Survival Season 8.0 | Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by AZXG, Jun 29, 2020.

1. AZXG

AZXG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It’s hard to believe Survival 7.0 is already almost eight months old. Time flies! It’s time for another reset and a new season to come, so I’m making a Mega Thread.

With the 1.12 update introduced in season 7.0 and the new changes and ideas suggested by the community, Season 8.0 will definitely be a season to look forward to!

• More Focus on the Resources Worlds
    • Better Economy
    • Better PvP
    • More Ways to Play
    • More Things to Do

This mega thread is a detailed list of changes and new features suggested by the Survival community (including myself) that I believe could or should be added for Survival season 8.0.

If you have more ideas or would like to add to or change some of the suggestions listed here, please leave a comment. Feedbacks from the community is always helpful!

Below is a list of the ideas and suggestions. Please note that they are suggestions and it is up to the Owners and the Admin Team to determine what changes will be implemented in the new season.

More Focus on the Resources Worlds
    Resources worlds are one of the key features that makes Survival unique. Under the current economy, the resources worlds didn’t get the attention they deserve since fishing is the fastest and safest way to make money, which can be easily done on the plot. Now it’s time to introduce changes and bring the attention back to the resources worlds. Encouraging the explorations in and interactions with the resources world will make the gameplay more interesting and set it apart from the experience on other servers.

Making mob drops sellable to /shop.
    This gives motivations to find spawners and to make mob farms in the resources world. This encourages exploration and competition since the same spawner can be found by multiple people, and mob farms can be found by others too if they aren’t hidden.

Price Suggestion:
    Blaze rod: 60, String: 10, Spider eye: 20, Bone: 10, Arrow: 10, Rotten flesh: 10. (Spawner mobs)
    Raw steak: 50, Leather: 50, Raw porkchop: 50, Raw mutton:50, Wool:15, Raw rabbit: 50, Rabbit hide: 50, Rabbit foot: 200, Raw chicken: 10, feather: 5, egg: 1.5 (chickens can be farmed on plots so the prices should be much lower.)

Increase the selling price of ores.
    The price for all ores except for diamond and emerald should be doubled (Nether Quartz 56, Coal 20, Iron 80, Redstone 100, Gold 120, Lapis 120, Diamond 400, Emerald 1000). The current prices (Nether Quartz 28, Coal 10, Iron 40, Redstone 50, Gold 60, Lapis 60, Diamond 400, Emerald 1000) are low for most ores which makes mining less profitable than other fishing or farming even though it requires more skill. The new price better reflects the difficulty of getting ores, which requires finding caves, mining skills, and, in many cases, silk touch tools.

Reduce fishing profit
    The prices of all types of fishes should be reduced to a third
    (Cod: 100, Salmon 270, Pufferfish 500, Tropical Fish 3330) of the current price (Cod 300, Salmon 800, Pufferfish 1500, Tropical Fish 10k). The current price for fish is the same as season 6, but season 6 had purchasable spawners. After the removal of spawners, the speed of money making by fishing is too fast compared to all the other ways and it is basically impossible to not fish and still not fall behind. Fishing also doesn’t require any set up or purchase of tools, since it’s possible to get the best rod possible from fishing. Because of that, the price of fish should be reduced.

Reduce farming profit (Or keep the profit as it is)
    The prices for crops should be reduced as well, since farming is a very safe way to make money.

Price suggestion: Carrot: 1, Potato: 1, Wheat: 3, Nether Wart: 0.7, Pumpkin: 9, Melon: 1.6, Sugarcane: 1.5, Cocoa bean: 0.7.
    (Current Price: Carrot: 1.13, Potato: 1.13, Wheat: 3.5, Nether Wart: 0.8, Pumpkin: 11, Melon: 2, Sugarcane: 2.1, Cocoa bean: 0.75.)
    Beetroots should be sellable to shop at 1 each. Chorus fruits should be sellable to /shop at 5 each.

Harvest Hoes should be able to replant beetroots. Farming with a Harvest Hoe on a large farm should make at least slightly more money than fishing, since Harvest Hoes can only be obtained from treasure keys, and building large farms takes time, effort, and space.

Resources World Seed Change
    The map seed for all resources worlds should change once every month.
    Currently, the seed of the overworld changes once every two weeks, and many members of the community think it’s too often. One month will allow more exploration of the overworld and better use of what the world has to offer. On the other hand, changing the seed of the end will motivate people to keep exploring the end trying to find more end cities instead of visiting the same ones they found early in the season. This will also reduce the amount of elytras in the community, which makes them more precious and also makes Mending enchantment more useful.

More Motivations for Dragon Fights
    Dragon fights are unique to Survival and they are like “mini-events” since they happen near the spawn of the end world. It takes a long time to grind for the end crystals, so dragon fights should be profitable. Making dragon fights profitable will also make them happen more often, which brings the community something interesting to do from time to time.

Dragon Eggs can only be picked up by a player if they have placed down at least one of the 4 end crystals.

All players will receive 1000 as long as they have dealt damage to the dragon. (Change to: Players will receive money based on the amount/percentage of damage they have dealt to the dragon.)

Dragon breath can be sold to /shop at 400 per bottle. (The price is not high, since one dragon needs four crystals which need 4 ghast tears. Ghasts tears are very hard to get without /fly. The average price for a ghast tear is around 100k.)

*Add an option to trade a dragon egg for a creeper spawner (Note: gun powder can’t be sold to /shop. Also, the plot mob limit still applies so it won’t spawn anything if there are too many mobs on a plot.) This can encourage dragon fights and bring more fireworks to the community.

New /dragon top shows players who have fought the highest number of dragons/dealt the highest amount of damage to dragons/spawned the highest number of dragons.

