Spamming Reactions Rule Change

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by DarkBeastPro, Feb 17, 2021.

?

Is this a smart idea

1. Yes! I think this should be implemented to avoid exploits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No! This would affect my daily discord experience

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. DarkBeastPro

DarkBeastPro
    Hiya, so this is gonna be a short thread cause I'm doing this on mobile. What my suggestion is that for the Spamming Reactions on discord, there should be a rule where you cannot add 10+ reactions to 2 messages. This is because you can max out reactions on 2 messages, and still not get punished as you are within the rules. I will attach a photo of what this looks like so y'all don't have to try it. I think this would be pretty useful because people can exploit the current rules to legally flood chat.

Attached Files:

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    Hi guy guy,
    i see what you're saying, but counting the amount of reactions seems a little absurd when some staff don't even know the length for discord punishments. points like this have been brought up in a post before (link). i still stand by the fact that the reaction spam rule is silly to have in general, and on computer (on most settings) having 20 reactions just creates 2 lines
    [​IMG]

in the old forums post, it was basically suggesting to get rid of the rule and was turned down since rules are rules and blah blah. it touches on your suggestion with ex moderator dj (miss u :pleading:)

your example alone, is a little weird since all of the reactions are random and such, but there are some cases where using all 20 would kinda make sense (still excessive, but not be an eye sore like your example). a few i can think of on the top of my head is stuff like when people want to spell words out n such or have nitro or something and just wanting to do a bunch of :flushed: variations.

not to mention, it's not like this is an often/reoccuring problem. people use 20+ reactions on announcements (like promos) and/or if someone is muted from mee6 or carlbot. youre active as fuck in general, this type of stuff doesn't happen every day.

i think theres enough ways to exploit a lot of the rules, and more ways to exploit the reaction spam rule. an example is, like, when people alternate/take turns reacting to messages.. here's some examples
    [​IMG]

overall, i don't think a rule like that shouldn't be added. granted, i still think the reaction spam rule should've never been added. with that part aside, i also don't think it should be added since it just seems a lil excessive to count the reactions. i think it'd make a lil more sense to for staff to know when its excessive n such esp since this isnt something commonly done in the community. anyways.

89p likes this.
  3. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Agreed with pup on this one. It's really hard to police this and it would be unfair to enforce that rule on something like the promotions where the "spam" is harmless and fun instead of being malicious. If it's gonna be a big problem I think staff would have resolved it by now, but honestly it's not an issue and staff can use the blanket reaction spam rule to punish if it ever does happen. No need to create a new contingency rule. -1

Have a lovely day/night​

4. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Hey GuyGuy/Kan how wonderful to see you make a thread with decent arguments! Goodjob :D

This only happens in the promotion channel or whenever Teddzy sends a message in #genral so it doesn't really bother anyone (but maybe her lol). If this actually starts becomming a major problem in our discord we might do someting about it. But for now we shouldn't.

Enjoy thy day O great GuyGuy

5. Ringars

Ringars
    i miss dj too i love you bbygirl

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.