Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Tips for Playing Against Hackers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikki_, May 5, 2020.

1. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Howdy, All!
    I recently started playing way more skywars than I ever have, and obviously like we all know, there are so many hackers! I'm always active on discord on the forums here, and I've seen so many people saying "Fix the crappy anti-cheat!" "There's too many hackers fix your server!" but this won't necessarily help a there and then situation. When you're in the skywars solo waiting lobby, saying "Player123 is hacking! Literally quit!" won't help get them banned. In fact, it will help them stay unpunished for longer. Saying that they are hacking makes it more likely they will toggle their hacks off, therefore a spectating staff member will not be able to catch them. The best thing to do if you're frustrated at the number of hackers is to record them and report them on forums. If you're too frustrated to do that, then I suggest taking a break from skywars to avoid getting yourself muted. Essentially, by letting out your frustration at hackers, the problem won't get solved. Simply avoid letting your anger out or take a break from playing if that's too hard. Not to worry, the Anticheat/Minigames revamp is coming soon anyway :))

Thanks,
    Nikki

iiSean and creeper7777777 like this.
  2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Certainly, the best way to get back at hackers is to record them and silently report them on the forums. Doing this, they will inevitably get banned eventually (assuming your evidence is valid). A lot of hackers on skywars are obnoxious, and only joined the server to hack, so they welcome the attention they get from hacking. Taking valid evidence and not telling the hacker about it will get them the punishment they're asking for. If you're getting annoyed with the hacker and you want them banned faster, you can say their name and what server they're on in the #support section of the mcc discord, or rejoin until the hacker isn't in the game. If it's a game like CTF where it isn't applicable to join many times, then just consider playing something else for a while.

3. Swinger

Swinger
    Although these are good tips, there's more you can do immediately to deal with hackers. Calling them out in SW lobbies is perfectly fine, and lets others in the game know that there's a hacker. They aren't going to stop just because someone called them out. The only problem is with telling staff members in-game or in lobby to ban those players. It should also be noted that pinging staff members on discord is a good immediate way to get the player in question banned.

There's also things you can do gameplay wise (although you should resign yourself to the fact that you're at a big disadvantage). You should be actively trying to find gaps on Skywars and Survival Games, as well as upgrading your weapon as much as possible. Always fight hackers with your back to something/away from the edge, and get them in a tight space if possible so it becomes a matter of who crits out who first rather than have them flying circles around you. Bow them. Hackers are annoying, yes, but not unbeatable.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.