Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Suggestion of using Paladin (Screenshare tool)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Venzel, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venzel

kaizare
    Hello! This is my first forum post here in the forums, my IGN is Venzel and recently I just thought of a good idea that'll help the community reduce the hackers hiding their cheats, so I decided to make a thread about it.

What's Paladin?

Paladin is a screenshare tool that scans files for hacked clients, ghost clients and even recently deleted clients. It's very useful for staff members as it detects closet cheaters in-game. It has a screenshare tool, a serverside anti-cheat and also client side anti-cheat therefore it can potentially improve the server drastically.

It's also very noticeable that Mc-Central has a lot of hackers, they freely fly around the skywars map, bypassing anti-cheat and there's also the players (also some donators) closet cheating or toggling hacks in-game which gives them unfair advantage.

Why use Paladin?

The main reason why I suggest using Paladin is that it can find hacks that are hidden, or even deleted ones which is the main benefit of using it, rather than manually screensharing players since they can potentially hide it or delete it. I've personally fought a lot of donators that are toggling and getting away with it due to the fact that they can easily bypass everything.

It's cons:

• It's not free, unfortunately.
    • Mc-Central has more blatant cheaters that will just change accounts instead of screenshare. Therefore this method is mainly used for Donators and closet cheaters that are getting unfair advantage.

https://paladin.ac/

PS. This is just an idea of mine since I've been playing in practice servers back then and it's one of the key factors why they have few cheaters in-game. I'm writing my ideas purely to help this server reduce hackers. <:

2. 89p

89p

89p
    Hey there Venzel.

MC-Central already uses Paladin to screenshare players. I assume you've made this post as a result of the hackers you've seen in Skywars. MCC are working on a custom anti-cheat to combat these hackers. Until then, you can report hackers you see here, or, you can join the MCC Discord and notify a Staff Member in #support if you find any hackers.

Have a great day.

3. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    Yeah, they use paladin already, they already have a partnership with them so they got it for free, while on the staff team, we used paladin and it was great to find ghost clients off closet cheaters.

4. Venzel

kaizare
    I see, I assumed it was still manual because of what I've heard from other players and they said they were manually screenshared and so it just popped on my mind, but I'm glad the server's slowly getting better <3

5. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    Well you see, theres a limit of 50 members on the paladin user list, so some staff may have to do manual ss', but the staff that actually do ss' commonly have access to Paladin.

Venzel likes this.
  6. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

MCC already uses Paladin and each staff member has access to it.
    We also have a "unofficial" SS Team that help out other Moderators as well with screenshares :)

- Locking thread as this is already implemented

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.