[SSW, TSW] Add Shrinking Border Toward The End of Games

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Marco5py, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Marco5py

Matthew3v2
    In many skywars games I have seen players that will camp, avoiding battle in the hopes of not dying or claiming the win.

Usually, when people camp, I can only imagine that the following would be their thought process.

- Marco5py has better stuff than me.
    - The chances of winning a PvP encounter with Marco5py are low.
    - Therefore, I will wait out the game so I will not die, and if I have more kills than Marco5py, then win.

Then, they will proceed to base/skybase to protect themselves.

Now, I, a frequent skywars player knows that I can bridge to them, but usually they are loaded with projectiles, making it risky (therefore I usually will not bridge). I understand that this evens out the game, but then both players are left waiting for however much time there is left. This removes the PvP aspect of Skywars, making the game boring.

I suggest that toward the end (5 minutes) of SW games a shrinking barrier be added, so that it will gradually force the remaining players to come to mid to increase the chances of a PvP encounter, allowing the game to end quicker.

EDIT: i was messing with the tab button on my keyboard whoops (still editing)
    EDIT 2: Finished everything

#1 Marco5py, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    puposaurus likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.