Add armor stand pedestals displaying top players in dragon stats.

Better Economy
    One of the issues season 7 and season 6 had was that there weren’t enough ways to spend money. Adding more ways to spend money will improve the economy in season 8.

Purchasable Plot Limits and Customizations
    Purchasable plot biome change 10k each time (It’s rarely used so it should charge more.)

Purchasable plot name change (10k first time, 20k second time, 40k third time, etc.), so players can work for the plot name they want, instead of trying to win a competition of claiming names as early as possible.

Purchasable plot beacon limit: 10k for 1 beacon, 20k for 2 beacons, 40k for 3 beacons, 80k for 4 beacons, etc.

Purchasable plot heads limit: 20k for every 5 heads.

Purchasable plot holoskulls limit: 20k for each holoskull.

Purchasable chestshop limit: 1000 for every 5 buying/selling signs.

Purchasable mob limit: 10k for first 5 mobs, 20k for the next 5, 40k for the next 5, etc. Up to 25 mobs per plot.

Purchasable Spawn Eggs (NOTE: Mobs can't be bred on plots)
    Add purchasable mob spawn eggs to /shop. They provide nice ways to get pets on plots. Price should be 100k each minimum so plot pets remain relatively rare and special. Pets should take time and effort to get. There should also be a limit on how many spawn eggs a player can buy in total, maybe 10.

Purchasable Advertising Slots
    Add a new page of /shop showing player owned shops. These slots can be rented at an hourly cost of 50 per hour.

Items Purchasable from /shop
    Adding purchasable items to /shop to help and encourage overworld exploration and PvP. The price of items should be relatively high so people will try to obtain them in vanilla ways or through trading instead of considering buying them from /shop as the first or the best option.

Add Enchanted Golden Apples to /shop at 20k each.

Add fireworks to /shop at 20k per stack

Add ender pearls to /shop at 200 each.

1.8 PvP
    There have been lots of suggestions of changing the PvP from 1.12 to 1.8 from the community. Even those who PvPs a lot during this season don’t seem to enjoy 1.12 PvP. Some ideas are:

Changing the PvP on the entire server to 1.8 PvP (lag seems to be a concern)
    OR
    Making the PvP Arena similar to the current /duel arena, which is on 1.8, and leave the other parts of the server unchanged
    (but with the inventory and armors carried instead of the default kits)

Adjusted Quests
    Different from money which requires grinding farms and selling items, quest points reflect another aspect of the gameplay: persistence. Quest tops should be given more recognition so it encourages more players to get on and do quests on a daily basis.

Add armor stand pedestals displaying top players in quest points.

Adjusting quest rewards and difficulties
    Daily
    quests should be easy to do with less reward (1.5k each instead of 2k each. 1 quest point each). Some good options are:
    • Collecting a small amount (10-50) of items (easy to obtain) in inventory
    • Eating a small amount of food (5-20) (easy to obtain)
    • Placing down a type of block for a number of times (2-7)
    • Harvest a small amount of crops (50-100)

Weekly quests should be more difficult than daily quests but are not very hard to do (15k each, 5 quest points each)
    • Crafting a certain amount (45-150) of items
    • Catching a certain amount (45-150) of fish
    • Killing a certain amount (45-150) of mobs
    • Destroying a certain number (200-700) of blocks
    • Taming mobs for a certain number (15-50) of times
    • Trading with villagers for a certain number of times (30-100)

Monthly quests should be challenging and time consuming with a relatively high reward (60k each, 15 quest points). Some good options are:
    • Fishing up lots (70-200) of trash
    • Enchanting lots (70-200) of items
    • Eating lots (70-200) of valuable or rare food (like golden apple, cooked fish)
    • Getting many (20-50) kills in PvP
    • Breeding mobs many (70-200) times
    • *Destroying spawners (20-50) times

New Achievement System
    Adding new Achievements server-wide and season wide which can serve as nice collectibles and tutorials. For example:
    • “Claiming a Plot”
    • “Visiting the Overworld”
    • “Obtaining an Elytra”
    • “Breeding a Mob”
    • “Killing the Ender Dragon”

New elytra event
    Similar to Boss Event, it happens in a separate arena with default kits for everyone. In the event, Everyone will be given an elytra and 2 stacks of rockets. There are floating islands containing treasure chests with points in them. The first to collect all points will be the winner of the event and will get event rewards.

Changes to Kits and Rank Abilities
    1.12 update introduced many new features so it's time to adjust some of the rank abilities.

An Ability for Bedrock rank or higher: Mending doesn’t cost XP

A new ability for emerald rank or higher (to compensate the loss of /fly in the resources world)

The ability to move quickly in water in the overworld
    Or
    A /heal command to remove all negative potion effects (Poison, Mining fatigue, etc.) which only works in resources world.
    Or
    The temporary potion effect command: Getting Speed II, Strength II, fire resistance, water breathing, and/or night vision for 30 seconds. This command can only be used once per 6 hours and only works in the resources world.

Kit Food
    5 mushroom stew every 10 minutes (Not stackable so people only use it for food instead of trying to save it up).

Better Starting Kit
    Add 2 stacks of ender pearls and a saddle to the starting kit so that people have more ways to travel farther in the resources worlds at the beginning of the game when elytras aren’t available.

Other Changes

Updated Tutorial
    An updated warp tutorial with detailed information on the gameplay. It should also clearly point out the resource worlds reset daily and are not good places to build a base in.

Disable auto fishing farms
    *Adding restrictions on how long people can keep fishing without moving around (at least pressing one of the arrow keys)

5% of the win will be taken away for all coin flips.
    Adding biggest /cf winners and losers

Adding Crop Top, Mob Top, Mining Top stats and commands

Increase the price of heads to 50k each instead of 25k.

