Stop taking the game so personally

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pxrge, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Pxrge

Pxrge
    Hello everyone who is reading this thread,

It has come to my attention that the MCC community is as toxic as Chernobyl and people are taking the drama to the next level.

What do I mean by this you ask? For example, let's take a look at the minigames community where toxicity thrives as people play the game and kill each other, but some of these players take it to the heart. Yes, someone dying to another player in a minigame when most of the time, the minigame is based around killing each other in order to win.

The person who is taking it personally might do one of the following:

• KOS(kill on sight) if the player is in their game
    • Send hate messages towards the player
    • /friend remove if it was their friend
    • Send you your address
    • Spread bad and/or false rumors about the player who killed them
    If you do one or more of the following, then you're only hurting yourself. Yes, some might complain that it happens everywhere in all games, but I've been to other servers that have a much more mature community than this one.

How do I not take it personally? Here's a few things I suggest.

• Be the bigger person, shrug it off, and moving on will not only make you a better player, but also a better person
    • Know that it's a block game
    • If your patience levels are being tested to the maximum, then I suggest stepping away for 30 min - 1 hour or whatever works for you the best.
    I can't change the way people are because in order for this community to become less toxic, the people within the community need to change themselves for the better. This community will always be filled with people who will take the game personally because that's just the way things flow. This thread was inspired by @seekingattention 's video

I hope that I change even one person's perspective because it may not make difference in the world but it might make a big difference in their life. Have a good one.

- Pxrge

2. khoah

khoah
    hey!
    Things like this have happened to me myself, and friends. I cannot say that I haven't gotten overly mad at the game, but this is an amazing thread :). Definitely changed my look upon things, thank you for making this thread. Perhaps this will change people's views on things like this. MCC does have a lot of toxicity, as you pointed out. Obviously this isn't going to stop everyone from being toxic, however still a great forum post
    <3

Flarinbeast likes this.
  3. Lieger

Hey Pxrge!
    I think you bring up a really good point with this post. I personally know people that this has happend too and I must say, its pretty annoying as well as rude :(. Just be sure to report these toxic players on the forums or go ahead and message a staff member on the "MCC Offical" discord and they can help take care of your issue!

Have a great day!
    -Lieger

Flarinbeast likes this.
  4. Twizsoul

Twizsoul
    hey FUCKERS!
    Things like this have happened to me myself, and ETHOTS. I just ignore them or laugh at them like any regular person, but this is an amazing thread :). Definitely changed my look upon things, thank you for making this thread. Perhaps this will change people's views on things like this. MCC does have a lot of toxicity, as you pointed out. Obviously this isn't going to stop everyone from being toxic, however still a great forum post.
    edl2ei40vuq21.jpg
    ITS A PRANK BRO ITS PRANK! THE CAMERA IS RIGHT THERE!

Flarinbeast likes this.
  5. Flarinbeast

Suh foo,

Ona set this forum post preachin straight facts G. I see where you comin from vato. It's annoying seeing the playas put others down when you supposed to be liftin ya homies up ya feel me holmes? Pero, keep up the good threads ese. Hasta luego mi amigo y tenga un buen dia wey.

- Novato Mejor MCC

#5 Flarinbeast, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  6. BanditFroakie

7. wiso01

Wiso01
    Hi, I think that the toxicity level is pretty high in mini games because people tend to get really nervous playing them because their goal is to win, win and win. But in my opinion, people are way more toxic on the faction realm for example because everyone know each others since a season last 4 weeks.
    I think that your advices on "How do I not take it personally" are great but i'd had one more:
    Don't hesitate to chat report people who are being really offensive to you. It's a quick way to make the game more friendly and less toxic and it's free. It takes 5 seconds to do it.
    There sure is some work to do on the toxicity of the McCentral community but I feel like chatreporting abusive players is a good way to make the server better step by steps.
    -Wiso01

8. Flarinbeast

To be honest bro /chatreport doesn't even do anything. The last time I used the command /chatreport, it was for someone spamming the same message at least fifteen times in a row within the timespan of about a minute to two and it got denied.

-Best Noob MCC

wiso01 likes this.
  9. wiso01

Wiso01
    I totally agree that the /chatreport isn't working that well. I've had the same issues. I've reported people being racist or saying some blacklisted words and the chatreport was denied.
    Maybe there's something I didn't understood in the chatreport command but in my opinion it's still the best way to get ride of toxic people.

Flarinbeast likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.