Sticky Harvest Hoe / Upgradable Pickaxe / Etc

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by iluvu, Jul 11, 2020.

1. iluvu

Hello everyone, while I have seen ideas like this floating around so it certainly is not a totally original one, an unfortunate Skyblock player dropping their Harvest Hoe into the voice has inspired this idea. My idea for the system is that you can Shift + Right Click to enable "Sticky" mode for Harvest Hoes, Harvesting Axes, Upgradable Pickaxes and any items of a same or similar nature, this mode meaning that the item cannot be dropped from your inventory and only interacted with via shift + clicking into other menus such as chests (so the action is deliberate). Dying with one will still drop the item of course. I am thinking this could either be a player save state so that players with the sticky mode enabled will have it applied to all of these types of items (which seems like a better idea), or it could be attached to the individual items. What do you all think of this rendition of the idea? Any improvements to be made / is there a better alternative entirely? Please let me know!

2. Lewklo

zaeuz
    I personally agree with you. I've seen countless amount of players complain about loosing their Harvest Hoes in chat, and i'm sure staff also get quite a few requests if they can compensate many for their hoes back (or other items dropped into the void) so it would save a lot of time there. Theres so many possibilities of accidentally clicking the drop button (Q) as it is directly next W so it's understandable why this happens to so many people. It's unfortunate how if you do manage too loose it to the void thats it which is why this suggestion would be perfect and fit so well saving so many worries of loosing this item.

The easiest way to prevent this from happening yourself is by changing controls and setting the drop key as something other than Q so it isn't a possibility of dropping it so easily but thats a bit of an effort. Either having a "Sticky Harvest Hoe" or before dropping a somewhat confirmation message pops up, however I think that Sticky Items should become a thing! Great idea & I really think this or something similar should be added as it would personally save me the worry! :) +1

mxbel and iluvu like this.
  3. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Hey,

I dont agree with your idea that it should be toggle-able via a shortcut, such as shift+right click. This is because it would often get accidentally toggled off, which could lead to you losing your hoe accidentally. Instead I like the posts requestion a /lock command that you would use while holding the hoe to lock it into your inventory, or make it “sticky”. However the idea is good, though very repititive with many other posts.

I do believe that this feature, or something like it will soon be added, however, due to the extreme demand from the community

- olo

4. guih

guihzy
    I find that idea really interesting. I just feel like there should be some sort of text displayed on the screen to let the user know whether sticky mode is enabled or not. I also think that having a command to toggle it would work better than a hotkey system. +1 from me

olo_YT likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.