That’s it for now, but we can always add more! If you have more ideas or would like to add to or change some of the suggestions listed here, please leave a comment. Feedbacks from the community is always helpful!
    (Format credits to KierenBoal)​

#1 AZXG, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. Daniel

CatBoyDaniel
    add /fly in /warp fb BACK!!!

3. huzunni

Fly would not be likely to be added back to the resource world because now that elytras are introduced on survival, it balanced out the game a little more for the other players without rank, as above stated, He had made suggestions to compensate the loss of /fly in the resources world therefore fly would most likely not come back for the next season.

pangf, AZXG and iiSean like this.
  4. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey AZXG!!

Great Thread! It's lovely to see new ideas for the server! Here are my opinions on your suggestions.

More Focus on Resource worlds.

Fair point with this. During the later part of this season, I didn't find the need to go to warp FB much. Player-owned shops were very helpful when I was building as well as I had lots of stuff in my chests. I didn't need to go mining, exploring, and other stuff that is general on Survival. Perhaps more of a mining economy could help, though not sure about that.

1a) Make the mob drops sellable.

This could be a pretty cool way to make some cash, as mob loot is hard to get. With Looting 3, you could probably get a fair amount of mob loot which I guess would make a new method for money.

1b) Increase the selling price of ores.

This would be great to encourage mining as a way to make money in my opinion, as players would go looking for cave and ravine systems across the overworld and perhaps even set homes or save coordinates. There is a chance this could encourage Xray however. This would also encourage players to try and find enchanted silk touch pickaxes in end cities or try and enchant there own.

1c) Nerf Fishing Profits.

I am a +1 to this for the reason being that this is not only the best way to make money at the moment but is so easy to set up. Take for example mining, you have to try and get a silk touch pickaxe, farming, you have to make a multi-layered farm and get a good axe and/or harvest hoe. But fishing is just so easy to set up. Step 1) Find 3 spiders and kill them. Step 2) Get 2 Oak Wood. Step 3) Craft a fishing rod. Very easy, very simple but so OP at the same time. The more effort you making money, the more you should earn.

1d) Reduce farming profits.

For me personally, I like the idea of farming as a good way to make money. I don't see anything wrong with it. However, your decrease suggestions aren't that significant and I guess it is fairly easy to set up so I guess not much harm would be done.

1e) Increase SeedTime.

Something I would really like to be added is a longer seed cycle. If you can only really play weekends if you have work/school, that's only 4 days to get to know that seed. I get that they don't want people revisiting the same temples, dungeons, rare biomes, etc every day but I still think this should be changed to 4 Weeks (28 days) on Saturdays/Sundays regular time. Also, you mentioned something about this will make elytra become less rare, currently, the end and the nether never changes seed. So I guess you are suggesting to make the other overworlds change seed as well. In this case, I think this is a reasonable idea, however, when you unlock elytra, it is so easy to find more. I only used one end city set home for like 5 months, but then I flew across the outer islands and found 5 other ships! Perhaps they make Overworld 4 weeks, End 2 weeks? Who knows.

More Motivation For the Ender Dragon

The ender dragon battle is quite unique to Survival and 4 ghast tears is a fair amount of grinding to do so you are most definitely right that the ender dragon grind should pay off. As for your suggestions on how to do this:

2a) All players who dealt damage to the dragon get $1000

I am on board with this but I think there should be more of a cash prize. $1000 really isn't that much considering how hard the dragon is to kill. I am thinking a bit like Season 5 boss battles where Every % gets $500. Example User1 deals 50% damage then User1 gets $25k. User2 Deals 20% then they get $10k. 6 others do 5% so they get $2500. I think this will really motivate people to kill the dragon and even just help out a bit whereas $1000 for one hit is kinda unfair to 45% damage also gets $1000.

2b) Dragon breath can be sold to /shop

I get where you are coming from, but -1. I feel people won't bother fighting dragon this way and just stay on the ground getting dragon breath. A stack of dragon breath would sell for like $25,000 roughly which I think would be quite OP as the players who grinded for the ghast tears would go like "Come to /Warp End for Dragon Breath!! Bring your bottles for Easy Money!!!!" in the chat.

2c) Trade Dragon Egg for a Creeper Spawner (and don't make gunpowder sellable to /Shop)

I'm not 100% sure on this one. I think this may result in too many dragon fights that Warp End may become crowded as well as Fireworks and TNT may become way too easy to get as well.

2d) /DragonTop

This could be quite interesting! I wouldn't mind seeing this. If I know one thing from MCC is that people love getting on useless leaderboards! Take quests, for example, a lot of people (myself included) do quests for quest points even if it's not worth it just to be on the leaderboard. Ahhh anyway, that's off-topic xD, nevertheless, I would like to see this added.

2e) Dragontop Podium in End

Adding onto the last suggestion, am +1, perhaps this could be in end spawn when you walk out.

Better Economy

No doubt that this Season's economy has completely failed. Fishing is so profitable, not enough money is going out of the economy, and everyone has become very rich, not knowing what to do with their money. As for your improvements:

3a) Plot Customisations

Erm, no. A lot of these are just adding expensive fees for simple things. I get that money needs to come out somehow but things like getting beacons are hard enough without paying for more fees. I wouldn't mind seeing things that may actually help others that hasn't been added before but some of these are quite unnecessary. Like the chest shop limit, for example, my shop would cost $300,000 just so it could work. Some of these might be OK, however, like plot biomes. Personally I think this might be quite pricy however as when I farm flowers, I often swap biomes lots. On the other hand, this could lead to warp fb exploration too. I wouldn't mind seeing /plot upgrades similar to /is upgrades on skyblock but I would like them to be somewhat necessary I guess.

