Suggestions For The New Survival Season.

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by Deleted member 29, Nov 3, 2019.

?

Should MCC add a /wilderness command to Survival?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2019.
  1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
  1. Hey everyone! As you all know, Survival recently reset leading us into the new season! There have been a lot of new changes regarding survival, one most notably talked about a missed by the community is the ability to use /fly in the resource worlds. As I can see why this is a missed asset to Survival I would also like to say I am glad to see /fly leave the list of accessible commands, this makes Survival a lot more like well...Survival!

One of the things I did enjoy about the /fly command was that it made it easier to find resources in the resource world. As you get mining later in the day before the seed reset, it begins to get harder and harder to find resources such as ores, caves and sometimes even wood due to the fact that the closer you are to the warp the more farmed the resources are, causing them to be depleted. With /fly this was never an issue as you could just fly a certain ways away and find a new untouched area to mine in a matter of seconds making it so more players are able to use the resources at hand. Just by careful observation I have seen that the first about 250 or so blocks in resource worlds spawn are 3 times more depleted and 3 times more used up than seasons before because players are not wanting to have to way or travel by other means to get their resources, mean that most players will just not venture farther than 1000 or so blocks away from resource world spawn unless they are in dire need or a certain material.

A possible solution of this is to implement a /wilderness type command that allow a player to teleport to a random area on the map so that way it is easier for players to get resources they need but it will also help players find needed items much faster. With a /wilderness command I feel like we would see a decrease in the clutter near spawn and see much more people motivated to go out and mine and gather resources. I also see /wilderness to have great benefit for survival because it would be an amazing substitute for /fly because rather than a player having to fly out 1000 or so blocks, they can instantly get to an area in which they can mine in a matter of seconds rather than minutes.

One way I think we can do this is make a command that allows players to teleport to a random spot in the resource world every 5 minutes, that way players would be able to gather resources and then move on to the next area without the struggle.

Thank you for taking your time to read this post, if you have any questions or comments please add me on Discord: PlayerUnbound#9857. with that, thank you and have a wonderful day/night.

httpmeme, Master_Aqua and puposaurus like this.
  2. Ewhz

Ewhz
    This would be a great add to compromise for /fly being removed. It would work similar to factions as the warp wild to find land that isn't claimed, but this will warp to land that is unharvested. Would love to see this addition!

+1 for me :) Have a good day!​

puposaurus likes this.
  3. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey!

Thank you for making this thread, I will respond to what I think.

Like yourself I agree that /fly removal was a Great Idea, however of course the resources worlds do get a bit hard to get around not gonna lie.

However there are 3 Things that can easily help you!

1) Elytra and Fireworks will help you get around so quickly but of course they are rather rare.

2) Boats, if there is an Ocean that is huge simply sail across until you find land and you should be good. Boats only need 5 wood and are very easy to make.

3) Horses, if you have a saddle simply tame a horse and ride it. They will not despawn and will be super efficient.

Also another tip is go behind spawn as it is less used as much. Personally what I do. However I disagree about adding a /wild command for several reason but number one you can just slam it until you find good homes and is not how Survival Plots should be at all!

Have a Nice Day
    All The Best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

#3 iiSean, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  4. kylebop

kylebop
    Hey PlayerUnbound

I find this to be a great idea due to the reason you had stated with not having /fly. In a solo survival world when you do spawn in, you will be spawned in a random area, the same concept of UHC. Therefore I really do see a benefit to this knowing that there are going to be more resources. Instead of having to run far just to find basic materials as the world hasn't reset for a while. I don't have much else to add other than thinking this is a great idea.
    Things to bring up, should it cost money to use the command? Should there also be a cooldown? Those are some things that I can see being looked into. However, overall I do think this is a great idea but there are some things people can take advantage of.

Strong +1 from me, I feel it should work the same as spawning in with UHC.

Kylebop | MCC Senior Moderator

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.