

guihzy
    Hey
    I agree with the idea of getting tokens in other ways than mining but i disagree with the idea of getting tokens by killing mobs, as you would need tokens to buy spawners to kill mobs and get tokens. I also don’t support the idea of getting tokens from pvp kills because people would kill players who warp to the pvp arena to mine only. I’m a +1 to adding a token booster, which would make the community get tokens faster.

MicroSquid and puposaurus like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.