Things to make the forum better

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Other, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Other

1. suggestions thread I didn’t see it so that would be nice.

2. Member tags
    - shows how active the member is “New member” “member” “well known member” it’s pretty easy to add since you’re using xeno forums or however you spell it it’s in the settings.

3. Make profiles more interactive add a side post on main forums for “Recent profile post” so people can see what ppl are saying on there profile.

2. Tiberius

xTiberius
    I think that the first and last two ideas are perfect, but the second one I feel wouldn't be as useful because I feel like they would make donator tags before they made "activity" tags. But good ideas!

3. Other

Most of those suggestions aren’t just for being useful also it make the forums more active I mean some people would stride for a well known member tag and xeno forums doesn’t work like that for the tags

4. Departition_

I've used to be on mc-market and mctrades and they also had this on the site, I think this would be a good addition to it. I've been on a lot forum sites that use xenforo and had this.

5. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey! a “suggestions”/“server ideas” topic has been mentioned/suggested before with the new forums, but i can see why they removed it. a lot of the suggestions got mixed from different subservers n’ such and then people were also posting their suggestions in the subserver topics on enjin.. i don’t think that’s exactly why it’s not a thing on this forums, but that’s my guess. — as for member tags, something similar to having a “donator” tag/banner on this forums has been suggested before. the problem with that is that i think staff would have to manually set it up/give out the rank, and collecting proof n’ such could take some time to set up as there’s a butt load of donators on this server. — your profile activity idea has also been suggested couple of times on the new forums, and i 100% agree with it. on enjin that was one of the reasons why i mostly checked it a lot. i think having an ‘activity page’ or whatever it’s called would be super nice.
    hope this addressed your points

have a good day
    ~puposaurus

6. Other

Examples - Not talking about donor tags just activity tags .-.
    Profile Post
    Activity Tags (In Forum Settings very easy to enable)
    Suggestions thread is self explanatory

7. puposaurus

puposaurus
    oh i’m sorry i completely read it wrong/scanned it. well i don’t think having ‘activity tags’ would be a good idea since them he xeferno has the “newest members” which shows the 9 most recent members who joined. and every player is automatically a ‘member’. as for “well known members” i feel that this can depend on what subserver you’re talking about n’ such. for example, if you were to talk about prison1 and says ‘OlliTheKing’ almost everyone would know who you’re talking about, but if you were to say that name in skyblock they most likely wouldn’t know who that is. so like being able to measure that would be kinda tricky. and overall, i don’t see a necessary reason to add these types of tags

8. Other

its fourm based. it changes based off of how many messages you send on the forums

9. Yeho

Yehooo
    I agree with these three, however, let me add on to these three points.

1. If a suggestion needs to be sent ASAP, you could use the "Community Ticket" page, as listed at the bottom of the page.
    [​IMG]

2. I love this idea. It is implemented in every Minecraft forum using XenForo I've seen. In addition, I'd also like Donator Tags being implemented, that would be super cool, and another reason to donate to the server!

3. Yes. Yes! As I've said in 2, every server using XenForo has this.

10. puposaurus

puposaurus
    ‘aight so if your tags are based off of how many messages are sent, there's a notable members page you can view which shows users with the most forums posts.
    which you can see by clicking here

11. Ankh

Ankh
    1) From what I've heart they're planning to add one, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

2) I Can agree that it would be nice to have some custom forum tags, would give people something to work towards and encourage activity on the forums. Unfortunately this would also encourage useless posting just to gain post count. As much as I'd like to see it myself, I'm not sure if this will ever get added.

3) Here's a little XenForo trade secret; It seems they removed the link in the forums page to this, but you can view the latest profile posts at This Page :wink: (it also has latest posts as well, or can just use this link.)

12. Dog7000

Actually that would just lead to people making useless posts instead of quality posts that contribute to the community. There are people that do that now already to have the most posts / likes. In my opinion, that tab should be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.