Tags

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Ellaolivia3, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Ellaolivia3

Long story short I got in a conversation with some other players and we all thought it would be a fun idea to add LGBTQ+ tags to the game. There would, of course, be an ally tag for those who aren't in the community but want to show support. I came up with some fun designs for tags, as well, and thought they might be a fun addition to the server
    Essentially they would be purchasable, but all LGBTQ+ tags would cost about the same. If it's only the Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, and Transgender flags that you all would put up, I'd suggest adding a general LGBTQ+ tag for the rest who don't fit into that category to make it easier on yourselves and the players.
    The reason I come with this idea is a result of the homophobia I've seen around this server, and I didn't think it would be so tolerable that they wouldn't even get a mute warning for it. I have no proof so I can't name names, but there are still people out there invalidating nonbinary and trans and even the LGBTQ+ community in general. I didn't think it was that tolerable, but maybe I'm biased as I am in the community myself. No clue.

2. Haylos

Haylos
    Im not against this idea, but it would still be unnecessary to implement this into the game, I personally dont think that bringing this into the game would help, I was in the server at the moment you were talking about it and it caused a lot of controversy to a lot of players, in my opinion this would only bring arguments to the chat plus it would increment the players that commit racial slurs or discrimination. As I said, im not against the movement but I dont see a why we should add this to the game.

3. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Hey jello

I think this sentence sums it up nicely:
    It’s a block game.

All this is going to do is cause controversy and divide mcc. It’s completely unnecessary and I 100% promise you this is never going to be added. This is a minecraft server, not a gay pride group chat. I’m all for homosexuality, but for goodness sakes, does it matter if your straight or LGBTQ+? No one cares if your gay, no one cares if your trans, no one cares if your straight. We are here to play a block game and have fun. MCC doesn’t need to be a political left/right wing war ground.

- olo

RagingCloud, JoaoOssucci and guih like this.
  4. wiso01

Wiso01
    I agree with you. I find the idea quite good but I don’t think most of the community would agree with it. Dividing more and more players into different ranks, tags, etc will in my opinion just cause more hate in the chat. I honestly think it’s unnecessary because a really small minority of the LGBTQ + would buy it since it could cause hate against them.
    What do you think?

5. guih

guihzy
    I feel like the idea of the tag would make the situation even worse, as people who tend to discriminate members of the LGBTQ+ community would find it even easier to find out whether someone is part of the community or not, even tho your idea does sound cool.

olo_YT and wiso01 like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.