Suggestion for forums

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Alansar_trignot, Aug 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alansar_trignot

Alansar_Trignot
    Hey, so, recently, I have gotten 2 points toward forum bumping, (this is when you reply to a forum when it’s most recent reply was 14 days ago) I am thinking that maybe implementing a small string into the website so that it makes forums with the latest reply of 14 days gets locked automatically.
    I don’t focus on the dates of the forums when reading what people are thinking on the server...
    Thanks for reading and I hope to see this in soon!
    -Alansar_trignot

2. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    This has been suggested before believe it or not, but never been added because you see, there’s threads that need more then 14 days like give aways, polls etc... Otherwise I think there’s no need to add that.
    -Ori

3. Eleung_musk

eleung
    I mean personally I don’t see a problem with the dates unless you are actively trying to look for a certain post. Usually I reply to like some of the top posts. To me a post should only get locked if it’s been answered by a mod or SR mod.

4. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    You can read my thread here that brings up this same suggestion, and review some of the comments that other players bring up regarding this idea. One of the main pieces of valuable feedback regarding a feature like this is quoted below.

This point about allowing the original poster 1 free thread bump is important, as automatically locking the thread would block the user from doing so. Do give this suggestion thread a read-through though, as other users bring up some very valid & interesting points as well as tweaks to this suggestion.

✰ Thread locked

Xermes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.