Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

there should be a rejoin option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olut, Apr 8, 2020.

1. olut

its annoying when i lose connection and i realized i just wasted my time in a game that i got no credits for. i wish i could do /rejoin!

2. DrBrando

DrBrando
    Hey there,

I think that /rejoin could be pretty handy for games where people can respawn but if we add /rejoin then people in games like Skywars and SG could just log when they see trouble coming their way and then join back.
    I know I personally don't want people to log while I'm chasing them down and I think it would be annoying.

Implementing /rejoin to games such as cakewars (Where there are player respawns) would be pretty awesome. I would just have it so that if you /rejoin it autokills you and you have to respawn to avoid abusing the feature.

I have personally lost connections to games too many times to count and I definitely feel your frustration when you are playing with friends and then your connection dips, but it will be tricky to implement this feature in most games without abuse.

#2 DrBrando, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  3. _Noxid

_Noxid
    UHC already has a /rejoin feature

mxbel likes this.
  4. _Noxid

_Noxid
    Hi. So I see where you are coming from, and I agree it is annoying and I wish it was a thing, and I agree with the games where you could respawn. Cake wars is probably the best option for that, and maybe CTF. Maybe with Speed Walls you could /rejoin, but when the walls fall you spectate when you join. I agree with this being a feature in the game, and hopefully it comes. +1

5. Stolsiee

Stolsieee
    Rejoin is a good idea but as many people say the command can be abused

6. DrBrando

DrBrando
    Oh, thanks! It has been a while since I have played UHC and I actually hadn't had to rejoin a match on it. I usually get dc'd on CTF. I edited my original statement =)

_Noxid likes this.
  7. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I totally agree with the idea of /rejoin or a similar command being added. I mentioned this in my Minigames revamp post as well, which you can check out here. The only thing, we'd definitely need to make it hard to abuse (for ex. if your cake was destroyed you can't respawn, command can't be spammed, etc). +1

mxbel likes this.
  8. Spud

Rejoin would be super handy for times that you crash or lag out. The only issue I could see is that MCC mini games are already so quick that if your game crashed it would probably be over before you could even rejoin!

9. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    A rejoin command would be great as just I yesterday DC'd on a match of UHC and thankfully an example of this idea has already been implemented! But like some have mentioned, it will be abused if not tinkered with; I say that rejoin should be enabled on minigames that allow respawn and then you keep playing. While rejoin on minigames that don't allow respawn just puts you back into the spectator mode - To my knowledge the server can't tell the difference whether you chose to leave or rather you got disconnected due to a server problem, and therefore regrettably I feel it'll be safer to just put them into a spectator mode to avoid combat loggers. Just my opinion but certainly a +1 !
    - Elecctricc

10. Sparky

SparkyDawg
    Hey Olut!
    This would be pretty useful sometimes. I would agree when wifi goes out or something you would want to get back in quick! But, this leaves way too much lean room. If you were about to die in a game of survival games or sky wars you could just leave and then join back a second or two later and be safe from death. This would be pretty unfair. There is a hack for hackers that makes you leave game just before you die (Pretty sure the is for the older versions so that you would not get the kill). This hack would be used more often when a hacker killed a few people and is on the verge of death. Although this was an interesting idea I do not see this working.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    - Cxltic_Warrior

11. Pxrge

Pxrge
    I said this before in a previous post and I'll say it again. To resolve the issue as a whole MCC could add the /rejoin button and if the player gets disconnected, then their body becomes a zombie for the time being until they /rejoin. This won't allow the player to abuse /rejoin as the zombie will be vulnerable for other players to kill and it will drop the loot the player had if someone kills it. This should apply to all mini games and it would be a very neat system.
    Hope you all have a nice day!
    - Pxrge

12. Stolsiee

Stolsieee
    I agree with this, there should be a rejoin option for minigames as sometimes it's nice to go back but only as a spectator otherwise the command would be abused

Great forum post!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.