3b) Purchase Spawn Eggs

Something I really loved about this season is how you can have so many more animals on your plots without spawners. Like chickens could be born by cracking eggs and parrots could be carried on your shoulder. I would love to see the addition of sheep spawn eggs for shearing and maybe have an animal limit (I think currently is 25) and like breeding cows to kill them. What I would love to see is this: You can buy Animal Eggs from /Shop and can breed till you reach a maximum of 25 animals. Also, have on Spawn Eggs section of /Shop an item renamed saying "NOTE: Only 25 Animals can fit on a Plot" or something so players don't get stacks and end up making a mistake.

3c) Advertising Slots

Eh. I feel /Ah would still be used as an advertising space especially when you can use a maximum of 5 adverts on the auction page. However, I feel like a subscription thing would go wrong let's say if someone's internet broke and when they relog on they lost all their money because they couldn't cancel it. For me, I think if this was to be added it would be it should be $8400 and it would say "Autodisables in 6d 59h 59m" or something.

3d) Items Purchasable from /Shop.

Right now I have like so many ender pearls and the only time I really use them is in envoys which I don't do often. If your Immortal or something you would get a lot of ender pearls daily so I don't think they should be buyable but I think Enchanted Golden Apples is a very good idea to sell on /shop, especially as now you cannot craft them on 1.9, making them very rare. Fireworks are also very consumable as people love to waste them xD. I mean I don't think many people remember that every rocket they use they are wasting almost $200 haha. I think $20,000 a stack seems reasonable for /shop.

1.8 PVP

The biggest downside from many Survival players is that PVP will never be the same again as 1.12 has a new combat system, hence why many servers stay 1.8.9.

4) Making a new server connected to Survival for PVP.

I assume this is similar to Warp Boss Battles, where it is still 1.8 which for me works absolutely fine. However, cross inventories do seem to be an issue. I could be wrong, however. Also, will players still be able to chat with Survival players? Will it say something different on /Friend List? Will the people in PVP be counted towards to player count?

Quest Adjustments

Quests have been the same for a while and I would love to see some adjustments, especially to make the goals more reasonable.

5a) Add Podium for Quest Top 3

I think this could be nice in the empty sections of spawn, as it encourages others to go for that #1 position!!

5b) Adjusting quest rewards and difficulties

This would be great to see! Adding some more variety of things like you mentioned. For example trading with villagers would be sweet.

Achievements!

6) Adding new Achievements server-wide and season wide.

I would absolutely love Survival if this was added. It's a shame that advancements don't work as they do in normal Minecraft so if MCCentral could add its own achievement system I would be really happy. Huge +1.

New Events

7) Elytra Event in a Boss World.

This elytra event you have come up sounds spectacular. A bit like envoys but flying and instead of prizes they're rewards. Fabulous Idea :D

Changes to Kits and Rank Abilities

8a) Mending Doesn't Cost XP for Bedrock+

I'm not sure what you mean by Mending doesn't cost XP but I still think /Fix is useful. I think this could stay.

8b) A new ability for emerald rank or higher (to compensate the loss of /fly in the resources world)

For your first idea, this could be used by anyone already, its called a boat xD. I don't think this would be all too beneficial. For your second idea, I feel this is only really necessary in 3 circumstances, A) Fighting a Witch, Cave Spider or Shulker or B) Raiding an Ocean Monument or C) Fighting the wither. The third one I think wouldn't be too useful either so I would pick the /heal one.

8c) /Kit Food (Mushroom Stew, not stackable)

When I was Iron rank I will admit I did run out of food a lot so I think that this could be useful if you're stuck in FB this I think would be useful. However, it kinda takes away the vanilla fun of saving up on food and cooking it, etc.

8d) Better Kit Starter

I like the idea of having a stack or two of ender pearls and a saddle, but I would also suggest a boat for long-distance sea travel. +1

Have A Great Day
    ~~iiSnowMan

#4 iiSean, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    nouhs, pangf, puposaurus and 2 others like this.
  5. 7heDwarf

I had this thought the other day...
    Make the following idea purchasable or for high ranks: the ability to clear a plot of the dirt and stone without digging.
    It is incredibly time consuming to get the plot to look how you want. Most people hire out the job anyway or the plots are left plain-looking.
    As for me, it is something I would spend in-game money on.

pangf and AZXG like this.
  6. puposaurus

puposaurus
    ok to start off, this is some what of a mix of my opinion/feedback on what you wrote and some questions about some things you put in, im kinda too lazy to re read it all and mark which is which, but majority of questions are towards the bottom

resource world/fb-
    In my opinion, i think the 2 weeks is a fair amount of time for a reset as it’s easy to set homes in all dif places and then just write down coords to dif ores or where animals are (if you’re doing a quest) and so on that the 2 weeks gives players that fresh start and pushes them a little more out of their comfort zone to actually explore n such. Let’s say that the monthly reset is implemented and I have 5 homes in dif structures/chests(mineshafts) that all have smth like gapples or mobdrops(like desert temples), theorehtically (very hypothetical w/ assumptions) that could be 155 gaps in a month w/o farming or using keys to earn money for them or even buying a rank for the sethomes or the key for the perk or giving/trading money for the perk as it was bought in a previous season (155 coming from 5*31 assuming that all of those sethomes all had an egap and the monthly resets are set up like the monthly quests where they change on the 1st of a month and that someone else doesnt beat me to it all…. again, very very hypothetical). anyways, even if it’s not things like structures it very well can be things like ores, especially if the price to sell ores in shops are increased. For multiple seasons I have taken advantage of my rank and sethomes and write down coords to ores and take advantage of it all until the seed resets and i re explore caves n such. Back when seeds didn’t reset I would end up having double chests full of diamonds and emeralds, and this season alone I have been able to use this stratgey (sorta) to load up on things like gold, emeralds, and diamonds, making multiple stacks of blocks outa these things and using them for quests. I think that a month would allow players to get comfortable and rely on homesets and coords n such to gather resources than actually making it feel more like survival. I think even if this monthly seed reset was compared to factions n such, the difference is is that factions worlds dont get reset daily once a resource is gone, it’s gone unless replanted or a farm is created (assuming the resource can be replanted and isnt smth like an ore and someone actually is gonna make some farm they see on youtube)..
    I think the end world and nether world should be reset as well just to keep things not all the same n such by just setting homes in end cities for infinite shulker boxes and elytras or even in a nether fortress.
    apart from the fb resets i think everything else you suggested related to it all n such abt shops would be a great addition to survival

