Staff Issues (Opinion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xyzzy, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xyzzy

_Xyzzy
    Dear MCC Community,

I was talking with fellow players with the lack of response time with the appeals process and it occurred to me that this server has only like 40 staff members and has at any given time around 3,000 players. I think that they should hire more staff to enforce the rules and have a moderator for each sub server as in having a staff team for Prison, Survival, Factions, creative, etc. to ensure that if a problem should arise the staff can take care of it in a timely manner. The other problem I have is that there should be a set procedure for each staff member. I think each level of staff has to have specific responsibilities. I also think that when you get punished you can only get punished where you committed the violations by the staff member of the sub server where it was committed. I also think that there should be a separate appeals team that sifts through appeals and then makes a timely decision and not make the person who makes the appeal wait three days before getting a response. These appeals should be done on severity of violation as well with different appeal forms for each level of infraction.

Open to ideas from all

Thanks,

Xyzzy

2. abbzyy

abbzyy
    The players that are promoted to helper are those that have proven themselves trustworthy and capable to hold the position - the applications team would not accept someone just because the staff team is lacking people (though I personally think it's the best it's been in awhile). Having a moderator per subserver would become too complex, and many people enjoy being spread out across the server. Also, not many people only enjoy playing some of the subservers with fewer players, such as creative or survival. Chatreports are frequently checked, and you can always ping a staff member in #support in the MCC Community Discord if you need immediate assistance. I don't think having an "appeals team" would be beneficial whatsoever. The reason that the staff member who punished you tends to your appeal is because they have the most information on the situation and why you received your punishment. Why would you need different appeal forms for each severity of punishment? The appeal format is pretty standard and leaves room to go into detail. I do think that the appeal response time (3 days) could be lowered. I would suggest lowering it to 2 days, which still gives the staff member plenty of time to respond.

mxbel, iZyro and CatBoyFable like this.
  3. CabanNieves

I did a forums appeal last week and it hadn't been looked on and also a couple of days I reported some teamers from Survival Games and that hadn't been looked on either.

4. Airpxds

TropikalResort
    Teaming In Survival Games IS Allowed

CatBoyFable likes this.
  5. abbzyy

abbzyy
    If you were punished by an admin, they are exempt from the 3 day response time for appeals. I highly doubt your reports haven't been responded to; are you sure you're looking in the right place? Try to go directly from this link. Regardless, teaming on SG is allowed.

EDIT: Didn't see the response above me prior to sending this reply

CatBoyFable likes this.
  6. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

Each staff role already has a set of responsibilities assigned. Dividing staff per sub server has been discussed and always denied because it is not necessary. Factions is already a sub-staff only because it requires a lot of attention and the sub server has an additional set of rules. Each staff is already required to spend x amount of time per sub server per month and every month those requirements are exceeded by each staff member.

Appeals are only dealt with by the punishing staff as they witnessed it and don't collect proof so another staff member would not know the context of the punishment and would not be able to make a proper decision. Making appeals separate per violation is also unnecessary and will only cause more problems.

If your appeal has been open for more than 3 days, then you were either
    a.) Punished by an Admin (They are exempt)
    b.) Punished by a resigned/demoted staff member (Then SrMods deal with them)*
    * Sometimes these appeals are required to be a team decision by the Senior Team

Your appeal was looked at within 24 hours, what do you mean "it hadn't been looked on"
    There are hardly any reports open because of how active reports team is, at this current moment there are 0 open reports. (Plus, Teaming is not even punishable on SG)

- Locked // Resolved

MasterChheda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.