Survival's Socioeconomic Issue :woozy:

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by puposaurus, Dec 28, 2021.

1. puposaurus

puposaurus
    Hello friends... and you survival nerds too ig :/

I witring this post because I feel there is an issue in survival... well there's a lot, but one in particular that I want to touch bases on (like in baseball!)

but first, a quick mnessage from my sponsor: /warp allmart this is such an amazeball shop. I personally love it because they gave me free access to Nate's OF (optifine). buy here! /warp market is okay, this is where i go when allmart is outa stock!!

Which gives me a good transition to my first point: There is a lack of variety in shops (to dumb those words down: theres like 3 shops total in the whole sub). "Why is this bad?" this is bad because it's lowkey maiking a monopoly of shops that allows shop owners to artificicially & exponentially(really high high high) raise the prices of their stuff when the survival eco is already in the gutter due to the lack of playuers. which leads to newer players or even players who dont want to exploit their credit cards on keys to not be able to fulfill basic life needs or even discourage them. few counters: (1) althohg these shops are not owned by the same people, it's quite prominent which ones are more popular than others which leads to (2) the less popular ones are practically just some charity no one knosws about.. also (3) although the sub is already few months in, super new players are starting from 0 while rest of playerfs have gotten beefed up, i feel that survival should be a sub that allows players to easily climb the baltop/econmic/friencshop/reainbows/statstop ladder without maxing their creditcards on keys or without participating in sketchy stuff (xraying <3).. and with shops putting players at such a disadvnataghe its kinda sucky yk.
    [​IMG]

rename scrolls... lavacraft? don't know her, she's now mc central #1 minigames server. There is a huge amount of rename scrolls that have made them worthless causing a hyper inflation. you know what i have to say about inflation? use helium, your mouth water in the balloons cause global warming.. i dont want it....
    you know what also is bad about inflation.. lemme point you a picture.. germany.. germany last time they had hyper inflation to show the seroousnesd of the situation (dont ask, this is copy paste from someone).... let me paint you a different picture..
    [​IMG]

OH MY GOODNESS!! where are my manners? I have not explained to you what sociioeconomics is.. so google just told me that it is "relating to or concerned with the interaction of social and economic factors.".. here's an mcc example... I am concerned about the interactions, rather lack there of, between survival playuers and the subserver... theres barely any players. within the first week, the tab list decreased faster than horace altman being shit on for breathing.. due to these very few interactions, the eco is muy mal. tengo triste. although, the eco has been a little wacky for many seasons.. actgually since it was every first introduced in season3... but removing it is clearly not thr right answers, becvause eco gives players incentives to grind. i think a better balance needs to be proposed (balance within gameplay, but also witht he community)...

I digress.

Nether. there's already a post floating around about this topic but lowkey.. there's a limit on netherite, and because of it's gonna skyrocket in prices... suuplly and demand baby.… but not rly bc thr economy fucked. The scarcity of netherite in survival is so crazy crazy yo! I think a solution to this would to be to expand the boarder or reset the fb WITH seed changes. Without seed changes, here's whats going to happen (i know, because it's been happening since sdeason5 <side note: maybe earl;ier than season5, but season5 is when i started this sshenanigans>): people are going to set homes or write coords to where netherite is located,. and set homes/mine to it and have an easy way to collect it without even searching/wasting their own time which full on defeats the purpose of survival. one thing i like about this season is that there's actual incentive to make players explore/adventure the resource world becausae its not same old seeds/items they can just farm. or in my case last sewason, grnd for emeralds and make emerald city
    bad example, but look at this chump. he's selling this netherite shovel for what's considered cheap... for a shoevel... despite it havinbg amazeball enchants and the fact that it's netherite, in survival community it's cheap
    [​IMG]
    weird anwyays.

stan loona

another is pandas. i love pandas. you know what i dont like. pesky strangers feeding my pandas. they are on a strict VEGAN Diet. and feeding them cakes goes agaistnt my PETA beliefs. i beleive that if a pet/animal is on your claim non trusted people should be abole to breed/feed them.
    here is an image of animal endangerment >:(
    [​IMG]

thank you folkskeies for reading! would love to hear feedback, but no grammar critisicsm, im from ohio.
    have a lovely jubbly day <3

2. Merowian

Merowian
    I heavily agree with this, especially the part about chocolate pasta.