kits-
    really just for starter/default kit i think logs should be changed from the 16 logs to 64 planks so default kits aren’t giving free money to all players. although it’s not a lot, i still think money should be from keys/rewards(/“/kit money”) or selling stuff or trading w/ other players

dragon event-
    For the dragon event, wdym by as long as a player dealt damage.. Since, like, i could just bow the dragon off once and peace out and afk or smth and i could still get prize?

mob limit-
    For mob limit, are you saying that to up grade to the full 25 mobs it’d cost 310k? As in the $ each mob prestige, so 80k for the 20, then 160k for the 25… nothing against that, i think its very fair as this season i got carried away w/ parrots and chickens.

purchasables + quests (i think)-
    As for the items purchasable in shop… i think the price of egaps should be increased. I understand that w/ the 1.12 update, it made egaps more rare and more valuable especially since they didnt come in kits anymore, but i think even w/ all of your suggested changes players are still going to make tons of money either by kits or just w/ big farms. More directed towards the end of the season when players tend to have gotten into rhythm of the money grind and it can be more disposable on smth like gaps. As already semi-mentioned, things like keys (whether purchases or from votes) can make money easier to get.. Like the beginning of this season i got a few money pouches and at the beginning they were worth about 18-22k if i were to open them w/i the first week of the reset, now theyre around 200-300k from last time i checked in may… anyways, i think egaps should def be more obtainable for players, but also by making them more valuable then they were in previous seasons when they were in kits and more valuable like they are in other subs where they can be tossed and traded so commonly if that even makes sense.. Maybe a price like 40k or 80k per gap would be a lot at the beginning of a season but towards the end, not so much… or any/all of the purchasable items in shop inflate w/ economy as the season goes along (and a possible way to config this is every seed reset it increases 5-15% if the seed resets are once a month, and if they remain as they are now and have been either (1) increase 2-3% each 2 weeks or (2) increase every other seed reset).

no comment on the pvp

quests-****
    For quests, i personally think quest rewards should decrease rather than increase.. By doing so, it pushes survival to be more survival than some pansy eco subserver with someone’s mommy’s credit card. I get the quests now are lowkey obsured now and it’s hard to compare them if the other things in this thread are added with more things to do around survival; however, at the moment now the rewards (in my opinion) are too much and give a little more emphasis on how money is quite easy to obtain from simple tasks all for it to really not go anywhere. I think for dailys it should be 1k, for weeklys it should be 2-2.5k, and for monthlys it should be 5k-10k..

achievmwnts-
    For the achievement system, would it be like a thing in chat or…. ?

elytra-
    I like the elytra event, is it basically an envoy but w/ elytras? Lol

“/heal”-
    For your /heal would you include levitation a negative effect? Since shulkers are quite annoying, but also, i have used levitation from end cities and then doing /home as an advantage to get somewhere since /fly was removed (assuming i didnt have epearls on me :flyshed:)

conclusion-
    anyways these are just kinda my thoughts and my take on survival.. and sorta questions…
    anyways*2 HAVE A GREAT DAY and GrEAT poST moUCH appREciATiON for taking time to type it all out :D
    big clown moment

AZXG likes this.
  7. pangf

some thoughts i had:
    don't reduce crop prices again- setting up farms and subsequently harvesting them is time consuming, as well as very survival-ish. the prices last season were good
    the dragon fight ideas are great, as i saw people getting upset over their dragon eggs being stolen by randoms multiple times
    and as much of a pain as it sounds like to have to pay for changing plot biome/name/etc, it is a fun idea
    changing just the pvp back to 1.8 while keeping higher version content is something they should have done in season 7, and i'm glad it's being considered now. speaking of, are we going to get a higher version than 1.12? 1.14 would be amazing, especially for building items such as lanterns
    also YES, please update the tutorial to have more detailed information or at least the basic stuff, as well as pointing new players to the tutorial immediately. it's tiring having rookies ask the same 3 questions and get the same answers over and over in chat instead of just having them read important information up front
    one more thing: something very small that made season 7 good was that i couldn't sell my arrow(s). i hated having to stash my arrow(s) in season 6 to /sell all, so if the economy is going to switch to being mob-grinding-focused, perhaps add features for players to toggle selling specific items or just leave arrows out of the shop

#7 pangf, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    iiSean likes this.
  8. puposaurus

puposaurus
    this might be a horrible idea, but why dont we be tacky and throw tutorial in front of everyones face right as the first time they join, then after that leave it casual n such. or just promote it really hard in spawn to prevent like this described above.. or, like, even being more tacky and promoting/giving it to players everytime they join this sub ;)
    but if those(^) don't work out, i've seen "auto tips" been suggested in this server before (moreso for all subs and minigames), but if this were to be added like how theres messaes advertising the discord and staff app and envoy n such on timer, maybe have one for a tutorial
    anywyas ok
    [​IMG]

pangf likes this.
  9. AZXG

AZXG
    I think your ideas about the dragon fight are great! The damage reward and sellable dragon breath can work together. The amount of money a player gets is proportional to the amount of damage they do the dragon. At the same time, dragon breath is sellable at 400 per bottle so those who aren't able to do much damage to the dragon can still benefit from the event. Due to the way the money reward is given, people will try to do more damage to the dragon, so dragon fights won't last for too long and generate too much dragon breath. It'll also make the End less crowded.

