"Thread Bumping"

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Greyhound, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Greyhound

Littermate
    I completely understand why Thread Bumping is a rule - however, if a post is in the top 3 or 4 most recent posts on a page regardless, it shouldn't be considered Thread Bumping. As far as the forum is concerned, it's clearly still "relevant" if it's one of the most recent things discussed. It is nobody's fault that the forums aren't as active as they used to be. Especially when it's in server suggestions. Why should a post being a few weeks old negate the fact that somebody has something to contribute?

I'd recommend some form of adjustment to what qualifies as a "bump" to a post. Much less deleting somebody's post if it genuinely contributes to the conversation. Does that make sense? This doesn't come from a place of anger, I just genuinely don't believe that the rule makes sense in these contexts and could likely be rewritten in a more effective way.

2. DarkBeastPro

DarkBeastPro
    I agree with this. I recently had gotten a warning point for thread bumping for a bad reason. Someone had bumped a thread and had made it the top post. A staff member that deleted forgot to move the post so from my view, it was top post yet being last talked in since September. Me (being and idiot) didn't see the date and assumed that of it was the top post, it was recent. I had later gotten a warning point for thread bumping. It took a while for me to discuss with the staff that issued me the warning to get many opinions as to say that I was not at fault as it was the top post. +1 from me as it would save much time as people who don't know anything would comment on a dead thread that is still the top post.

3. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    This rule is better fitting for an active server but ig some forums need to be deleted as they're just not active enough resulting in issues like this to occur.

puposaurus likes this.
  4. KingKottlewing

KingKottlewing
    I agree with this, the concept of thread bumping is "Bumping an older thread to the top" - taken from the rules. So if a thread is already at the top shouldn't commenting on it be fine? I think maybe the rule could be changed to have an exception for 14 days, i.e if it's in the top 3 most recent threads then there should be no punishment as the thread was already at the top.

EssentialsPlus and Greyhound like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.