Token change

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Intricate_, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Intricate_

Intricate_
    If the server wants to promote mining then it should disable the buying and selling of tokens and only making it that you can obtain them by mining.

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    ok boomer. i see what you’re getting at. however, (1) since prison has some pay to win aspect to it, i feel leaving a way to get ‘em through keys should stay. it also makes the really really tryhardinf prison mfs kinda get disappointed when they spin keys just for tokens >:) as well as (2) in order to make tokens actually have a purpose or goal to get, it’s good to be able to redeem them for things like custom enchants and spawners. as well as (3) to keep prison more of a “community” i feel that keeping the ability for players to be able to sell them and kinda exchange for ingame balance can (4) help keep the economy flowing and players interacting. as long as it doesn’t break the economy as soon as season6 had done :/

anywyas these are just my opinions. i’m sure there are much more many reasons for both sides.
    have a great day!

3. Intricate_

Intricate_
    I agree with everything you mentioned especially since during season 6 I think I bought around 30 mil in tokens but what could be done is to have the upgradable pickaxes have an enchant like token luck so tokens are more abundant and because of that will lower the price of them and also maybe give tokens more uses that just buying spawners maybe like you need certain amount of tokens to prestige or something.

4. hawaiianpunch

I also agree with puposaurus, the economy would be the main thing why you would be able to sell and buy them. I do think that the scams of people trying to get new players to sell them tokens for dirt cheap is sad. Though in the end, tokens should get more things to do then just buy spawners.

5. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hello intricate_

Prison tokens are basically a second currency and therefore I see no issue in being able to buy and sell tokens.

Thanks, Olli

6. OstrichMann

OstrichMann
    I completely disagree with removing tokens from the economy. By removing the ability to buy or sell them you remove the ability for players to 'catch' up later on in the season. If a player joined halfway through and they could only get tokens by mining they would never be able to catch up to players that started much earlier than them. I also don't see the harm that it causes even if people are buying and selling them. If you don't want to partake then, by all means, don't, but I don't see the harm unless the goal is to only reward people who strictly mine and make that the ONLY way to progress.
    TL;DR In my opinion removing tokens from the economic side of things will cause more harm than good to late starters and to the server overall.

7. ssophiie

ssophiie
    Don't think we should get rid of that option. It allows people to exchange more items to gain quick money for the smaller players whilst boosting the people who want to grind spawners who are more competitive.

Its a win win really for both types of players.

8. AttackOZach

AttackOZach
    I think tokens should be sellable due to the fact that it makes the economy grow

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.