The idea of charging fees for plot customizations is to find more things for people to spend their money on, which is exactly what's lacking in season 7. Some of these charges have better replacements, but I can't think of enough good replacements now. Providing things for people to buy is kind of tricky on Survival. We need more suggestions on this :)

The idea about "Mending Doesn't Cost XP for Bedrock+" is that I think we need to add more abilities for Bedrock+, since Mending made /fix less special (or useful). Mending + XP bottles is actually more OP than /fix , since you can use that while combat tagged. I'm not entirely sure about this one and it would be nice if the community has more suggestions.

As of the Emerald rank ability, the one about moving quickly in water is basically something similar to /fly while underwater in previous seasons. In the new season, there're elytras, but you can't fly underwater. In 1.13+ versions, there's swimming and you can move much faster in water. That's where I got the idea from. This ability will be very useful for ocean monument explorations. The second suggestion also had ocean monument exploration in mind, since elder guardians are harder to deal with now because it's harder to get milk and store lots of them in the inventory in this season.

Since digging plots is one of the main reasons why people try to get a beacon with a four-layer pyramid, making it purchasable is a bit too OP. A four-layer pyramid takes some time to get regardless of the choice of blocks, and a beacon isn't easy to get at the beginning of the season without opening keys. The price needs to be very high to balance it, and I don't think it should be added even with a high price since digging still takes a long time even with a haste II beacon.

If the situation in your example actually happens, then that player deserves to get that amount of money. It takes a lot of time and effort to find many generated structures with loots as good as gapples. Also homes aren't always going to give loots since other people can find them and take the loot before you. At the same time, looting chests every day means playing on a daily basis. The server needs to encourage people to play daily so that it has a larger player count. Therefore, if someone spends a lot of time and effort to find good homes and plays daily to loot chests in these homes, they deserve some reward for that. Therefore, I think changing the seed once every month works fine.

I agree with what you said here about inflation in the economy. There will be more money in the game as the season gets old in almost all the server economies I've seen so far. At the same time, I'm a bit concerned about increasing the price because it will make the game harder for new players when they are already behind. Increasing the price will discourage new players from PvP or even discourage them from joining the game. Also, one of the ideas behind the addition of gapples in /shop is to make them more accessible to those who PvP more on the server. During the later months of a season, many people will spend less time grinding for money or items, because they have accomplished many of the goals they set at the beginning of the season. During this stage of the season, PvP can actually be one of the more active playces on the server. The easier to get gapples, the more and longer people will likely to fight in PvP. If the price of gapples remains the same through out the season, then they'll be more obtainable during the end of the season, and potentially make PvP more active. Therefore, it's probably better to keep the price the same for gapples. Not so sure about other things, but I think there'll be less people buying fireworks or ender pearls later in the season.

Based on computations, with the rewards I suggested for the monthly quests, people will actually lose money if they do these quests. That is, either they will lose money because they need to consume items with high values, or they will lose money because they can spend the same amount of time making a lot more money doing other things. The motivation for the monthly quests is to obtain more quest points to get to quest top. And that's why I also suggested adding armor stand pedestals displaying top players in quest points. The reward is there to somewhat compensate for the loss so they don't lose a lot of money. The reason behind this is to make the quest top more changeling to get, and encourage people to complete daily quests. The weekly quests will not make people rich or cause monetary loss. The only type of quest that helps with money-making are the daily quests. This encourages people to spend some time in the game every day and therefore increase the player count and make the server more active and popular.

I think it should probably be fine if the selling price of crops isn't reduced (it's not reduced much in the suggestion), since Harvest Hoes need to be more useful than they currently are. In the current season, they can't compete with a Maxed fishing rod which is obtainable from fishing, even though Harvest Hoes are only obtainable from treasure keys.

For the tutorial, it would be great if the game tells new players to do /warp tutorial when they first join the server, and remake the /warp tutorial room with more detailed and up-to-date information. An alternative would be adding a book named "visit /warp tutorial" to the starter's inventory.

For the last one, I'm not sure how the new feature will work and it seems a bit complicated to me. Also, with an infinity bow, you don't need many arrows so it doesn't' seem like something with a high priority to add.

1.16 sounds fun to me as well. I think it's a bit unlikely since the reset of the server still runs on 1.8 with Creative on 1.12. 1.16 seems a bit too new and there can be performance issues. Compatibility is also something to consider, since 1.12 Survival is already causing lags for people playing on 1.8.

#9 AZXG, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    pangf, Dionnysus and puposaurus like this.
  10. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    While this is merely a concept - It would be amazing to see that survival is a 1.15 or even a 1.16 exclusive on the server - to utilize the new blocks but also to experience the new mechanics of the game. PvPer hopefully won't mind as the survival subserver is not built around PvP, nor is it much popular on the subserver, the exploration and adventure is!

