The definitive guide to getting started (SEASON 7.0)

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by 68i, Nov 10, 2019.

?

Was this guide helpful?

1. Yeah!

2. No...

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 68i

68i

68i
    Hello!

My name is Max, more commonly known as 68i or Maximoo, and today I bring to you, the definitive guide to getting started on Survival, Season 7.

Before I begin, I will briefly introduce myself. I'm 14 and was born in Britain, but I currently live in Spain. I've played Minecraft central for over 3 years now, I started playing in the summer of 2016, and because of this, I have gained a lot of knowledge about the various sub-servers, members and most importantly, techniques to succeed. I want to share with you all, the best ways to succeed, and the ways you probably won't succeed.

GETTING STARTED THE RIGHT WAY
    In this thread, I will go over the best ways and methods to ensure your success on the server. I will cover various things to remember, and expert tips on how to pull them off. So without further ado, I present to you, how to get started...

YOUR FIRST 5 MINUTES
    When you first join the survival sub-server, you will placed in the spawn area with a set of iron and leather armour, some basic tools, some food and a sword. Depending on how you want to go about your survival season, this may be, or may not be sufficient, atleast for the time being. If you're like me, and prefer to stay out of harms way, this gear will be sufficient, but I recommend investing your starting money ($250) on a faster axe. You can buy a faster axe from the auction house by typing /ah or by going to the spawn (/spawn) and right-clicking the NPC labelled 'Auction House' By getting a quicker axe, it will definitely speed up your next steps.

YOUR FIRST HOUR
    Ok, so now with your diamond axe, hopefully with a few enchants, you will teleport to the resource world. This can be done by typing /warp fb. You will want to venture out to the nearest intact forest, avoiding any holes or monsters on the way. Once here, you want to spend at least half an hour to an hour just chopping down trees (Please make sure to replant the sapling so other people get the same experience.) Each oak log can be sold for $30 to the server shop (/shop), making the investment to a better axe pay for itself within a minute. Using an unenchanted diamond axe, I was able to gather 61 oak logs in a minute, almost exactly 1 log every second. This means that you will be earning about $30 every second, or about $1,900 per minute. I don't advise selling every single log you get as they will be very useful in the future. I recommend keeping at least 2 stacks of logs.

BUILDING YOUR PLOT
    With the release of season 7, there was a pretty major change to the plots system. Now instead of getting given a completely flat and barren plot, your plot will now come with trees, pumpkins, grass and lots of flowers. To get a plot, type /plot auto (or /p a if you're in a hurry). On your plot, you are free to build whatever you want, so long as it isn't offensive to other players or racist/inappropriate. If you ever teleport away from your plot and want to get back quickly, type /p h. One thing you'll want to do straight away is turn some of those logs into chests and a crafting table, of course. I also recommend gathering some stone from your plot and making a furnace.

Plots are incredibly useful, and can be utilized in a huge array of ways. They can become shops, fishing spots, mini-games, farms or even just a good looking build. One thing I recommend building quickly on your plot is a chestshop. I will leave a link to a separate tutorial on how to build an effective, profitable shop on your plot.

FARMING
    If you're willing to put in the work to build, maintain and harvest a farm, then that's great! They are sources of money that allow you to do other things while you wait, a passive income. The best crop at the time of writing this guide is pumpkins. One pumpkin sells for $11, making considerably less profit than harvesting wood, but only needing a fraction of the effort. I advise planting at least 30 pumpkin plants and harvesting them once every 5 - 10 minutes. Pumpkins are also a great crop as you are given a handful of them when you create your plot, meaning you don't have to invest any money buying the seeds, unlike melons.

THE REST OF YOUR SEASON
    This is as far as I will guide you as I don't want to dictate your entire survival experience. Survival is meant to give players freedom of choice. If you frequently harvest your farm and build an effective shop, you will be well on your way to the top, and will have definitely had a positive start on the server. If you are interested in more guides on survival, please checkout my guide on making money. It has helped many players out, and I highly recommend you give it a read!

If you are reading this guide later on in the season, and doubting joining because it's too late, remember, it's never too late to begin. There will always be players willing to help you out and bring you up to speed with everything.

Thank you so much for reading, and remember, if this guide helped you out at all, please consider leaving a like. If you have any further question, don't be afraid to reply to this thread, I will respond to everyone!

Thanks again and have a nice day / night!

2. iluvu

Can't vote on the guide as I am not yet a survival player but as I have been looking into getting started on the sub I am very appreciative of this!

68i likes this.
  3. 68i

68i

68i
    Glad I could help out. If you have any questions, let me know! :)

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.