Survival Games - Chest Refill Time Decrease

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Cessie2u, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Cessie2u

Cessie2u
    Hi all!

I have a suggestion regarding the survival games chest refills. Often times, the game will be over when the countdown is still around 8 minutes. To me, this kind of defeats the purpose of the chest refill.

Instead, I think that the chests should refill every six minutes. This provides some PVP time, but also adds to the game-play without taking an astronomical amount of time.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Stay Safe.

Cessie2u

2. TeddyOreo

TeddyOreo
    Hey Cessie2u,

I totally agree with this. Most of the time during the beginning of a game, I am basically half armored and I might have a weapon. Decreasing the chest refill time will encourage players to go back to 'mid' and re-supply. I like the idea of 6 minutes but that can be a bit too low as a team of 3-4 can camp mid and easily get a full iron-diamond set. Depending on the map, there may be a different outcome for game time as some are large (San Andreas) and others are smaller. Y'know how it goes. Bigger map normally means more chests so the time change can mix it up a little based on the map. Overall +1 for this idea.

Cessie2u likes this.
  3. Cessie2u

Cessie2u
    Teddy-

Thank you for your detailed and positive feedback on this idea. Regarding the six minute time, honestly I just threw out a number. But in reality, the maps are all different sizes, so I think the time should be dependent on that. So by the time you make it to the end of the map, on the way back, you'll have un-looted chests.

Thanks again!

Cessie2u / Carter

4. Reeme

Reeme
    Hey Cessie2u,

Bro, you are on to something, this is a great idea! I agree that 6 mins can be somewhat low but you have a great idea in the making. I also agree with you on the fact that the bigger/small the map the more or less time on the cooldown. Anyway great idea, hope to see you in-game sometime. <3 Have a good one.

-Reeme5397

Cessie2u likes this.
  5. Melodieee

Melodieee
    Hey!
    I very much agree with this, somehow i can never find many chests on survival games which leads me to not getting good armour most of the time! It's most likely because I don't know 99% of the chests on basically all of the maps though. It would be nice for chests to reset within a good time limit for players to be able to get good gear and have a fair chance. But as TeddyOreo has said, It does matter if the maps are larger or smaller. Overall I like the idea!

Cessie2u likes this.
  6. fedham

fedham
    Yeah I definitely agree with you, the wait time is really long and it sucks on maps like Vareide 1.

Cessie2u likes this.
  7. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey, I feel like this is a good idea, I play sg every once and a while. I feel like the only games where chest refill actually happens is when there is long games that last a while. But, that’s only 10% of the time, But the other 90% of the time the gameplay is quicker, games end faster. I feel like this can be cool because most of the games end sooner than the refill happens, and it would be nice if the refill is sooner. But, at the same time, the refill is used to bring players to middle in long games that carry on. (kinda as a bait). I don’t know how i fully think about this, so i’m not gonna give you a +1, or -1 because i’m not too educated in sg, and I don’t feel like it would help or hurt gameplay.

Thanks,

Cessie2u likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.