Repeating the same update over and over becomes tedious, the new experiences become old, and having a 1.15/1.16 exclusive on the server could completely revive MCC survival to have a thriving playerbase to rival skyblock's player count.

pangf, Dionnysus, AZXG and 1 other person like this.
  11. HarryIsADuck

HarryIsADuck
    Quests- A lot of players including myself feel like quests arent that good this season, it would be good to see quests catered towards ranks so say Rookie to a certain rank have their own quests and stuff then the higher ranks have there own and then immortal having a different set as this would make people want to upgrade there ranks

pangf and iiSean like this.
  12. Liam5397

Honestly as a survival player I don't think these changes will make the game better and will probably off make it worse. Especially reducing farming prices, being able to buy spawn eggs and being able to sell mob items which would ruin many shops. Reducing fishing price is understandable though. Also basing it of the resource world wouldn't make that much sense with plots and would be better off with /claim. Also if spawners are re added it would not only harm the economy but defeat the purpose of survival. Honestly if they do make this major of a change I will probably quit Mcc which I've been waiting 3 months more then usual, and saved a large sum of cash for the beginning of season 8. This is my opinion.[/QUOTE]​

#12 Liam5397, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    AlexMarkey likes this.
  13. aDuq

aDuq
    This was a great thread AZXG.

I have just a few things that personally stuck out to me that I’d like to discuss. I fully agree that the price of ores should be increased for a few reasons. First off, I think with the current economy, mining for ores is not a suitable way to make money and most players find it valuable to spend there time else where. This is especially a good thing for new players if they need to make some starter money in this new economy. And secondly, I find that ores, while not completely scarce, are not as common as they should be. I will also note that I don’t think that ores should be doubled in price, but definitely increased significantly to encourage more people to mine, especially newer players with less currency.

The next thing I want to touch on is Enchanted Golden Apples. In season 7, especially in the beginning, they are an extremely hot commodity and are expensive and hard to come by, they can only come from Myth Keys, Quests and Envoys and even then will only give you probably 1 at a time. While I think it’s unfair to some players that to be able to afford a good amount of Enchanted Golden Apples for PVP, it will cost you a fortune, I also believe in a level of exclusivity for the sole purpose of the economy. Overall I think Enchanted Golden Apples are too expensive and making them available in /shop would help that, but I think 20k, like AZXG suggested, is a bit low, personally I would like to see them around 40k from the /shop and keep the same percentages for Myth Keys, Quests and Envoys to be able to get. I think putting them for a set price will greatly help the over pricing of this high tier item without completely devaluing it, considering I’ve seen them sell for as cheap as 10k and as expensive as 500k per, this will help standardize it’s prices while also making them a bit more accessible to the general public rather than the rich 1%, making PVP more fair overall.

The final thing I want to touch on is PVP as a whole, and the problem with it. I think PVP has drifted away from it’s original intention and has become a source of money for the rich on the server. People with ridiculously expensive items can spend hours in PVP killing people for $1,000 per and there will be no match for them other than the very few other rich people. Like I mentioned about the Enchanted Golden Apples, it’s very difficult to fight someone with insane amounts of money and decent skill. I think some adjustments to PVP that would help this would be a larger map, punishment for PVP logging and possibly doubling the amount of envoys. My reasoning for doubling the amount of envoys would be to entice more players into PVP to hopefully decrease the amount of kill farming and increase the amount of actual PVP. I’ve also noticed that when a player who can’t face another, often times they will just log out and come back later not having lost anything, I think adding a punishment for this like a temporary ban or something(that’s just a suggestion) would help reduce this idea of just kill farming like I mentioned before. And the reason for a larger PVP map in my opinion is just that the current one is a bit cramped, while it’s well made, it’s fairly small in my opinion, especially compared to some of the KitPVP maps, I think making it larger would also free up some space and help prevent just one person from kill farming.

I’ve probably got some other ideas but that’s about it for now. Some quick things I would like to see back personally would be Spawners with lower plot limits, so only like 50 max per plot, Chest wands that let you sell a chest full of stuff with just a click, and if possible, I would like to see an update to a newer version of the game. I know 1.12 happens to be one of the best versions but I like a lot of the newer blocks and mobs added to the game and would like to see those added.

Again these are just my personal opinions, you are allowed to agree or disagree, just giving my personal input.

pangf and AZXG like this.
  14. Siva

So, I didn't read this entire thread (yet) but I asked ingame about maybe a change to the gear you get as a bonus for your first login, a sheep and cow egg so that it's possible for one to have a sheep and cow on your plot (or to trade these eggs, so that those who want an animal farm can breed one or both, while those who do not can sell theirs for money. I noticed that on my first login, I had some dirt and cobblestone, and some basic tools. These were ONLY on my first login.)

I was hoping that next season update would be to 1.16.2, and sounds like that's not happening.

I was also hoping that the glitch with journals (books you can write in!) would get fixed, so that we have a way to offline-msg one another (make a mailbox with a chest and a hopper over the chest and put it on your plot so that people can bring a journal they wrote in, then drop it on the hopper, then you check the chest under it when you log in for any messages) but it seems that this too is not why the next season was apparently delayed.

For all I know, my idea to add the eggs to initial equipment isn't going to happen either, but at least this way it's on record. And it's not like I'm asking for two of each sort of critter, just one each of sheep and cows (not mooshrooms).

Thank you for reading this. Especially if you are someone who has told me ingame that my "essays" are too long.

tl;dr: one sheep and cow egg per person please?

15. AZXG

AZXG
    I agree that some of the quests this season aren't as good as others and should be changed. I think quests should be the same for all ranks, because players with higher ranks already have many advantages and changing the quests based on ranks will make it more unbalanced. I think a better way to motivate people people to upgrade their ranks is to improve the rank abilities of Emerald and Bedrock, since those were affected by the 1.12 update and they aren't as useful or powerful as they used to be.

Let me clarify a few things here: Currently, it's impossible to breed mobs on plots. They will consume the crops, give XP, but they won't' spawn more mobs. With this restriction, the only way to make profitable mobs farms is to do it in the overworld. Making farms in the overworld is risky since other people can find the farm and harvest or destroy it. I also don't think this will ruin many shops. The new change should be able to encourage people to make mob farms in the overworld and produce more mob drops, which will make them less rare and more accessible to those who don't make mob farms. Spawners still won't' be obtainable (with a possible exception of creeper spawners), so the only way to use those spawners is to make farms in the overworld (same as this season).

