Suggestion: Changing /blacklistcheck Output

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Zonafer, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Hello.

Recently, I was using the /blacklistcheck command to check the status of certain words, when I realized that the message seems to be very short and minimalistic. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I think that it would help to add more detail in the message. Right now, there are two possible outputs:

The blacklisted message
    [​IMG]

The not blacklisted message
    [​IMG]

And there definitely is room to expand, or at least make the message clearer. For example, instead of the generic blacklisted message, there could be something like "(word) is a blacklisted word. Attempting to bypass the blacklist will result in a mute." Again, with the not blacklisted message, maybe "(word) is not a blacklisted word. However, bypassing the blacklist will result in a mute." would help deter players from attempting to bypass the chat filter and claiming they verified with /blacklistcheck first.

I don't think it's too big a deal, and it can certainly wait, but I say it would be beneficial when reporting a player for use of an obscure blacklisted word, for instance. Not too important, but still something that should be looked into. :)

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    pee pee poo poo i agerree w you.

hi mr zonafer! i can see where you’re coming from, and after reading those beautiful words you displayed for us community members to read and agree or disagree with has changed my perspectives on the emssages the server sends back at ya’ for blacklisted words. like, i has a “bruh moment”.
    i really don’t have much to add on to what you said.
    i can find this being useful for chatreport sweats and if they’re unsure about certain blacklisted words.
    also for blacklisted words that are weird, wonky, wacky, and kinda ”unknown”. i don’t wanna give an example for obvious reasons :penbsive: but.. anywyas

overall, +1

have a great day!!! it’s honestly so cold outside ima die.
    ~PUPOSAURUS

Deleted member 29 likes this.
  3. Hey Zonafer,

I agree with your statement here. The /blacklistcheck command when seeing if a word is blacklisted seems bland. That is something I have been thinking about for a while and just never got around to posting anything on it.

I think it would be good to implement a "(word) is a blacklisted word. Attempting to bypass the blacklist will result in a mute." Or a "(word) is not a blacklisted word. However, bypassing the blacklist will result in a mute." Personally I think that would be a fantastic way to make it better than it is right now.

Although, I do have to say that either way I feel like regardless of how it's worded those with mischievous thoughts will still preform these actions. I also like how when you check to see if a word is blacklisted, it is short and to the point. Rather than having some long explanation it just gives the user what they requested.

Anyways thanks for taking time to write a post on the fourms as well as taking time to read my post. Have a wonderful evening.

puposaurus likes this.
  4. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey Zonafer!

This is just one of those ideas that would be fine if they are added but aren’t a top priority you know :wink:

I suppose this could be added as it is pretty much the same as what happens when you say it but also tells you / reminds you that trying to bypass the word is muteable.

Have a Nice Day!

___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.