The Public vs The Hackers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WolfgangLP, Aug 17, 2019.

?

Should they add /ban?

1. No

75.0%
  2. Yes

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfgangLP

WolfgangLP
    I had an idea to decrease the amount of hackers. My idea is as follows; Allow players to use /ban so we can ban hackers. This will greatly decrease the amount of hackers and take alot of the load off the mods going through all the reports. We could easily have all the hackers banned in no time with the community workings as one. Be sure to answer the poll on this if it should be added

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    ummm. hi >.<
    lemme start you off with a quick HELL NO.
    adding a “/ban” for the public/normal players to use can ezpz get abused. as there are many hackers on this server, there are also a lot of players who don’t necessarily know how to detect hacks... more specifically in kitpvp and arena pvp. they could just ban a player becuase they died.
    i really don’t think there is much to say about this idea...
    overall, this is a bigg “no-no” // -1

if i didn’t explain something clearly, or you want me to go into more detail, i’d be glad to make another response to this!

~puposaurus

EDIT.. since i forgot to include this o.O
    if you come across a hacker, record n’ report them (here) so a staff member can deal with it... sinceist staff members are trained/can actually detect hacks and WOULDNt *eVER* BAN becAUSE THey’re BiASED :)

3. Kane

Kane
    I disagree with that. Players will start abusing it and you will see people getting falsely banned left and right. This is exactly why the server has staff member (in order for them to enforce the rules and help players). Not only that, who would then respond to appeals? What would be the staff members job after adding /ban for anyone to use? It’s not as easy as you think. You have to look at it from multiple perspective. Yes, hackers will be banned, but also innocent players will be banned. Sorry, but I don’t see this idea being added.

puposaurus likes this.
  4. cxpe

cxpe
    Hey WolfgangLP,

I don't know if this is a satire post or not but that idea would not end up well. First of all the amount of false bans and issues that would come with this command being added would be too much. Like puposaurus said it would be way too easy to abuse it and people may not be able to identify hacks.

We are all aware with the huge wave of hackers on MCC right now and we are trying our very best to tackle it. If you do find a hacker, you can record them and report them on the forums OR you can go join the MCC community discord and ping a staff member from there.

Have a good day!

Cxpe

5. I think "No" but even if I say no and other people staff / Owners would also say no to this!
    Before I start explaining why /ban should't be added for players, I want to say something about staff team.

Mods+ has job and owns permission to ban hackers, again theres only around 30+ staff that can ban people, and its pretty hard for them to always ban cheaters as they also own their life, etc. I also know that many people are upset about the amount of hackers that had spawned on MCC for the recent month, the best thing you "as a member" can do is: Record the cheater, place the proof at "report page" or Dm the video to staff!
    Link to report a player: https://mccentral.org/community/forms/report-players.2/respond

Why this should't be added: It's very dangerous to give "Ban" permission to un-trusted people and to people that are not experts knowing wether a person is hacking or not.
    At the same time MCC uses "/punish" not "/ban or /mute"
    Even if we gave people this permission there would obviously be people that would abuse this "ban", they can just simply ban off people that they hate and say there where hacking, many people would always get false banned without any proof at all, and hackers would no longer be the problem, the abusers would be the new big one!
    So in conclusion if you "anyone" want to help staff to ban hackers, the best thing you can do is "record" or you may apply to become a staff member, because only staff members are trusted to own "ban permission" even helpers doesn't owns this permission, because during their helper trail, they gain trust + learn how to correctly ban a hacker not an innocent person that was lagging or wasn't hacking at all.

6. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

I don't know if this is a troll thread or not, but if it is, please don't.

If you were serious about this, I can already say No, never going to happen and I'm 100% sure I don't need to list the reasons

seekingattention likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.