[Survival Games] Esteryia

Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by LukeLovesCandy, Jun 26, 2020.

1. LukeLovesCandy

LukeLovesCandy
    Map Name:
    What is the name of your map?
    Esteryia

Survival Games

Map Download:
    Please provide us with a URL to download your map (optional).
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/aaxlk2ppvc3i6eo/Esteryia.zip/file

Map Description:
    Provide us with some information regarding your map.
    Esteryia is a Jurassic era map where people have set up villages and camps near a Jurassic oasis but were massacred by the dinosaurs. There are also many other creatures that are in the jungle that is Esteryia.
    (the map is at x=2 y=31 z=3)
    Chest Count= 400+
    Radius= 250+
    Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ukPV61D
    Builders:
    Please list all of the builders who participated in making this map.
    LukeLovesCandy, Thrillz, xXKnightmairXx

#1 LukeLovesCandy, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    TorontoCanada, Lexxonist and Swinger like this.
  2. reallylazy

reallylazy
    Hey!
    This map looks awesome! I don’t know how it is gameplay wise but wow it looks really good, especially with the shaders and texture pack you have on. Only suggestion is I would move the enchanting table and kinda make sure you can add enough chests at spawn, minor things and just my 2 cents. Once again, y’all did an awesome job and I really like the name, very creative!

LukeLovesCandy likes this.
  3. Swinger

Swinger
    Hey LukeLovesCandy! I actually really like this map, and I'm glad we have some Survival Games submissions coming through! Would you be able to post a screenshot of the map top-down (from the middle at the top of your dome) so we can get an idea of the layout?

I love the look and feel of the spawn, surrounded by trees and in a little crater in the ground. The stonebrick around the outside is a fantastic touch, it really gives the center of the map some gravity and makes it feel like a focal point of the map. All I'd suggest here is making it a little bigger, and moving the player spawn points further away from the mid chests.

I also think your custom organics look great! The palm trees and big jungle trees both work really well, and give the map that Jurassic feel. Your giant octopus and snake organics are both nice as well. My problem is that I don't see enough of that; I want more cool organics around the map for players to find!

This would also go a long way to fixing the map's big problem; it's too open. You do want open space on your SG maps, but you also want it to be interesting to explore, with some denser areas for people to hide in to compliment the wide open areas you already have. You can see this in a few maps on MCC. The Lost Zoo is a big map that has become a player favourite because of how many explore-able shacks and enclosures it has. Sequia has a lot of open space around the outside for fighting, but has a big sprawling town in the middle that draws players in. Try and think of ways you can fill space a little more to achieve something similar!

I really like this map, it's definitely one of the better SG submissions we've seen in a long time! I hope you take some of my feedback on board, and best of luck with it getting accepted :)

4. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Hey LUkeLovesCandy,

This map looks really good. I can see you've put a lot of time into making this. everything adds up and you can see you really went for this 'tiki' theme. The organics are insane! I love that octopus you made and the birbs look really good aswell. as @Swinger said, a top-down screenshot of the plot would be really nice, or a video of you travelling thru the map.
    I hope you'll make another map submission soon!

5. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    Looks amazing, nice work!

6. LukeLovesCandy

LukeLovesCandy
    I do see your points on making some more organics to fill up the empty space on the map, however I feel like there is just enough open space to have fair fights possible throughout the whole map and just enough animals/structures to make the map feel full. I do have a video showcasing the map here (note it is a bit different from the version I have submitted since I made this map a long time ago) and I also took some above air screenshots here https://gyazo.com/299adfe5c5dd715141003f5f365e8a72. Hopefully these can better showcase the map for everyone and I look forward to hearing more feedback from the community :D

TheKingOfTurtlez and reallylazy like this.
  7. fouffy

fouffy
    Oh wow, as an SG main myself, I can for sure say I like this a lot. The theme of this entire island is like no other, and I am liking the large animals involved!

8. Phraze

Phraze
    As an actual SG main, I've never seen you play SG once, or any minigame for that matter. Pretty sure you only play subservers as I've only seen you on creative and skyblock. You could have commented on the map without lying to yourself and others.

9. RaptorMission95

RaptorMission95
    Hey LukeLovesCandy
    As a survival games player, I surely think this map looks epic. I love the detail you put into the map it makes the map interesting. I also agree with what @Swinger mentioned earlier. Other than that good job on the map, I hope this gets added to the collection of survival games maps and have yourself a wonderful day or night.

10. xHarte

xHarte
    This map looks amazing! Definitely something I would be excited to play on! :)

11. fouffy

fouffy
    Returning after months of being M.I.A to make up some forum post requirement & minutes does not make someone the ability to know what others do when they're online if we are being honest. I do not need 10k minutes a month to be an SG main. I could get 5 minutes a month and still be an SG main. It really is what you main / prefer when it comes to anything else on the server (Considering that's what an SG main actually means), but I mean, it was an attempt well put together. (I was on LOA the entire month of June) We will continue this thread only regarding the map submission and nothing further for that matter. <333333

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.