puposaurus likes this.
  3. iiSean

iiSean_
    good points, well said

change your signature

puposaurus likes this.
  4. CatBoyFable

fablesoul
    hello lovely people of mcc,
    this is, once again, another lovely post by pupo. i applaud the analogies, sophistication, and down right truthfulness of this analysis.
    it’s been a while since playing mcc; however, i can agree that survival is in worst shape than before. the economic aspect is royally fucked, as mentioned here.
    also, thank you for shouting out AllMart - one of the greats. although retired, AllMart will forever be a sanctuary of mcc.

i hope that with some more ingenuity and a whole lotta luck, survival can be the place we all used to know and love.
    much thanks,
    fable.

puposaurus likes this.
  5. abbs

Abbskababs
    Idk if this would help but perhaps they could try having a community shop (like /shop on other subservers) that the players could buy / sell at. The players would have to sell too it to stock up the items and then players would be able to buy things. It would make is so there is not infinite supply of any one item because the player base would be the ones keeping it stocked.

puposaurus likes this.
  6. puposaurus

puposaurus
    survival has had a shop from season3 to season 7. i dont remmeber when buy shop was removed.. but towards end of the shop era, it was only selling. we're runing 2 seasons already without shops.. and it's for a good reason. shops all around hurt the economy more than helped the economy. which is why jobs were introduced in season8, replacing the need for sell shops.

in season3 when shops were first introduced, so were spawners.. the shops alllowed for both selling and buying. the selling was alright (sorta) because you'd put so much money into spawners. however, this quickly backfired because the eco grew exponentially with spawners and profit shops, making the eco too similar to skyblock and prison (at the time). they kept spawners for a few more seasons.. i think it season season5 when they finally removed them...
    in season 5, shops were still buy and sell. the buying was nice in some aspects that it gave money back to the eco (it wasn't just circulating w/i players which happens later on), but at same time. it took away from the "survival aspect" where players should adventure, mine, all that good stuff. it also made farming and fishing the meta of the subserver. it was the best way to grinf and sweat for baltop.
    season6 kinda a blur...
    season 7. the shops were only sell. they did introduce headshop which was their attempt to put money back into the eco, but players rarely bought heads. and the ones who did bought them early in the sedason, and then called it a day. the headshop was good in theory, but with a head liomit, it was also kinda contradicting itself. this was the season (imo) most known for money just circulating throughout the players. essentially, infinite money from the server (shops, keys, quests) was all going to the players. and little money was given back to the server (the only ways were coinflip tax, and heads). in a way, this causded problems because peo0ple were essentialy getting infinitely rich with shops and keys and other types of rewards that the server gave (voting, boss, envoys, etc.)
    season8 was introduction of jobs which was a good way for money to go back into the server. i'm not gonna nag about jobs here, not the right placce. the eco side of jobs was nicely done. :)

as for this season with the removal of plots, and fb resetting less (yay!). yes, materials are not infinite anymore. in previkous seasons, they kinda were. y ou could set home at same ship in end, and get elytras and dragon heads for as many days as the season was up. this season, the end and nether dont reset daily/at all. so elytrras, netherite, etc are a lot more limited. in a way its good for the eco, ebcauase it makes it more competitive. but also, since survival is such a small sub (in comparison to prison and sb), that competition does more harm than good.. having a buy shop for these materials, i feel would take awayu freom the survivaly ness of it (grinding and searching). having an infinite supply of something that's a limited resource sounds kinda silly for a subserver where you're expected to explore and grind for your things.

tl;dr - shops would not work imo. they were removed for a reason.

abbs likes this.
  7. Ryan Gersh

_RyanG
    I very much like this idea, however I am not exactly sure what you mean by “sub-servers” in this context

8. Goooofyyy

Goooofyyy
    Hello,

I myself do not play survival that much, however after reading these issues/ideas, I agree with basically all of the statements u have said.

Also, the inflation of prices seem even high to me, and as for the rare minerals such as Netherite, as u said will go up exponentially as time goes on, this is obviously going to be an issue for new players, as well as concurrent players.
    As for the suggestions u gave to counter this issue, I do agree with them however, I also believe there is a better way to solve it.

puposaurus likes this.
  9. abbs

Abbskababs
    Prison, Sky block etc are sub servers.

Goooofyyy likes this.
  10. Ryan Gersh

_RyanG
    Got it, I thought so just wanted to make sure, well then I am all for this idea then, I think it looks great!

abbs likes this.
  11. aisuru

Aisurr
    I do agree with many of the points you have stated it is true that the economy doesn't work very well especially for the new players and there are solutions that could be put in place however i uhm i have no idea those reasons so ill leave that up to u <3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

puposaurus likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.