The Anticheat (BAC and the server)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inj3ction, Aug 17, 2019.

?

Should MCC integrate Badlion Anti-Cheat.

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inj3ction

refundpriority
    Before you read, hear me out. This isn't a rant about the AC, it's a suggestion that I also wanted to get community feedback on.

I think MCC should integrate BAC. The plugin is completely free, and for the players they only need to install a simple client, which takes 3 clicks.
    I think the hacker issue has gone too far. I understand they are working as hard as possible on MCCAC. But, it seems like we need a more advanced solution.
    Please leave your feedback and vote in the poll.

Note to Staff: Please don't close this, this isn't a rant. I just want feedback, as I haven't heard this much before (BAC integration)​

Dog7000 likes this.
  2. Josh

Most people don't use badlion or know how to install it, and badlion doesn't stop hackers.

3. Departition_

If you meant “GCHEAT” which was badlion’s anticheat before they shutdown, it’s a bit outdated since it’s technically discontinued and doesn’t get anymore updates, or if you are just talking about making the server only support BLC this wouldn’t really help, I cannot agree with this I at least need to know more information included in your post.

4. Departition_

Anther thing I would like to say is that would the server have any rights to use this?

5. Inj3ction

refundpriority
    I'm talking about Badlion Client's anti-cheat integration w/ servers. And, @Josh it does stop most basic hacks, you can still inject vape lite into it and a few other paid clients, but it will curb cheaters significantly. And, it's easy to install badlion (Download and run the .exe)

Dog7000 likes this.
  6. Departition_

This would not help, also I don’t think BLC supports later versions so we would lose a lot of players, Also there’s a lot of blatant clients that inject into BLC, I’ve used vape lite on BLC in the past because I used to use it on this server, I have also been told that Vape v3 will later inject into BLC in the future which is a blatant client. it’s not really that hard to make a c++ client that injects into BLC it’s pretty easy to bypass, you can still cheat such as autoclicking or using clients like drip or vape etc. Drip also has some blatant features but last time I used vape lite it didn’t. Not any servers that ik use this so idk if this even a thing where you can make a server BLC required, I am also sure if a lot of people wouldn’t be happy with this being added.

#6 Departition_, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  7. Departition_

Sorry if I misspelled some things

8. Departition_

There is even free clients that can bypass BLC, BLC is one of the most targeted clients for devs to make bypasses for. I’ve only known a few servers that used something similar to this for their server, also this server is not really a huge “pvp” based server so going into the advanced client sided anticheat stuff is unnecessary for a server like this, I think we should stick to the server sided ones for now.

#8 Departition_, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  9. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I hate the idea of using Badlion, simply because I already use an external modification. If I was forced to use BLC simply because MCC demanded I use it, I would honestly quit. The thing is, I am perfectly fine with reporting players, and going out of my way to help the server and community when needed, as long as it doesn't affect my gameplay or enjoyment of the game. Using BLC would highly affect my gameplay; I have so many important mods I use, and to remove those would negatively impact my gameplay. I know that many other people feel the same way about not wanting to modify their gameplay for the sake of the server, and I find that perfectly reasonable. It is for this reason that I vote against the implementation of BAC/BLC.

10. Nxgget

kreamykhummies
    I don't think this is a good idea at all, the owner of the server is already working on a anticheat system and it should be implemented within a few months. yes we have to wait awhile but for now we just have to be patient and continue to record and report hackers.

Thanks for reading, Nxgget.

11. Flirtin

Just buy badlions server sided anticheat which doesn’t mean you must play on blc.

12. Departition_

If you’re talking about GCHEAT then I don’t think Badlion will even sell it.

13. Flirtin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.