How much do you think the ores should sell for, and why?

If gapples will be one of the rewards of the treasure keys next season, then the price can depend on the average value of items of the same tire. For example, if a mythical key gives 10 enchanted golden apples, then the price per gapple should be around 1/10 of the price of a piece of mythical armor. It's a bit tricky to determine a price for it though, since the price for mythical armor also varies. 40k seems a bit high to me since it's about 1/3 of the price of an end crystal. A price between 20k and 40k will probably be good, and we need more opinions on the exact price.

Great ideas! I think a bigger map will give more players a chance to get envoys instead of most envoys being opened by those with very good gear. I also think logging out while combat-tagged should count as death and lose items.

For the envoys, I feel like the envoy rewards this season aren't that useful in general, but that might be a result of the issues with the economy. I think envoys can be adjusted so that it's easier to get for most people instead of having most of them opened by the few with very good gear most of the time. A bigger PvP map will help. Maybe also increase the number of chests and reduce the amount of reward in each chest?

I don't think bringing purchasable spawners back is a good idea. In changes I suggested, the only type of obtainable spawner (if added) is creeper spawners, and gun powder isn't sellable to /shop. Therefore, sell wands aren't necessary. As of plot spawner limit, since there's plot mob limit, I don't think people will place down lots of spawners on a plot because more spawners won't spawn more mobs.

The idea of adding spawn eggs of certain mobs is to introduce a new pet system that enriches the gameplay and introduces a new way for people to spend their money on and therefore improve the economy. Mobs can't be bred on plots this season, and this should remain the same in the next season. The place to make mob farms is the resources world.

I also hope the book and quill can be fixed.

16. nouhs

nouhs
    I liked these points the most I think that even though I joined Survival later into this season that I would like to see these for next season for sure. I love to mine and that is a really big part about survival in general I think.

iiSean likes this.
  17. Siva

And here I was thinking that the ability to breed critters on your plot would be a draw unique to survival server. If you want to make it a donor rank only thing... then you'd have to figure out how to stop people manually walking critters to others' plots for sale or gift. Survival has, allegedly, not many people compared to other MCC servers.

Mind you, I know this is academic. A mod has spoken, and no means no. I would rather devs fix the journals than we all get these spawn eggs, and I'm glad we agree on that. I also know coding isn't easy.

18. aDuq

aDuq
    Just some additional ideas me, SmolMonte and AZXG were discussing earlier.
    I recommended making a focus on PVP next season because, in all honesty, PVP is a bit lacking. In my previous post I talked about some improvements to what we currently have for PVP like a larger map, improvements to PVP logging and increasing the rate of envoys. I have a few new suggestions that both build upon my previous ones and provide some new, never before seen fun to survival. One of my main points talked about making the PVP arena larger to make PVP way more fair, especially for the envoys that spawn every 4 hours. While I enjoy envoys and they do increase traffic to PVP, I'll often visit PVP and find it dead, even on weekends at peak hours, and if it's not dead, then it's one person with over-powered equipment that rules it. My idea was to introduce some sort of Mob or Boss for players to have to fight over in PVP, even if this means removing envoys. I think giving people an incentive to go into PVP more often, even if it's for less loot than an envoy, will still providing them something to do like fighting mobs or custom bosses, will help increase not only player retention, but can prevent the PVP space from being overtaken by just one or two people. And maybe some parkour in PVP would be fun too :3

Another smart idea that both I and SmolMonte shared was bringing back Sell Wands. To some people, these may be useless, and in season 6 I often saw them sold for extremely cheap. But for people like me and SmolMonte who enjoy building these massive farms, not just of spawners, but things like sugarcane, cactus and wheat, well it ruins our incentive to want to play the server if we don't have Sell Wands. This may come across as biased and it probably is, but for season 8, a lot of my goals count on using farms, and having Sell Wands back saves us a huge amount of time. Now there are two main arguments as to why people will disagree with me, the first being that "Sell wands will only make the rich, richer". My response to that is that, while yes it may decrease the time to sell therefore increasing overall profits for farmers, I will also say that it makes these farms another easier source of money for a lot of people on the server, in turn helping the overall economy, but only those who are willing to put in the time to build a good effective farm will reap it's benefits. The second argument is that "Why should sell wands be added back when you can just make a profit shop?". I see where this comes from and people who say this are right for the most part, however, profit shops are not as effective as they used to be, especially during this season 7. I've played for a few seasons now and I've always built huge farms to turn into profit shops and as time goes on I see that these types of shops are used less and less. I'm not entirely sure I have an explanation as to why this is happening but the trend of profit shops, is no longer profitable, I often struggle to sell at my current profit shop, and my margins for profit are staggeringly lower then they have been in previous seasons.

Again these are just some additional ideas I've thought of and discussed with other people in excitement for the new season of survival. I would like to see any of my ideas in consideration because I genuinely put a lot of thought into them and being on this server for 4 or 5 years now on and off has really given me time to see where improvements can be made.

AZXG likes this.
  19. Higheist

An easy way to fix the lack of ways to spend money would be requiring players to spend a certain amount to unlock end and nether, I wouldn't be the one saying exact numbers but 100k for nether and another 500k for the end may help, the numbers would of course be different but it would help progression and economy from my point of view.

Also I kinda hope 1.16 :P (I do know technical and player issues with upgrading but...)

#19 Higheist, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    fedham and puposaurus like this.
  20. fedham

fedham
    I actually really like that idea, not sure if 1.16 would make it though

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.