Strong Feet For Everyone

Discussion in 'Minigame General Discussion' started by seretinsky, Nov 19, 2020.

?

Make strong feet accessible to all

1. Yeh

65.4%
  2. Nah

34.6%
  1. seretinsky

seretiin
    If you’re a rookie, or sometimes you just get bored and want to play on an alt. You will know exactly how jarring it is to play CTF without strong feet.

More than half of the maps become completely impossible to cap on because without strong feet you’ll likely have to take the flag back through the other teams spawn as opposed to jumping off the top of a building.

I think it’s unfair on the new players who have absolutely no chance of contributing to the game if when they try to recover, a sweaty kid jumps of a building and they aren’t able to follow

The strong feet perk should be given to everyone as it just makes the game more fair m, as it’s incredibly unfair with all the BS perks in the game allready.

LMK what you think
    Fanks

Lexxonist, G0thichic, 3iz and 3 others like this.
  2. Lxvely

Lxvely
    Hey there!

This thread gets a -1 from me. It makes sense to me that - like the other abilities - you should have to play to earn the credits to pay for this ability. Of course, it makes rookies and newbies have to work a little harder, but I think it shows more commitment to earning the credits and getting better at the game.

Have a lovely day! :)

G0thichic and YoureKindaSus like this.
  3. Daniel

eBoyHack
    Strong feet is stupid
    remove it and add a perk which make u less fall damage would be much better than stupid strong feet

4. seretinsky

seretiin
    I understand where you’re coming from with this, however the point of this thread is that the strong feet perk is essential in many ways to play the game well, like how i mentioned with recovering and capping. It’s not like some of the perks which don’t have that much effect in the great scheme of things. Taking fall damage can completely change how you play the game entirely

In my opinion i think it’s pointless to make new players work to get a perk that is needed to play the game as a lot of them will probably give up.

Lexxonist and 3iz like this.
  5. Al3240

I could not disagree more. I think just as important on a lot of maps as the no fall damage is the fact that if you fall like 4 blocks, you’re not going to be delayed by taking damage. Adding a perk, especially one that only activates sometimes like the others, would turn ctf into a gambling game. Plus, when one arrow can take off half your health, you need as much as you can get from not taking fall damage.

I do however have one thing to say which is that it’s not unplayable without strong feet except for castle warfare and jungle warfare. Everything else is doable, just difficult.

BlockyBeach, Daniel, 3iz and 2 others like this.
  6. Al3240

I agree that not having strong feet makes things like recovering difficult, but I was just wondering what 7+ maps you’re referring to here because I think that’s a bit of an overstatement.

BlockyBeach likes this.
  7. seretinsky

seretiin
    Allright you’re a rookie without strong feet playing on castle warfare, you chase someone up they grab the flag and jump off the edge, you can’t follow them becuase you’ll die of fall damage, and even if you die, spawn is too far away for you to catch up

8. PolarisPumpkin

ayo WHAT?

3iz likes this.
  9. Eleung_musk

eleung
    If this were to be added, I want my 8k credits back

10. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Its a perk that anyone can buy.
    The whole point of having credit-based perks is that anybody can acchieve them.

As a rookie (and even when I had a rank), I saw the perks and thought: "wow, I want that!"
    It was nice to know that I could grind for the perks without needing to buy a higher rank; and so, I did.

I could understand this being an issue if this was a donor-only perk, but its not.

As such, this thread has nowhere further to go.
    Simply grind out the Strong Feet perk on your alt like everyone else would, or if you can't be bothered, then don't play on your alt. Simple.

#10 KierenBoal, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
  11. seretinsky

seretiin
    Not quite sure what you’re writing about but the problem isn’t about me, it’s about the new players coming onto the server.

Yes you allready being on the server and allready having played lots of games, and you allready having a donator rank WITH a credit multiplier might make it slightly easier for you to obtain the perk. But a rookie, who has never played and is just looking for new games to play on might join CTF watch people jumping off buildings and think “hey that’s unfair why should i have to work to play the game properly” and never join the server again.

I don’t give a crap about my alt i’m trying to look out for the new players on the server, which is what you should be doing. Simple

12. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    You’re still missing the point.

I know the modern way a lot of server’s work is to just give people things without them working for it so their dopamine receptors can go nuts without actually needing to do things…

The thing is, if a rookie joins, and sees other people jumping from high ledges, they will take fall damage (exactly like vanilla Minecraft). Rather than thinking “that’s unfair, I quit.” – I’d wager that MOST players would try find out how to get this super power of not taking fall damage.

They’d see it costs credits and be relieved that they can obtain it without buying a rank.

If we were to go for your mentality, we’d remove all perks from all minigames, remove credits and have no perks or advantages for playing the games.

At least with the current system, a rookie can play minigames, see the cool perks, and work towards earning it – especially considering none of our perks are TOO grindy to achieve; you can get most of the nice perks by playing minigames for a few hours.

Your comment about “Yes you allready being on the server and allready having played lots of games, and you allready having a donator rank WITH a credit multiplier” is completely moot. I earned many of my in game perks as a rookie; because lo-and-behold, when I was a rookie, I saw people using their perks, and was like “I want that”, and as such, I played games (having fun) and earned the perks (having fun) and then got to use the perks (having fun).

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I personally enjoy working for stuff to earn it.

Working for credits to earn abilities is enjoyable.

I’ve played servers that hand you all the perks and powers – it’s not fun.

I’ve played servers that give you big numbers because big numbers fun – it’s not fun.

I’ve played servers that give you a rank for joining – it’s not fun.

MCC hits a nice balance between grinding for stuff yourself (because you can, without spending a single dollar, get anything), and buying stuff.

13. Maxiles

i can see ur point in this but for once im agreeing with staff, it should be something to work towards even if it's an alt or whatever. but i think adding more perks and removing others would make the game better

14. TheBruno_

TheBruno_
    Well, in my opinion this perk need to be allowed for everyone, and not only for who earn 8k credits. It's OK if people disagree with this, then let's just put a lower price, around 2k credits, because a lot of players give up by the fact that they don't have this perk and this makes the game extremely more difficult.

15. Al3240

Umm... and what does that have to do with the question I asked exactly?

16. seretinsky

seretiin
    I don't have the time or effort to go through every single map

17. Al3240

Yes but I asked which maps are “virtually impossible to cap on” and you rambled about how recovering on castle warfare is hard without strong feet if you run all the way up the base.

18. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    All it takes is to get to level 8 in minigames, which is grindable in less than a day.

The whole idea of perks is to reward long term players that are half-decent at the game and have played for a while, and if people don't want to get 8 entire levels to get strong feet, then this may not be the mode for them.

BlockyBeach likes this.
  19. At0mlc

Ahhhdam
    I don't like this because it adds a goal to get in ctf (maybe not a big goal) but still a goal, and to make strong feet a perk for everyone isn't good because, it adds a since of not falling immediately because of no fall damage.

BlockyBeach likes this.
  20. itch

I hear every ones point, but i have to agree with seretinsky on this one. Yes, for most perks people should have to work up and earn their way to be able to purchase them, but strong feet is completely unfair advantage and as someone who plays all day, you see rookies complaining about it more then you see them saying I am going to grind so I can be like them. Also, there re plenty of maps where it is extremely unfair, such as, clash valley, jungle warfare, and also the castle warfares are much harder to cap on without strong feet. CTF is a great game, and I know that stuff like this turns the new players off. Especially in the beginning when you die every second. I think the other stuff should have to get purchased but strong feet should be automatic

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.